Queensland Islands and Rainforest
From 08/03/2020 to 13/03/2020
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
5 hot buffet breakfasts.
First class travel Highlights.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most regions or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Hand-picked Insider Experiences.
Optional Experiences and free time.
Porterage, local tips and charges.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-Stays.
All hotel charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Arrive Hamilton Island (2 Nights) Australia's enchanting Whitsundays and the holiday hotspot of Hamilton Island is your launch pad to an east coast Australian adventure (flights to arrive prior to 2pm). The island boasts pristine beaches and a kaleidoscope of coral and marine life. Embrace your inner sloth, kick back and relax with a book on a lounger at one of the crystal-clear pools, take a leisurely stroll along the water's edge or indulge in a beautiful tropical sunset from your private balcony. Tonight, meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers at a Welcome Reception and dinner.
Day 2 - Hamilton Island Free Time Today is yours to indulge in your own pleasures - consider a cruise to famous Whitehaven Beach, visit the island's wildlife park, home to many species of Australian animals, hire a buggy and ramble along the island's winding roads or sit back with a good book at one of the resort's stunning pools. In Hamilton Island, you can be as energetic and relaxed as you wish, but if it's the former, lace up your walking shoes and embark on a challenging hike up to Passage Peak for unforgettable views of the Whitsundays from the highest point on Hamilton Island.
Day 3 - Hamilton Island - Mission Beach Say goodbye to idyllic island-life and board your ferry back to the mainland. Continue north heading to Mission Beach, where the UNESCO-listed Daintree Rainforest meets the Great Barrier Reef. With its quirky village-style atmosphere, golden palm-fringed beach that stretches for miles and a vibrant arts and culture scene, Mission Beach is the perfect seaside sojourn for a night spent with new friends. Connect with your exquisite natural surrounds and settle into your resort overlooking the Coral Sea.
Day 4 - Mission Beach - Cairns (2 Nights) Today's journey takes you to the Atherton Tablelands, where ancient rainforests, spectacular waterfalls and peaceful lakes abound. This is one of Australia's most important birdlife areas, with over 320 unique species recorded. Visit Millaa Millaa Falls, which plunge 18 metres into the depths of a refreshing rock pool, and the heritage-listed 500-year-old Curtain Fig Tree, where you may be lucky enough to spot the brilliant blue flash of the Ulysses butterfly. Spend some free time in Kuranda, the 'village in the rainforest', and browse the village shops for hand-crafted silk and cotton clothing, jewellery, locally made Aboriginal artwork and gifts, before the journey to Freshwater Station via the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway. You'll glide just metres above the canopy providing views of the tropical rainforest, Coral Sea, the Cairns Highlands and the city of Cairns itself.
Day 5 - Great Barrier Reef A day filled with pinch-me moments awaits, as you board a high-speed catamaran and cruise out to the Great Barrier Reef. The world's largest coral reef system, the Great Barrier Reef sustains over 2,900 individual reefs and 900 islands stretching some 2,300km. Discover this UNESCO-listed underwater wonderland from the comfort of your semi-submersible observatory, keeping a keen eye out for turtles, sharks and giant starfish, amongst the myriad of species that find sanctuary in these tropical waters. Or get your feet wet and don your flippers and mask for an up-close encounter with the reef and its residents (snorkelling equipment provided). Enjoy a tropical buffet lunch up on deck before returning to Cairns. This evening, join your Travel Director for a Farewell Dinner at a restaurant on Cairns Harbour.
Day 6 - Depart Cairns Your scenic exploration of Australia's sun-kissed east coast at its end, say farewell to newfound friends and the epic beauty of one of the most pristine corners of Australia. Take your transfer to Cairns Airport for your onward flight (flights anytime). Sightseeing Highlights CRUISE on the Great Barrier Reef VIEW colourful coral and tropical fish on the Great Barrier Reef, the rainforest of the Barron Gorge National Park and the Coral Sea on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway. VISIT Millaa Millaa Falls and the Curtain Fig Tree and Kuranda in the Atherton Tablelands
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..