Essential Jordan - 7 Days
From 2019-09-22 to 2020-12-20
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Sep Sun 22 2019 to Sep Sat 28 2019Limited AvailabilityFrom$1,195*
Oct Sun 20 2019 to Oct Sat 26 2019Limited AvailabilityFrom$1,245*
Nov Sun 03 2019 to Nov Sat 09 2019Limited AvailabilityFrom$1,245*
Jan Sun 12 2020 to Jan Sat 18 2020AvailableFrom$1,245*
Feb Sun 09 2020 to Feb Sat 15 2020AvailableFrom$1,245*
Mar Sun 08 2020 to Mar Sat 14 2020AvailableFrom$1,245*
Mar Sun 22 2020 to Mar Sat 28 2020AvailableFrom$1,245*
Apr Sun 05 2020 to Apr Sat 11 2020AvailableFrom$1,295*
Apr Sun 19 2020 to Apr Sat 25 2020AvailableFrom$1,195*
May Sun 03 2020 to May Sat 09 2020AvailableFrom$1,195*
Jun Fri 05 2020 to Jun Thu 11 2020AvailableFrom$1,195*
Jul Sun 19 2020 to Jul Sat 25 2020AvailableFrom$1,195*
Aug Sun 02 2020 to Aug Sat 08 2020AvailableFrom$1,195*
Sep Sun 20 2020 to Sep Sat 26 2020AvailableFrom$1,195*
6 breakfasts and 1 dinners.
5 nights - 3 star hotels and 1 night - Wadi Rum desert camp.
4x4 desert safari across the sand dunes of Wadi Rum.
Excursion to the Dead Sea.
Touring of Amman, Petra, Karak, Wadi Rum, Dead Sea and Mt Nebo.
Escorted by a licensed Jordanian tour guide.
English speaking specialist guides at some local sights.
Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 7.
All transfers and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles.
Ave group size: 16 persons.
Day 1 - Amman Sunday. Upon arrival at Queen Alia International Airport you'll be met and transferred to our hotel in Amman. At 6pm this evening meet your guide and the rest of the group at a Welcome Meeting.
Day 2 - Amman Today is free to independently explore Jordan's capital or join our optional excursion to see the spectacular 2000-year-old ruins in the Graeco-Roman city of Jerash and explore the 12th century Ajloun Castle which sits atop a hill in the Jabal Ajloun district in northwest Jordan.
Day 3 - Amman City tour & Karak Castle Amman - Karak - Petra. Our day starts with a guided tour of Amman, taking in the Citadel, which sits on the highest hill in Amman, and the National Archaeological Museum. From Amman we drive south to Petra, stopping en route to explore the crumbling remnants of the magnificent Crusader castle of Karak.
Day 4 - Petra The remarkable rose city of Petra is one of the New Seven Wonders of the World and undoubtedly the jewel in Jordan's crown. We spend the whole day exploring this incredible UNESCO-Listed archaeological site, which dates back to 6th century BC and was once the thriving capital of the Nabataean empire. Nestled in a secluded valley surrounded by rugged mountains and a lunar-like rock formations, Petra was left deserted and hidden from the world for hundreds of years before being rediscovered in the 1800s. We access the hidden archaeological treasures of the Rose-Red City on a walk through a narrow siq, where the 200m high rocks finally give way to reveal the spectacular facade of the Kazneh (aka the Treasury). From the Treasury the hidden valley widens to reveal the remains of this ancient city where we'll see tombs, temples, an impressive amphitheatre and a Roman colonnaded street.
After our guided tour there's free time to explore and those that are feeling energetic can climb the hundreds of rock-cut steps to Ad-Deir which is better known as the Monastery. The Monastery has a similar facade to the Treasury, but it's larger and more striking, with incredible views over the Petra Hills.
This evening there's the opportunity to walk through back the Siq after dark and revisit The Treasury, illuminated by thousands of candles, on the optional Petra By Night excursion (payable locally).
Day 5 - Wadi Rum Petra - Wadi Rum. This morning is free for you to spend at leisure or you can revisit Petra this morning on an optional hike, entering via the Al Madras secret road to see Treasury from above and visit the High Place of Sacrifice on a morning hike.
This afternoon we drive to the striking Wadi Rum desert with its rolling red dunes and amazing rock formations. Boarding 4x4 jeeps, we take an exhilarating ride across the sand dunes to our desert camp where we spend the night. This evening we enjoy a Jordanian dinner and spend the evening around the camp fire under an incredible blanket of stars before bedding down for the night in permanent tents.
Day 6 - Dead Sea Wadi Rum - Dead Sea - Mt Nebo - Madaba. This morning consider waking early to watch an incredible sunrise over the desert. After breakfast at the campsite we bid farewell to Wadi Rum and travel north to the lowest point on the earth's surface - the Dead Sea. More than 400 meters below sea level, the mineral-rich Dead Sea is a hypersaline lake which is famous for its buoyancy. We spend a leisurely few hours at the Dead Sea bobbing around like corks in the therapeutic waters and smothering ourselves in some of the famous black Dead Sea mud to give our skin an invigorating boost.
After our Dead Sea dalliance we travel on to Madaba, stopping en route at Mt Nebo, which is the site where Moses saw the Promised Land. From this wonderful vantage point, we can take in the amazing panorama which includes the Jordan River Valley, the Dead Sea, Jericho and the spires and domes of the Mt. of Olives and Bethlehem on the Judean hills just across the wide valley. We spend the final night of our tour in the ancient market town of Madaba which is renowned for its beautiful Byzantine-era mosaics, the most famous of which is the map of the Holy Land in St George's Church.
Day 7 - Madaba Saturday. Our Jordanian adventure comes to an end today with an included transfer back to Amman's Queen Ali Airport. If time permits we recommend that you visit the nearby St George's Church to see Madaba's most famous mosaic, which is the map of the Holy Land.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..