Christmas Markets of Germany (Winter 2019 2020)
From 24/11/2019 to 17/12/2019
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Nov Sun 24 2019 to Dec Sun 01 2019AvailableFrom$2,550*
Nov Tue 26 2019 to Dec Tue 03 2019Sold OutFrom$2,550*
Dec Sun 01 2019 to Dec Sun 08 2019AvailableFrom$2,550*
Dec Tue 03 2019 to Dec Tue 10 2019AvailableFrom$2,550*
Dec Sun 08 2019 to Dec Sun 15 2019AvailableFrom$2,550*
Dec Tue 10 2019 to Dec Tue 17 2019AvailableFrom$2,550*
Included Insight Services.
Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times.
If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Day 1 - Arrive in Berlin. Welcome to Germany. Airport transfers depart Berlin airport for your hotel at 10:30 and 12:00. Join your Travel Director at 17:45 for a Welcome Dinner and the opportunity to mingle and get to know each other, over a delightful evening of good food and wine.(Dinner with Wine)
Day 2 - The Spirit of Berlin. Join your Local Expert to see the highlights of Berlin. Your exploration includes the Brandenburg Gate, State Opera House, remnants of the Berlin Wall, Unter den Linden and the restored Reichstag Building. Later on, feel free to soak up the Weihnachtszauber, or Christmas magic, at the Gendarmenmarkt, Berlin's most magnificent square, framed by the Concert Hall and near identical French and German cathedrals.(Breakfast)
Day 3 - Leipzig, then on to Dresden. Journey south to Leipzig to visit Bach's Thomaskirche and the medieval market square behind it. Renowned for its musical and culinary delights, the Leipzig Christmas Market is one of the most beautiful in Germany, with around 250 stalls located on the city's historic market square. Enjoy its great traditions, which date back to the 15th century, before continuing to Dresden.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 4 - Dresden Sightseeing. Your guided tour with a Local Expert will continue past the colossal 'Procession of the Dukes' mosaic, the cathedral, Semper Opera House and Zwinger Palace. Gaze in awe at the Frauenkirche, risen once again from wartime ashes. At Germany's oldest Christmas Market, meet a local market stallholder who will introduce you to a taste of delicious Gl?hwein and Christstollen, a Christmas cake recipe dating back to medieval times. Take some time to admire the record-breaking Christmas pyramid.(Breakfast)
Day 5 - Ancient Nuremberg. Journey on to Nuremberg, where the Christkindlmarkt stalls are donned in traditional red and white cloth. Surrounded by ancient ramparts and watchtowers, look out for the Nuremberg Plum People while you explore or shop for local treats such as Rostbratw??rste, Lebkuchen or Gl?hwein.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 6 - Rothenburg ob der Tauber. Venture through the heart of Germany to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, one of the best-preserved medieval towns in all of Europe. Why not stroll through the cobbled streets to the year-round Christmas Shop? Here it is Christmas 365 days of the year! Later, follow parts of the meandering Romantic Road to the Bavarian capital.(Breakfast)
Day 7 - Munich Sightseeing. Enjoy an orientation tour which concludes in the Marienplatz beside the soaring Town Hall, famous for its Glockenspiel. Beneath the gigantic Christmas tree, Munich's traditional Christmas Market is an entrancing festival of light and music. In the evening, join your friends for a festive Celebration Dinner with wine and good cheer at a local restaurant.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 8 - Depart Munich. Auf Wiedersehen! After breakfast, your departure transfer arrives at Munich airport at 09:30.(Breakfast) Authentic Dining Dresden: At the Christmas Market, meet a stallholder and taste the local Christstollen with a glass of Gl?hwein. Munich: Gather with your friends for a festive Celebration Dinner with wine in the fun-loving Bavarian capital. Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B) and 4 Dinners (DW) all with tea or coffee. Insight Experiences Dresden: Your guided tour with a Local Expert shows you the Frauenkirche, the colossal 'Procession of the Dukes' mosaic, the cathedral, Semper Opera House and Zwinger Palace. You'll also learn about the traditional German Christmas Pyramids. Stay in Style Nuremberg: The Maritim Hotel N?rnberg awaits you in the immediate vicinity of the historic old city with its numerous monuments and buildings, including the Kaiserburg and a host of fascinating museums. Top Rated Highlights Christmas Markets: Experience the wonderment of the Christmas Markets of each city, some of the oldest in Europe. Shop for local delicacies and drink the heartwarming Gl?hwein. Keep an eye out for the Nuremberg Plum People and marvel at the Lepizig Christmas Pyramid. Berlin: With a Local Expert, explore the highlights of the city. Drive down the Unter den Linden, see Brandenburg Gate, the State Opera House, remnants of the Berlin Wall, Potsdamer Platz and the Reichstag Building. Leipzig: Visit Thomaskirche where Bach worked as a Kapellmeister, a conductor, and his remains are now buried. Nuremberg: See the distinguishing medieval architecture of the city walls and stone towers of the Alt Stadt, or Old Town. Rothenburg ob der Tauber: Fortified by ancient walls, picturesque and unspoiled, Rothenburg ob der Tauber is a fairytale come true at any time of year. It dazzles in December, with its 500-year-old Reiterlesmarkt lending a festive air to the cobbled streets and medieval buildings. Munich: During your orientation of the city with your Travel Director, see the Victory Arch, Town Hall and Glockenspiel in Marienplatz.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..