Jordan Experience Summer 2019
From 26/09/2019 to 29/10/2019
5 buffet breakfasts.
5 Three-course dinners.
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Hand-picked Trip Highlights.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and a professional Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers will be provided for guests who have provided Trafalgar with their flight details and are staying in an Amman hotel booked by Trafalgar.
VIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Arrive Amman (2 Nights) Tread in the footsteps of Lawrence of Arabia, crusading knights and Bedouin tribes, who once crossed the length and breadth of Jordan leaving their mark on its mystical desert landscapes. Our springboard to the spellbinding ancient trading history of Jordan is the white stone city of Amman, which you will have an opportunity to explore at your leisure after being transferred to your hotel from the airport. Meet your fellow travellers this evening for a cocktail reception followed by dinner.
Day 2 - Amman - Jerash - Amman This morning, we embark on a city tour of Amman to see its Citadel, Archaeological Museum, Roman Amphitheatre and Folklore Museum. Our next stop is to Iraq Al Amir where we'll 'Make a Difference' at the Iraq Al Amir Women Association and learn first-hand how they make soap from olive oil and craft greeting cards and note books from recycled paper. Try your hand at making your own before enjoying a lunch prepared by the women. We continue to the ancient city of Jerash, a favourite city of the Roman emperor Hadrian and an important stop on the incense and spice trade route to the Mediterranean. Amble past its soaring Corinthian columns and view its almost intact city walls, before returning to the seven hills of Amman.
Day 3 - Amman - Petra The enchanting rose-red fa?ades of Petra, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, beckon, but not before we visit Mount Nebo, the place where Moses is buried. You'll see the Madaba Mosaic Map that covers the floor of the Greek Orthodox Church of St. George and ascend to the Crusader Shobak Castle. We arrive in Petra later where we'll spend the next two nights at one of Trafalgar's 'Stays With Stories' - the Hyatt Zaman, built on and around an ancient village.
Day 4 - Petra Sightseeing Admire the archaeological wonder carved into the sheer rock face over 2,000 years ago by the Nabataean people. Imagine silk and spice caravans plying their wares as we enter this mystical trading city through the narrow Siq - flanked by towering cliffs soaring 80 metres high. As we emerge from the path, the stone fa?ade of the Treasury with its ornate decoration looms ahead - the first of many wonders to be explored. Later, we Connect with Locals in their Bedouin camp near Little Petra. Relax amidst the surrounding dunes and hills, as you enjoy a traditional Bedouin dinner with live "Rababah" music.
Day 5 - Petra - Wadi Rum - Amman This morning, we journey through desert landscapes to Wadi Rum, a timeless place whose towering sand dunes were once described by T.E. Lawrence as "vast, echoing and god-like". Embark on a jeep tour through the desert watching the landscape rise almost 2,000 metres from the desert floor, amidst which you'll find canyons, waterholes and rock paintings that span millennia. Return to Amman for your final night in Jordan, enjoying a Farewell Dinner with your travel companions. As the sun sets on this magical city, listen to the mystical call of the muezzin and reminisce over an enchanting trip into antiquity.
Day 6 - Depart Amman This morning, we bid farewell to this extraordinary land. Transfers to Amman airport are available, conditions apply. Sightseeing Highlights CITY TOUR in Amman VISIT the Greco-Roman city at Jerash, the unique ancient city at Petra and the Crusader Fortress at Shobak and Wadi Rum VIEW the Roman amphitheatre and Citadel in Amman, Moses' Promised Land on Mount Nebo and the mosaic map of the Holy Land at Madaba
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..