Canada From East to West Summer 2019
From 10/08/2019 to 09/10/2019
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences.
Luxury air-conditioned coach.
Ferry across to Victoria from the coast of British Columbia and from Victoria to Vancouver.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Variety of Optional Experiences.
City orientation tours.
An expert Travel Director and separate driver.
All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes.
Day 1 - Arrive Toronto (2 Nights) Welcome to Toronto, Canada's largest city. Get settled in at your hotel before meeting your Travel Director this afternoon.
Day 2 - Niagara Falls Excursion This morning, travel to Niagara Falls, one of the largest falls in the world. See the Canadian and American sides as you cruise to the base of Horseshoe Falls. Back in Toronto, experience the sights and history of this multicultural city.
Day 3 - Toronto - Kingston - Ottawa (2 Nights) Drive along Lake Ontario to Kingston, a city known for its grand 19th century limestone buildings. Embark on a river cruise through the Thousand Islands National Park area of the St. Lawrence River. Listen to your crew as they point out beautiful historic mansions on the Canadian and American sides and recount fascinating historical tales. Later, make your way to Ottawa, Canada's beautiful capital city.
Day 4 - Ottawa Sightseeing Start the day with a sightseeing tour of Ottawa. View the city's most famous landmarks, the rest of the day is free.
Day 5 - Ottawa - Quebec City (2 Nights) Entering the French-speaking province of Quebec, you'll notice the change in language and traditions. Arrive in Quebec City, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Dating back to 1608, the city has retained its fortified colonial core.
Day 6 - Quebec City Sightseeing and Free Time Join a Local Specialist on an exploration of Old Quebec, the historic heart of French Canada. View the famous turreted Chateau Frontenac, the imposing Citadelle and the historic Plains of Abraham. The afternoon and evening are free.
Day 7 - Quebec City - Montreal This morning, your Iconic Breakfast is served at Erabliere le Chemin du Roy, a Cabane a Sucre (Sugar Shack), where you'll learn how maple syrup is made and turned into various other maple products. Travel through the French Canadian countryside to Montreal, Canada's liveliest city. An orientation tour with a Local Specialist includes the sights of Old Montreal with its Old Port, Place Jacques Cartier, the shopping district and Notre Dame Cathedral. The evening is free.
Day 8 - Montreal - Toronto Today, travel from lively Montreal back to Toronto.
Day 9 - Toronto - Calgary (2 Nights) Transfer to Toronto Pearson International Airport for your flight to Calgary. On arrival in Calgary, you will be transferred to your hotel.Please note, the flight from Toronto to Calgary is not included in the tour price and requires separate purchase. It may be included as part of some international air tickets.
Day 10 - Calgary Free Time Enjoy a full day at leisure in Calgary. Stroll through downtown Calgary or take a ride up the Calgary Tower, one of the highest 360? observation decks in the world. Consider exploring Heritage Park Historical Village, where costumed interpreters entertain and educate guests about the social, economic and cultural affairs of Western Canada's early development.
Day 11 - Calgary - Banff (2 Nights) Take a short orientation tour of Calgary before starting the spectacular journey to Banff. Soon, the majestic peaks of the Rockies come into view. A sightseeing tour takes you along Tunnel Mountain Drive. View Cascade Mountain, Mt. Rundle, Bow Falls and other natural attractions like the surreal hoodoos-strange rock pillars twisted by millions of years of wind.
Day 12 - Banff Free Time Today, explore the area at your leisure. Take an exhilarating optional helicopter flightseeing tour, a ride up to the top of Sulphur Mountain on the Banff gondola or a more in-depth exploration of Banff National Park and the surrounding wilderness including world-famous Lake Louise and stunning Moraine Lake.
Day 13 - Banff - Icefields Parkway - Jasper (2 Nights) Drive along the Icefields Parkway, offering one of the world's most spectacular mountain landscapes as you follow the backbone of the Canadian Rockies. Keep your camera ready as you look for wandering wildlife. Stop at Peyto Lake, marvelling at the beautiful azure-blue glacial waters. See the Columbia Icefield, the largest in the Rockies, covering an area of over 200 square miles (322 kilometres) with depths of over 1,000 feet (304 metres). Ride aboard a giant Ice Explorer across the Athabasca Glacier for a closer inspection of this massive glacier. Other stops along this beautiful highway include Crowfoot Glacier, Bow Lake and Athabasca Falls. Arrive in charming Jasper for a brief orientation tour.
Day 14 - Jasper National Park Free Time Enjoy a full day at leisure in the largest National Park of the Canadian Rockies. The beauty of the area will leave you breathless. Optional activities abound-from a gentle float trip^ on the scenic Athabasca River to a wilderness hike to view the glacier on Mount Edith Cavell, or a scenic cruise on Maligne Lake to iconic Spirit Island. Your Travel Director is on hand to help you plan your day.
Day 15 - Jasper - Kamloops See more of Jasper National Park and enjoy views of Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Rockies. Along the way, see breathtaking waterfalls, crystal clear lakes, lush alpine meadows and sweeping forests before reaching Kamloops.
Day 16 - Kamloops - Victoria (2 Nights) Pass through the charming town of Hope before boarding a ferry bound for Victoria. Enjoy picturesque views of the many islands dotting the Strait of Georgia before docking at Swartz Bay. Arrive in the charming city of Victoria, the capital of British Columbia. An introductory sightseeing tour of the city takes you along the waterfront district, past the Parliament Buildings and Government Street, through Beacon Hill Park and along the waterfront.
Day 17 - Victoria Free Time This morning, enjoy an Iconic Breakfast at world-famous Butchart Gardens in the Blue Poppy Restaurant where light pours in through skylights and large windows face the gardens. The rest of the day is free to enjoy the many delights Victoria has to offer. Perhaps take a whale-watching^ cruise along the protected waters of Haro Strait and the Strait of Juan de Fuca for the best views of the whales and fantastic photo opportunities.
Day 18 - Victoria - Vancouver Travel to Vancouver by ferry. Vancouver is one of the world's most naturally beautiful cities with its picturesque harbour. See historic Gastown, the city's oldest neighbourhood, designated a National Historical Site. See Chinatown and stop at Stanley Park with its famous collection of totem poles and lovely views from Prospect Point.
Day 19 - Depart Vancouver Bid farewell to Canada and your newfound friends. Sightseeing Highlights Banff View stunning landscapes on a sightseeing tour Jasper Enjoy an orientation tour of this charming town and free time in Jasper National Park Kingston Embark on a narrated cruise through the scenic Thousand Islands area of the St. Lawrence River Montreal Embark on an orientation tour of the city led by a Local Specialist Niagara Falls See the American and Canadian side of the falls aboard a cruise Quebec City Explore Old Quebec with a Local Specialist Quebec City Iconic Breakfast at a Cabane a Sucre (Sugar Shack) where you'll learn how maple syrup is made Toronto Sightseeing of Chinatown Vancouver Sightseeing includes Gastown, Chinatown, Stanley Park and Prospect Point Victoria Enjoy a sightseeing tour of the city Victoria Iconic Breakfast at world-famous Butchart Gardens in the Blue Poppy Restaurant with light pouring in through skylights and garden views
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 July 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..