Enchanting Canadian Maritimes Summer 2019
From 27/07/2019 to 01/10/2019
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jul Sat 27 2019 to Aug Tue 06 2019Sold OutFrom$3,895*
Aug Sat 03 2019 to Aug Tue 13 2019Sold OutFrom$3,895*
Aug Sat 10 2019 to Aug Tue 20 2019Sold OutFrom$3,895*
Aug Sat 31 2019 to Sep Tue 10 2019Sold OutFrom$3,975*
Sep Sat 14 2019 to Sep Tue 24 2019On RequestFrom$3,925*
Sep Sat 21 2019 to Oct Tue 01 2019Sold OutFrom$3,895*
10 full breakfasts.
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Hand-picked Insider Experiences.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Arrive Halifax (2 Nights) Learn the art of living the good life as you brace yourself for crisp sea breezes and hearty Nova Scotian hospitality in Halifax, your launch pad to an effortless discovery of Canada's Maritimes. Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a Welcome Reception at your landmark Stay with a Story overlooking the famous Public Gardens.
Day 2 - Halifax Sightseeing Immerse yourself in the port city's rich maritime heritage during a guided visit of the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. Join your Local Specialist for an exploration of Halifax's sights, including the trendy harbourfront, Halifax Citadel and the local cemetery, where many of the Titanic victims were laid to rest. Spend the rest of the day at leisure before you Dive into Culture during a visit to one of Canada's oldest breweries. Take a step back in time to mid-19th century Halifax as you stroll through Alexander Keith's beautifully detailed brew house and taproom. Then it's time to indulge in a Regional Meal of traditional Maritimes pub fare and the best brews.
Day 3 - Halifax - Baddeck (2 Nights) Explore the legends and traditions of the Mi'kmaq people during a visit to the Millbrook Cultural and Heritage Centre, where you'll meet a native Glooscap guide who will share this First Nation's trials, tribulations and triumphs. Traverse the Canso Causeway to Cape Breton Island and delve into the island's unique blend of Acadian and Gaelic culture. Arrive in the village of Baddeck, so beautiful that it inspired Alexander Graham Bell to choose it as his summer home, and enjoy dinner and entertainment this evening.
Day 4 - Cape Breton and the Cabot Trail Unspoiled natural beauty and sweeping coastal vistas provide a mesmerising backdrop for our drive along the Cabot Trail next. We keep an eye out for moose and bald eagle as we travel in search of whales in the Gulf of the St. Lawrence. Returning to Baddeck, we'll stop for a light lunch surrounding by pristine scenery.
Day 5 - Baddeck - Wood Islands Ferry - Charlottetown (3 Nights) This morning, we pay tribute to one of the world's most famous inventors at the Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Site, then cross the Northumberland Strait to Prince Edward Island. Pass pastoral landscapes and gabled farmhouses en route to Charlottetown where we enjoy a full evening at leisure, perhaps to discover the town's vibrant dining scene. Our Stay with a Story was built in 1931 and reflects such luxurious features as barrel-vaulted ceilings and a grand lobby.
Day 6 - Charlottetown Sightseeing Join a Local Specialist for an exploration of Prince Edward Island and visit the literary landmark of Green Gables. Connect with Locals during an evening with the owners of the PEI Preserve Company for a Be My Guest dinner.
Day 7 - Charlottetown Embrace the freedom of a full day at leisure to appreciate the allure of Charlottetown on your terms. Enjoy a stroll around Victoria Park admiring the harbour views.
Day 8 - Charlottetown - Shediac Bay - Hopewell Rocks - Saint John We return to New Brunswick, crossing the Northumberland Strait via the engineering feat that is Confederation Bridge. Head to the waters of Shediac Bay, where we'll celebrate all things lobster with our Local Specialist. Then, enjoy a delicious Regional Meal lunch of lobster served local style on board the boat (weather permitting). We journey south to the Bay of Fundy in search of the world's highest tides. Join another Local Specialist to visit the magnificently eroded Hopewell Rocks and enjoy a rare opportunity to walk on the ocean floor. Our overnight stop is in the port city of Saint John.
Day 9 - Saint John - Digby - Lunenburg (2 Nights) A leisurely morning sees us leave the cliffs and coves of Saint John behind, as we board a ferry to cross the Bay of Fundy to Digby. Journeying along the southern coast of Nova Scotia, we arrive in the UNESCO-listed Lunenburg whose maritime heritage radiates from every colourful fa?ade.
Day 10 - Lunenburg Sightseeing Take a trip back to a time when European settlers chose this picturesque location to lay the foundations for a colonial outpost. Your Local Specialist will reveal insights into the city's heritage as you stroll past the colourfully clad 18th century homesteads that are characteristic of its Old Town. Visit the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic and explore the decks and passageways of real Tall Ships. Enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure before joining your companions for a Farewell Dinner this evening at your hotel.
Day 11 - Lunenburg - Peggy's Cove - Depart Halifax This morning, breathe in the fresh ocean air and share in the inspiration enjoyed by painters and photographers who visit Peggy's Cove on St. Margaret's Bay. We arrive back in Halifax and take our transfer to the Stanfield International Airport where our trip comes to an end or consider extending your stay in Halifax. Sightseeing Highlights City Tour in Halifax, Charlottetown, Lunenburg Cruise on Shediac Bay Scenic Drive along The Cabot Trail Visit the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, Halifax Citadel, Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Site, Prince Edward Island, Green Gables House, Hopewell Rocks, Peggy's Cove
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 July 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..