Orkney & the Highlands
From 29/04/2019 to 20/09/2019
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Enjoy a two night stay in Orkney, home to some of the most ancient sites in Europe.
Explore Orkney at a leisurely pace, taking in countless archaeological treasures.
Travel beautiful coastal and countryside roads through the Highlands.
DAY 1 - Inverness - Strathpeffer - Orkney Our journey through the misty crags and heather clad moors of Scotland will begin in Inverness today. After meeting with the group, we'll take in staggering vistas of soaring peaks and wide valleys as our road takes us north. Our first stop of the day will be Strathpeffer - a stylish Victorian spa town, where we'll have some free time to explore. Afterwards, we'll leave land behind and sail to Orkney on a short ferry journey, complete with plenty of scenic views. Kirkwall, first settled by the Vikings, will be our home for the next two nights.
DAY 2 - Orkney Majestic landscapes, scenic roads and an imagination-firing history - Orkney delivers on every level. Today we'll walk in the footsteps of ancient islanders at the mysterious Maeshowe tomb, the Neolithic village of Skara Brae and the mystical Ring of Brodgar, taking in the history and significance of each site as we go. Our next stop will be the Iron Age Broch of Gurness - and, if the tides are on our side, an atmospheric walk to Brough of Birsay island.
DAY 3 - Orkney - Wick From the St Magnus Cathedral to the Bishop's Palace, there are plenty of Norse sites on our doorstep in Kirkwall. The afternoon will take us to Scapa Flow, where we'll see the famous Italian Chapel and stop for a photo opportunity at the WWII shipwrecks. To round off the day, we'll board the ferry to the mainland, where we'll reminisce on our tour and enjoy a farewell dinner in Wick.
DAY 4 - Wick - Dunrobin Castle - Inverness After one final breakfast together we'll continue our journey back to Inverness. It's been a tour that's delved deep into Scotland's heritage, so it's only fitting that we finish with a stop at the historic Dunrobin Castle. We'll take some time to explore the impressive white towers and formal gardens of this stately home before boarding the mini-coach and travelling the meandering coastal road over the Dornoch and Cromarty Firths. Don't forget to focus your camera lens on the soul-stirring Scottish scenery as we go! When we reach Inverness, we'll say our goodbyes as the tour comes to a close.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..