Kruger, Chobe & Falls
From 19/06/2021 to 25/09/2022
Take the ultimate southern African wildlife adventure.
Explore the South Africa’s biggest reserve, Kruger National Park, in 4x4s with an expert local guide.
Seek out the Big Five of Africa – lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhino – with game drives in and around the Kruger and Chobe national parks.
Be immersed in the traditional and atmospheric surrounds of a Boma, dining in the bush under the African night sky at you lodge in the Greater Kruger Conservancy.
A morning game drive in the Chobe National Park get you up close and personal with gnus, zebras and other wondrous wildlife.
Enjoy a river cruise above the thundering Victoria Falls – one of the world's most spectacular natural wonders.
Breakfasts Included: 8.
Lunches Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 5.
Hotel (2 nights),Comfortable Lodge (3 nights),Feature Stay Lodge (3 nights).
Private vehicle,4WD Safari vehicle,Boat,Aeroplane.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Chobe National Park - 4x4 Game Drive.
Chobe National Park - River Safari Cruise.
Kruger National Park - Open Safari Vehicle Game Drive.
Morning Guernsey Bush Walk.
Panorama Route - Bourke's Luck Potholes.
Panorama Route - God's Window.
Private Game Reserve - 4x4 Game Drive.
Victoria Falls - Entrance & Visit.
Victoria Falls – Zambezi River Premium Cruise.
Day 1 - Johannesburg Welcome to South Africa! Your trip begins in Johannesburg and you'll be met by a Peregrine representative at the airport and transferred to your hotel (approximately 45 minutes). Please ensure that you organise the details of your arrival transfer well in advance. You'll meet the rest of your group at 6 pm, but if you do happen to arrive early, the day is yours to spend at leisure.
Day 2 - Greater Kruger National Park Set off early for a drive to Greater Kruger National Park, arriving just in time for lunch. The afternoon and evening will be spent in a neighbouring game reserve searching for game by spotlight. Keep your eyes peeled from your 4WD vehicle for a glimpse of some of the elusive animals operating after dark, like the African civet. After the game drive, return to your intimate lodge facing a waterhole and the Drakensberg Mountains, as well as a swimming pool and sunset viewing deck.
Day 3 - Greater Kruger National Park An early start today sees the group heading into the Kruger National Park itself. Your lodge is within the Greater Kruger region, so the drive will take approximately 45 minutes and upon entry, you'll find yourself in the perfect position to catch a glimpse of one, or hopefully all, of the Big Five: lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino and elephant. Take breakfast at a picnic spot then proceed with a full day of wildlife safari, stopping off at waterholes and various other points to observe these animals in their natural habitat. The group will return to the lodge in the late afternoon and have a free evening to swim, relax and relive their favourite moments from the day.
Day 4 - Greater Kruger National Park Return to Kruger National Park for another game drive. This is an opportunity to catch a glimpse of any animals the group didn't see the day before. Today's game drive will finish in time for sunset on the deck at your lodge – sparkling wine in hand to complement a locally sourced platter, including biltong.
Day 5 - Johannesburg Rise early once more for a guided walk through the local bush, during which you'll learn about identifying trees, tracking animals and the local birds. The group will then begin the drive back to Johannesburg. There's a total driving time of 8 hours today, but there's also plenty of time to stop and explore along the way. Peer into the spectacular God's Window Viewpoint and take in the unique geological formations around Bourke's Luck Potholes before arriving in Johannesburg.
Day 6 - Chobe National Park Fly from Johannesburg to Victoria Falls then follow the Zambezi across the Botswana border. The trip to Chobe National Park should take approximately 2–3 hours (100 km) not including border formalities, arriving at the lodge in time for a late lunch. Afterwards, take a cruise along the Chobe River looking for saddle-billed storks, malachite kingfishers, fish eagles and bee-eaters, as well as hippos, crocodiles and elephants. You'll be joined on this cruise by other travellers and there's a small bar onboard, so you can enjoy a drink as the sun sets over the river.
Day 7 - Chobe National Park Take a game drive through Chobe National Park, the first designated national park in Botswana. Chobe is known for its huge population of elephants and buffalo and you may well see them drinking at the local watering hole during the drive. Head back to the lodge then enjoy a free afternoon during which you may like to take another optional river cruise, walk through Kasane town dodging local warthogs, or take it easy at the pool near the river's edge for a seriously special sunset.
Day 8 - Victoria Falls Head out on an optional game drive in Chobe National Park or alternatively take a leisurely breakfast at the lodge. In the afternoon, visit the unforgettable Victoria Falls – one of the world's true natural wonders, forming the largest sheet of falling water in the world when in full flow. Your expert guide will take you on a tour through the area and explain the history of the falls and their surroundings. Then head above the falls onto the Zambezi River for a 2-hour river cruise. The specially designed jet-propelled boats allow you to reach the shallow water among the islands directly above the Victoria Falls. Enjoy included drinks and snacks while meandering between the islands and getting a glimpse of the 'Smoke that Thunders' after it has rumbled over the edge of the falls. Also look out for crocodiles bathing in sunshine on the banks or elephants submerging themselves in the river.
Day 9 - Victoria Falls Your adventure comes to an end after breakfast this morning. There are no activities planned for the day and no accommodation is included for tonight. If you would like to spend more time in Victoria Falls, we’ll be happy to organise additional accommodation (subject to availability).
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.