Great Scot: London to Edinburgh, 8 Day Rail Journey
1 May - 30 June 2020
4 nights accommodation at the 3-star ibis Earls Court in a Double Room.
Why not add: an Afternoon Tea Cruise from an extra $68* per person.
Why not add: a Royal London Sightseeing Tour with the Changing of the Guard from an extra $83* per person.
Why not add: a Downton Abbey Village, Blenheim Palace and the Cotswolds Select Tour from an extra $116* per person.
One way rail ticket from London to Edinburgh based on a 2nd Class Adult fare.
3 nights accommodation at the 3-star ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge Royal Mile in a Double Room.
Why not add: a Scotch Whisky Experience from an extra $43* per person.
Why not add: a Outlander Adventure Tour from an extra $106* per person.
Why not add: a Loch Ness, Glencoe & the Highlands Tour from an extra $120* per person.
Day 1-4 London. London is a great base from which to explore the corners of England, and with four nights in the city, you have plenty of opportunities to make the most of your included Britrail ticket. There's no shortage of easy day trips to take from London on the train. Brighton, a popular and quirky seaside destination, is a 1.5-hour trip, and York, with its curious jumble of shops in The Shambles, is just shy of 2.5 hours from Kings Cross Station. Of course, you could simply use London as a base to further explore England, or you could make the most of your time in the city. There's always something going on in London; you could try to spot royals, follow in the footsteps of your favourite authors, eat your way around town, or tick off big-name attractions such as the London Eye, Tower Bridge, and Westminster Abbey.
Day 5-8 Edinburgh. (650km) Hop on board for a relaxing train journey through the countryside to Edinburgh. Scotland's capital turns on the charm with its gothic architecture and curious corners. Edinburgh's Old Town is where you'll find cobblestone streets, a vibrant student population, and historic attractions like the Royal Mile, Edinburgh Castle, and the Queen's official Scotland residence, Holyrood Palace. It's also worthwhile taking the short hike up to Arthur's Seat; this lookout offers one of the best views in the city. Another viewpoint worth a visit is Calton Hill over in New Town for a different perspective of the city skyline. This side of the city is also home to Edinburgh's high street, Princes Street, St Giles Cathedral, and the iconic Balmoral Hotel (where JK Rowling finished the final Harry Potter novel).
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 March 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..