Rhythms of the South Summer 2019
From 07/10/2019 to 17/10/2019
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences.
Luxury air-conditioned coach.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Variety of Optional Experiences.
City orientation tours.
An expert Travel Director and separate driver.
All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes.
Day 1 - Arrive Nashville (3 Nights) Welcome to Nashville, "Music City, U.S.A." Get settled in at your hotel before meeting your Travel Director this afternoon.
Day 2 - Nashville Sightseeing and Free Time This morning, tour Nashville, passing historic Riverfront Park, the Tennessee State Capitol and Centennial State Park, home to the world's only full-scale reproduction of the ancient Parthenon in Athens. Explore the vibrant heart of Nashville's entertainment industry at Music Row. Visit Studio B where the Everly Brothers and Dolly Parton recorded some of their albums. Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum to see memorabilia from Hank Williams, Loretta Lynn and Garth Brooks. Your afternoon is free. This evening, attend a live recording session at the Grand Ole Opry, home to America's longest-running live radio program.
Day 3 - Nashville Free Time A full day at leisure in Nashville to do as you please. Chose from the variety that Nashville has to offer, perhaps visit the Johnny Cash museum, or journey to the Belle Meade Plantation, or maybe visit the Ryman Auditorium, home of the Grand Ole Opry from 1943 to 1974. Your Travel Director will be on hand to help plan your day.
Day 4 - Nashville - Memphis (3 Nights) This morning, drive to Memphis, a city steeped in music history from B.B. King to Elvis. On arrival, enjoy an orientation tour of the city. See iconic sites like the massive Memphis Pyramid and the luxurious Peabody Hotel. Check out the mighty Mississippi before stopping in the Victoria Village neighbourhood to see fabulous houses from an elegant era. Drive past the historically significant Lorraine Motel, where Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated. This evening is at leisure.
Day 5 - Memphis Sightseeing and Free Time Start the day with an Iconic Breakfast of Southern fare served family-style at one of the oldest caf?s in Memphis. Next, visit Sun Studios where Elvis was discovered, followed by a pilgrimage to Graceland. The mansion was purchased by the "King" back in 1957 for $100,000 when he was just 22 years old. Back in town, the remainder of the day is at leisure, your Travel Director will be on hand to help you plan.
Day 6 - Memphis Free Time Enjoy Memphis at your leisure or as an option, travel to Tupelo, Mississippi, the birthplace of Elvis Presley.
Day 7 - Memphis - Natchez Set out for Natchez on the Mississippi River and drive along a portion of the famous Natchez Trace Parkway through exceptional scenery. Used by American Indians, "Kaintucks," settlers and future presidents, you'll learn why the Old Trace played an important role in American history. As you arrive, you will see some of Natchez's many beautiful antebellum homes that remained untouched during the plight of the South.
Day 8 - Natchez - New Orleans (3 Nights) Head south to New Orleans, travelling over the world's longest overwater bridge. On arrival in New Orleans, soak up the "Big Easy" as you are joined by a Local Specialist for a city tour. Highlights include the French Market, Jackson Square, St. Louis Cathedral, the Garden District and an above-ground cemetery with elaborate stone crypts and mausoleums. This evening is free.
Day 9 - New Orleans Sightseeing and Free Time The day is yours to explore New Orleans with many optional activities. Perhaps visit the French Quarter with a jazz brunch, head out to the swamps to see alligators or take an evening jazz cruise along the Mississippi.
Day 10 - New Orleans Free Time Today, you have the entire day to explore this vibrant city on your own-visit a jazz club, Oak Alley or take a cooking class. The choice is entirely yours.
Day 11 - Depart New Orleans Bid farewell to New Orleans and your newfound friends or extend your stay at the Wyndham in New Orleans. Sightseeing Highlights Memphis Iconic Breakfast at a classic American "greasy spoon" restaurant for a typical Southern family-style breakfast Memphis Visit Sun Studios where Elvis recorded some of his revolutionary albums before heading to his home, Graceland, to tour the grounds Nashville Explore Studio B, the Country Music Hall of Fame and enjoy an evening at the Grand Ole Opry Natchez Revel in the pure beauty of the South's antebellum estates New Orleans Spend the early afternoon with a Local Specialist touring the downtown area and Garden District before visiting one of the above-ground cemeteries
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..