Five Days in Israel & the Palestinian Territories
From 02/10/2019 to 20/12/2020
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Oct Wed 02 2019 to Oct Sun 06 2019Sold OutFrom$1,012*
Oct Wed 16 2019 to Oct Sun 20 2019AvailableFrom$1,058*
Nov Wed 06 2019 to Nov Sun 10 2019AvailableFrom$990*
Nov Wed 20 2019 to Nov Sun 24 2019AvailableFrom$981*
Nov Wed 27 2019 to Dec Sun 01 2019AvailableFrom$927*
Mar Wed 25 2020 to Mar Sun 29 2020AvailableFrom$1,094*
Apr Wed 08 2020 to Apr Sun 12 2020AvailableFrom$1,138*
Apr Wed 22 2020 to Apr Sun 26 2020AvailableFrom$1,138*
May Wed 06 2020 to May Sun 10 2020AvailableFrom$1,179*
May Wed 13 2020 to May Sun 17 2020AvailableFrom$1,179*
May Wed 20 2020 to May Sun 24 2020AvailableFrom$1,179*
Jun Wed 03 2020 to Jun Sun 07 2020AvailableFrom$1,138*
Jun Wed 24 2020 to Jun Sun 28 2020AvailableFrom$1,094*
Jul Wed 15 2020 to Jul Sun 19 2020AvailableFrom$1,094*
Jul Wed 29 2020 to Aug Sun 02 2020AvailableFrom$1,094*
Aug Wed 19 2020 to Aug Sun 23 2020AvailableFrom$1,138*
Sep Wed 09 2020 to Sep Sun 13 2020AvailableFrom$1,179*
Sep Wed 16 2020 to Sep Sun 20 2020AvailableFrom$1,179*
Sample tasty local eats at the very cool Machane Yehuda Market where you can use your your bite card at any of the vendors.
Kick back in our central hostel in Jerusalem, complete with movie room and rooftop terrace.
Discover for yourself the town that everyone knows from the Christmas carol – Bethlehem – and find out about daily life in the epic city of Jerusalem as you chat with locals on the way to the Western Wall.
Graffiti has filled the walls in Bethlehem by many artists over the years, including British Artist Banksy.
Check it out on a walking tour with your leader.
Float in the Salty waters of the Dead Sea.
Take a birds eye view of the Old City of Jerusalem as you walk the Ramparts.
Its a great way to get a sneak peek into places you'd never see otherwise & also a chance to take in the stunning views of the areas outside the wall.
Hike the iconic Masada Snake Path for some epic views across the Dead Sea and Jordan.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hostels (4 nights).
Age: min 18, max 29.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Jerusalem - Machane Yehuda Market & Bite Card.
Jerusalem - Walk on the Ramparts of the Old City.
Jerusalem - Western Wall (Wailing Wall).
Jerusalem - Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
Dead Sea - Dead Sea visit.
Masada - Entrance & Cable Car one-way.
Masada - Snake Path Hike.
Jaffa - Town Visit.
Jerusalem - Mount of Olives.
Bethlehem - Grafitti Walking Tour.
Bethlehem - Church of the Nativity & Shepherds' Field.
Day 1 - Jerusalem Shalom! Welcome to Jerusalem, Israel. You’ve got the whole day free to explore this vibrant city (depending on when you get here of course) before you join up with your crew at a Welcome Meeting this afternoon (make sure you’ve got all your important docs and deets on you). Until then, hit the streets. Grab a coffee from one of the cafes, or a cold one from the many bars and restaurants near your hostel. Meet your leader at the hostel at 4.30 pm. After your meeting finishes head out on an orientation walk up to the very cool Machane Yehuda Market. Here you can sample tasty local eats using your bite card at any of the vendors. Your leader will leave you here so you can kick-on after dark. We recommend grabbing a beer in one of the many laneway bars and watch the market come to life in the evening, bar hop, or go for a wander to check out the amazing graffiti popping up on shop shutters.
Day 2 - Jerusalem This morning drive to Jaffa Gate where you will start a walking tour of the Old City from above and below! Start with the Ramparts Walk from Jaffa Gate all the way to Herod’s Gate. This will take about 45 minutes. Go down at Herod’s Gate and walk along the Via Dolorosa (Stations of the Cross), stopping at the Austrian Hospice for a short break and go up to the rooftop for a view of the Old City, before continuing to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Walk to the Wailing (Western) Wall stopping at the 'Cardo' in the recently restored Jewish Quarter. The rest of the afternoon is free.
Day 3 - Jerusalem Rise and shine nice and early to drive out to the spectacular cliff-top fortress of Masada, near the Dead Sea. Kick off the day with an early morning hike up the Masada Snake Path which winds its way up approximately 400 meters from the lowest point on earth (The Dead Sea) to the Peak. This UNESCO site is super important to the Jewish people, a symbol of their exile from the Holy Land and of bravery and self-sacrifice. The story goes that here a Jewish sect called the zealots held out against the Roman army in AD66. Rather than surrender, they either fought to the death or committed suicide, every last man, woman and child. It's kind of like Gallipoli for the state of Israel. Catch the Cable Car back down then drive to the Dead Sea for a float in the salty waters.The story goes that Cleopatra used products from the area as part of her beauty regime, which also allegedly included asses' milk and almond extract! Return to your hostel in Jerusalem.
Day 4 - Tel Aviv This morning check out of your hostel and head to the Mount of Olives for a panoramic view of the Old City. From there, drive to Bethlehem – no doubt you're familiar with it from all the Christmas carols and nativity plays. Drop by the Church of the Nativity (on top of the cave where Mary popped out Jesus) and the Shepherds’ Fields (where the angels appeared and told them to get their gold, frankincense and myrrh out). On a walking tour with your leader, check out this slow-paced town in the West Bank, one of the world’s longest continually inhabited cities, and just try and wrap you head the fact that people have lived here for 11,000 years. Here Graffiti has filled the walls by many artists over the years, including British Artist; Banksy. Learn the personal stories behind some of the more prominent pieces. The walk will also take you past one of the largest refugee camps in the West Bank and previous conflict hotspots. Continue on to Tel Aviv. Check out the ancient port city of Jaffa, the basis of modern Tel Aviv. Your guide will then check you in at your hostel before bidding you farewell. Perhaps check out what else the cosmopolitan city has to offer on an optional 3-hour orientation bike tour. If that's not your cup of tea then we recommend a stroll to the Sarona Market. One of Israel's largest indoor culinary offerings, Sarona Market features premium imported goods, alongside the best local fare. Tel Aviv is known for its nightlife, so maybe get amongst it tonight.
Day 5 - Tel Aviv Your adventure in Israel will come to an end today after breakfast.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..