Five Days in Israel & the Palestinian Territories
From 25/09/2024 to 17/11/2024
Tuck into silky-smooth hummus, stuffed pita sandwiches and traditional dumpling soups with a Bite Card – your passport to Machane Yehuda Market’s tastiest local dishes.
Hike the desert oasis of Ein Gedi National Park and find hidden springs, waterfalls and amazing views of the Dead Sea – the lowest point on Earth, which you can opt to visit after a post-walk swim.
Visit ancient sites that have underpinned the religious beliefs of billions for millennia and see today’s political tensions writ large upon the West Bank Barrier in the form of street art in Bethlehem (can you spot a Banksy?).
Linger at iconic locations such as the sacred Western Wall and stations of the cross in Jerusalem, Jaffa Town and the Church of Nativity in Tel Aviv.
Find cool, hidden bars in Jerusalem in your free time and hit the bustling nightlife in Tel Aviv – now known as one of the best destinations in the world for clubs, bars and partying!.
By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Eden Reforestation Projects.
Donations help them provide local employment opportunities and tackle climate change one tree at a time as they restore forests across 10 different countries.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hostels (4 nights).
Age: min 18, max 29.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Jerusalem - Machane Yehuda Market & Bite Card.
Jerusalem - Walk on the Ramparts of the Old City.
Jerusalem - Western Wall (Wailing Wall).
Jerusalem - Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
Ein Gedi National Park - Hike.
Jaffa - Town Visit.
Jerusalem - Mount of Olives.
Bethlehem - Separation Barrier Graffiti Tour.
Bethlehem - Church of the Nativity & Shepherds' Field.
1 - Jerusalem Shalom! Welcome to Jerusalem. Your adventure begins with an afternoon welcome meeting at 4.30 pm today. If you arrive early, you could grab a coffee or a cold one from one of the many bars, cafes and restaurants near your hostel. After, head out on an orientation walk with the group. You'll stop at Machane Yehuda Market, where you can sample tasty local cuisine using a Bite Card - your ticket to tasting the likes of sabich (pita stuffed with fried aubergine and boiled egg) and authentic kubbeh soup (veggie broth topped with meat-filled dumplings). Your leader will leave you here to spend the evening as you wish - maybe check out the laneway bars with your new-found friends as the market comes to life or wander the nearby streets to check out the shop-shutter graffiti that's only visible at night.
2 - Jerusalem This morning you'll take in some of Jerusalem's cultural wonders on a walking tour of the Old City. Follow the stations of the cross along the Via Dolorosa, which represents the route Jesus took before his crucifixion. Witness locals and pilgrims rocking in prayer at the Western Wall - Judaism's holiest site - and get fabulous views of the golden Dome of the Rock, as well as the city's countless other spires and towers, from the rooftop terrace at the Austrian Hospice. The rest of the afternoon is free to explore. You could try a flight of boutique Israeli brews at the Beer Bazaar, hunt down the perfect hummus in the Old City (ask your leader for tips) or grab some snacks and find the perfect picnic spot at Sacher Park - saving time to wander the winding paths of the nearby Wohl Rose Garden.
3 - Jerusalem Rise and shine nice and early this morning and drive out to the biggest oasis in Israel - Ein Gedi National Park. Here, you'll embark on a hike with your group to one of the waterfalls that boast views of the Dead Sea below. You can take a quick dip at the waterfall and stay here or carry on to the second waterfall further along the trail. Relax in this desert spring and then head back down - from here, you have the option to visit the Dead Sea - the lowest point on Earth on the border of Jordan. Tonight, enjoy some free time for dinner.
4 - Tel Aviv This morning, check out of your hostel and head to the Mount of Olives for panoramic views of the Old City. From there, you'll drive to Bethlehem. Visit the Church of the Nativity, built on the spot where Jesus is said to have been born, and head to the Shepherd's Fields, where angels allegedly appeared to bring the good news. You'll have time to explore the street art that emblazons much of the contentious West Bank Barrier - including pieces by famed British artist Banksy - and learn the personal stories and political implications behind some of the more prominent pieces. After, continue to Tel Aviv via the ancient port city of Jaffa - these unique brick streets are the perfect backdrop for photos, as they make you feel like you've stepped back in time. This afternoon, enjoy some free time in this relaxed city. An optional sunset bike ride is a great way to get your bearings. Tonight, why not get the gang together and hit the town? Tel Aviv is known for its happening nightlife!
5 - Tel Aviv There aren't any activities planned for today, so you're free to leave the hostel at any time. That doesn't mean your Middle Eastern adventure has to come to an end! If you're looking at spending more time in Tel Aviv, just speak to your booking agent.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans