One Week in the Galapagos Islands
From 23/09/2019 to 02/01/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Sep Mon 23 2019 to Sep Sun 29 2019Sold OutFrom$1,238*
Oct Mon 21 2019 to Oct Sun 27 2019AvailableFrom$1,200*
Nov Mon 04 2019 to Nov Sun 10 2019AvailableFrom$1,200*
Nov Mon 18 2019 to Nov Sun 24 2019AvailableFrom$1,378*
Dec Mon 16 2019 to Dec Sun 22 2019AvailableFrom$1,378*
Dec Mon 30 2019 to Jan Sun 05 2020AvailableFrom$1,361*
Feb Mon 10 2020 to Feb Sun 16 2020AvailableFrom$1,478*
Feb Mon 24 2020 to Mar Sun 01 2020AvailableFrom$1,478*
Mar Mon 09 2020 to Mar Sun 15 2020AvailableFrom$1,528*
Apr Mon 06 2020 to Apr Sun 12 2020AvailableFrom$1,528*
Apr Mon 20 2020 to Apr Sun 26 2020AvailableFrom$1,528*
May Mon 18 2020 to May Sun 24 2020AvailableFrom$1,583*
Jun Mon 15 2020 to Jun Sun 21 2020AvailableFrom$1,583*
Jul Mon 27 2020 to Aug Sun 02 2020AvailableFrom$1,583*
Aug Mon 24 2020 to Aug Sun 30 2020AvailableFrom$1,583*
Get a quick and dirty taste of Galapagos.
well, maybe not dirty, but this short trip is jam-packed with adventure.
Collect solid gold bragging rights after climbing Isla Isabela's volcano.
The views don't get much better than this.
Get up close and personal with the stars of the show: the Galapagos giant tortoises.
Snorkel through underwater realms of freaky looking fish and sharks that don't actually bite.
As this tour starts and finishes on the islands, there is the opportunity on the final day to forgo your flight back to Quito to stay on for Scuba Diving.
We can offer this activity on the final day of the tour but it will require an extra night on the islands.
See "Important Notes" below for details.
Breakfasts Included: 6.
Hostel (2 nts),Hotel (4 nts).
Plane,Speed boat,Private Vehicle,Public bus.
Age: min 18, max 29.
Group Size: 1 - 15.
Isla San Cristobal - Interpretation Center (45 minutes).
Isla San Cristobal -Snorkelling in Tijeretas hill.
Isla Santa Cruz - Highlands Visit (3 hours) - Dry Landing.
Isla Santa Cruz - Charles Darwin Research Centre (45 Minutes).
Isla Isabela- Sierra Negra Volcano Hike (5-6 Hours).
Isla Isabela - Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre (1 Hour).
Day 1 - Isla San Cristobal Welcome to San Cristobal! Today you'll be joining with other travellers arriving from Quito. This afternoon take an included visit to the Interpretation Centre and learn about the human and natural history of the Galapagos islands. Afterwards perhaps hike up to Frigatebird Hill or head to Mann beach and chill.
Day 2 - Isla San Cristobal Enjoy a free day on Isla San Cristobal. You may also like to take an optional boat ride to Kicker Rock or Isla Lobos. This is one of your leader's favourite optional activities. You'll be able to observe the famous Galapagos marine life along the way, and have the opportunity to go snorkelling with sea turtles, eagle rays and the harmless Galapagos shark, just to name a few.
Day 3 - Isla Santa Cruz Early in the morning, take a two-and-a-half hour public speed boat ride to Isla Santa Cruz. Once in Santa Cruz have breakfast and Settle into the hotel. Mid-morning visit the Charles Darwin Research Station. The station's visitor centre and museums contain information about the islands and the conservation efforts being made to preserve the unique ecosystem here. It's also a great place to have close encounters with giant tortoises. In the afternoon, head to the higher part of the islands to observe these giants roaming in their natural habitat.
Day 4 - Isla Isabela Travel to Isabela Island. Check-in to the hotel and enjoy breakfast. The island is the largest in the Galapagos and one of the most volcanically active places on earth. A worthwhile optional activity today is an excursion to Tintoreras Island, home to the rare Galapagos penguin. The excursion will then take you to "shark alley", where white-tipped sharks rest during the day. This is also a popular nesting site for the endemic marine iguanas.
Day 5 - Isla Isabela Start the day with a visit to the Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre for a close encounter with these placid giants. Here you can see tortoises in different stages of development as well learn about the preservation program of this unique species. Take a bus to the highest part of Isabela Island where Sierra Negra Volcano is located. Weather permitting, go for a hike up to the crater to enjoy spectacular views and the possibility of sighting the rare vermillion flycatcher. The challenging 17-kilometre hike takes between five and six hours both ways, but at the top you'll be able to enjoy spectacular views. Please ensure you wear comfortable walking shoes that offer good support for the rocky climb. During the rainy season it can get quite muddy. There is an option to hire gumboots locally, should you wish to do so. During the hike it can get quite hot, there isn't much shade along the way so be sure to come prepared with your hat and sunscreen etc. After the hike, make your way back to town in the late afternoon for some free time to curl up with a book or venture down to the water for a relaxing swim before dinner. Unfortunately, recycling isn't available on Isabela, so please take your plastic rubbish with you.
Day 6 - Isla Santa Cruz Travel back to Santa Cruz in the morning. We'll enjoy breakfast back in Santa Cruz. Consider taking part in some of the optional activities available, such as an excursion to Tortuga Bay, an immaculate natural paradise where you can go kayaking, observe marine iguanas and birds or swim with harmless sharks in an alcove. You may also like to rent some snorkelling gear while you're here.
Day 7 - Isla Santa Cruz This morning your Galapagos adventure comes to an end. Say goodbye to your fellow travellers who may be continuing on to Quito to finish their trip. Departing airport: The closest airport is Baltra. Passengers ending this trip in Quito will be taking their included flight at around 10am. Should you wish to join this transfer to Baltra airport it will be leaving the hotel at approximately 7am. If you be making your own way to the airport later in the day, the easiest way is to take a taxi followed by a ferry which will cost approximately USD26. This can be arranged locally. SCUBA DIVING IN GALAPAGOS: You also have the option today to go scuba diving. To do this activity you will need to already have a scuba diving certification. All dives finish by 12.30pm and, since you need to wait at least 18 hours between diving and boarding a flight, you will need to stay in Santa Cruz at least 1 additional day. Where you will dive depends on when your trip ends and how long you can stay in Santa Cruz. See below for diving locations and experience level required: Mondays: Dive off Floreana. Basic/Intermediate level Tuesdays: Dive off Santa Fe. Basic/Intermediate level Wednesdays: Dive off Seymour Canal & Mosquera Sur. Basic/Intermediate level Thursdays: Dive off Gordon Rocks. Advanced level Fridays: Dive off Beagle & Daphne. Intermediate level Saturdays: Dive off Seymour Punta & Mosquera North. Basic/Intermediate level Sundays: Dive off Gordon Rocks. Advanced level We can assist you book extra accommodation if required and we can make a tentative booking with the diving company for you. Final payment must be made by you to the diving company.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..