A Journey through Germany
From 07/05/2019 to 24/09/2019
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Enjoy a beer tasting at Weltenburg Abbey, the world’s oldest monastery brewery.
Travel through 37 tunnels along the Black Forest Railway to Sankt Georgen.
Learn the history behind Black Forest gâteau and indulge in a tasting.
DAY 1 - Munich - Regensburg - Weltenburg - Bamberg After meeting with the group in Munich, our first stop of the tour will be Regensburg. There'll be enough time to stop for a light lunch before we move on to Weltenburg Abbey, where we'll be treated to a tour and beer tasting session. This evening we'll dine together at a restaurant in Bamberg.
DAY 2 - Bamberg - Wurzburg - Rothenburg This morning we'll take to the streets of Bamberg on a walking tour, starting with a stroll around the Old Town. Then, it's onwards to the splendid W?rzburg Residence. After taking some time to lunch in W?rzburg, we'll continue our journey along the Romantic Road, passing through pretty Weikersheim and Creglingen on our way to Rothenburg.
DAY 3 - Rothenburg - Dinkelsbuhl - Nordlingen - Rothenburg Today we'll venture out of Rothenburg and into Dinkelsb?hl, a brightly coloured town, where we'll have the chance to explore at our own pace. N?rdlingen's next! Here, we'll have some free time to discover the town's medieval walls, towers and parapet paths before we return to Rothenburg.
DAY 4 - Rothenburg - Ladenburg - Landau - Baden-Baden We'll leave Rothenburg behind us today and continue our journey to Ladenburg. The wine-lovers among us will be in for a treat as move on to the countryside near Landau, where a vineyard tour awaits! When we've taken a look around, we'll have the chance to taste some of the wine for ourselves. This afternoon, we'll 'press' on to the spa town of Baden-Baden.
DAY 5 - Baden-Baden - Hausach - Sankt Georgen - Triberg - Freiburg This morning we'll say farewell to Baden-Baden and continue on to Hausach. Here, we'll board a train and travel the Black Forest Railway to Sankt Georgen, admiring some stunning scenery and passing through a grand total of 37 tunnels along the way. After a stop to stretch our legs in Triberg this afternoon, we'll move on to Freiburg.
DAY 6 - Freiburg - Todtnau - Todtmoos - Sankt Blasien - Freiburg Today we'll venture to Todtnau, a town nestled in the heart of the Black Forest, and the village of Todtmoos, where we'll have time for lunch. This afternoon we're off to visit a local caf? to learn the history behind the famous Black Forest g?teau. When we've learnt how to make the confection like a true Black Forest local, we'll have the chance to indulge in a sample or two. Afterwards, it's back to Freiburg.
DAY 7 - Freiburg - Lindau - Pfronten First: a stop at the picturesque village of Bodman-Ludwigshafen. Later, we'll take in some marvellous views of Lake Bodensee on our way to Lindau. This evening we'll make tracks to Pfronten, where we'll settle down for a farewell dinner together at our hotel.
DAY 8 - Pfronten - Neuschwanstein - Oberammergau - Munich The imposing Neuschwanstein Castle, known as the 'castle of the fairytale king' is our first port of call today. After looking around, we'll move on to Oberammergau, where you'll be free to explore at your leisure. Our tour will come to a close as we return to Munich this afternoon.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..