Japan Discovery Summer 2019
From 10/08/2019 to 04/11/2019
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Aug Sat 10 2019 to Aug Mon 19 2019AvailableFrom$5,125*
Aug Sat 24 2019 to Sep Mon 02 2019AvailableFrom$4,925*
Sep Sat 28 2019 to Oct Mon 07 2019AvailableFrom$5,125*
Oct Sat 05 2019 to Oct Mon 14 2019AvailableFrom$5,125*
Oct Sat 12 2019 to Oct Mon 21 2019AvailableFrom$5,125*
Oct Sat 26 2019 to Nov Mon 04 2019AvailableFrom$5,125*
9 Buffet breakfasts.
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences.
Luxury air-conditioned coach.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Variety of Optional Experiences.
City orientation tours.
An expert Travel Director and separate driver.
All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes.
Day 1 - Arrive Tokyo (3 Nights) Welcome to Japan. On arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda International Airport transfer to your hotel by airport shuttle service. This evening, meet your Travel Director and fellow guests for an enjoyable dinner.
Day 2 - Tokyo Sightseeing Following breakfast, your sightseeing starts with a visit to the Tokyo Metropolitan Observatory to enjoy great panoramic views of the city. Explore the Meiji Jingu Shinto Shrine which is surrounded by greenery and gives the shrine a rural feel in the middle of the bustling city. Later, travel to Asakusa and absorb the Edo period's rich traditional atmosphere of an ancient town. Walk through the Nakamise Shopping Street and then visit the Sensoji Temple, one of Tokyo's most colourful temples. This afternoon enjoy some time at leisure or choose to take part in an optional trip to explore Tokyo further.
Day 3 - Mt. Fuji and Hakone Sightseeing This morning drive up to the 5th station of Mt. Fuji and admire the magnificent views from this majestic mountain (weather permitting) at 2300 metres. After some free time for lunch take the Komagatake Ropeway for views of Mt. Fuji and Lake Ashi and later return to your hotel.
Day 4 - Tokyo - Kyoto (2 Nights) Depart Tokyo and travel to Kyoto by bullet train. This afternoon visit Kinkakuji; a Buddhist temple and a UNESCO World heritage site which is famous for its golden pavilion. Built between the 14th and 15th centuries, this temple was previously the residence of Shogun Ashikaga Yoshimitsu before being converted into a Zen temple when he died. Later, visit the Heian-jingu shrine and admire the torii gate and the architecture. Afterwards, visit a handicraft centre to explore Japanese crafts and later check-in to your hotel. This evening dine in a local restaurant.
Day 5 - Kyoto The day is yours to explore Kyoto at your own pace or perhaps choose to take an optional experience.
Day 6 - Kyoto - Kurashiki - Hiroshima (2 Nights) Travel to Kurashiki and on arrival meet a Local Specialist for a walking tour of the Bikan Historical Quarter. See the many classic black and white walled warehouses which have now been converted to museums and the moats which were used for transportation. Continue on to Hiroshima and this evening enjoy okonomiyaki in a local restaurant. This is a kind of pancake made with egg, cabbage, soba noodles and meat or seafood and cooked in front of you.
Day 7 - Hiroshima Sightseeing This morning set off for Miyajima Island by ferry which is regarded as one of the most scenic areas in Japan. Upon arrival visit the Itsukushima Shrine and view the floating torii gate rising from the sea. Enjoy some free time at leisure and immerse yourself in the sights of this tranquil island. Later return to Hiroshima and visit the Peace Memorial Park and Museum. See the UNESCO listed Peace Memorial, the only structure which survived the first Atomic bomb in 1945. This afternoon, consider joining an optional experience to explore further.
Day 8 - Hiroshima - Himeji Travel to Himeji and have some free time for lunch before visiting Himeji Castle with a Local Specialist. It is a UNESCO World Heritage site and an iconic and historic building which has survived for around 400 years. Later check in to your hotel.
Day 9 - Himeji - Osaka On the way to Osaka, stop and make a visit to a sake brewery with a Local Specialist. Learn about the history of sake and the process of brewing it. Continue to Osaka and spend the afternoon at leisure or consider taking an optional experience to explore further.
Day 10 - Depart Osaka Take a transfer by airport shuttle service to Kansai International Airport or Osaka Itami Airport for your onward flight. Sightseeing Highlights Hakone View Mt. Fuji and Lake Ashi from the Komagatake Ropeway Himeji Visit Himeji Castle and a sake brewery en route to Osaka Hiroshima Visit Itsukushima Shrine, Peace Memorial Park and Museum and Miyajima island Kurashiki Sightseeing with a Local Specialist includes a visit to the Kurashiki Bikan Historical Quarter Kyoto Visit Kinkakuji Temple and the Heianjigu Shrine Mt. Fuji Drive up to 5th Station for panoramic views Tokyo Visit the Tokyo Metropolitan Observatory, Meiji Jingu Shinto Shrine and Nakamise shopping street
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..