Tomahawk, 7 Days
Valid for select departures 4 May - 21 September 2019
7 day trip departing Vancouver.
Travel two of the world's most scenic drives: the Icefields Parkway and the Sea to Sky Highway.
Explore Western Canada's wilderness stopping at stunning viewpoints along the way, and for hiking and swimming.
Tour through Banff and Jasper National Parks.
Visit Rocky Mountain landmarks such as Lake Louise, Athabasca Glacier, and Moraine Lake (seasonal).
See majestic waterfalls including 335m Shannon Falls and Athabasca Falls.
Check out the Olympic sites in Whistler village.
Enjoy the cafes, shopping and nightlife in the exciting party towns of Whistler & Banff.
Day 1 Vancouver to Whistler. Our trip begins at the Cypress Mountain lookout, where we'll get a unique view of Vancouver from above. Heading north on the Sea to Sky Highway, enjoy the views of jagged mountain peaks, sparkling glaciers, and peaceful lakes. We'll make stops en route at not one, but two waterfalls: Shannon Falls (one of the highest in BC) and Brandywine Falls. Then, arriving in Whistler in the afternoon, there's time for relaxing, activities, or exploring the village. Enjoy dinner and then rip it up in the bars and nightclubs Day 2 Whistler to Vancouver. We don't leave until the afternoon today, so you'll have plenty of time to get your thrill on by ziplining, bungee jumping, downhill mountain biking, or hiking on either Whistler or Blackcomb Mountains. If you're looking to relax, find a spot in one of the beautiful parks. The day is yours to enjoy as you please After departing Whistler, we'll make a few more picturesque stops en route before finishing the day back in Vancouver. Day 3 Vancouver to Kelowna. Leaving the city behind, we'll head east through the Fraser Valley. At our first stop, we'll take a short walk in a west coast rainforest to check out Bridal Veil Falls before stopping for lunch in the quaint town of Hope. After crossing through the Coastal Mountains, we arrive in the semi-arid grasslands of the Okanagan where we'll go for a paddleboard on Skaha Lake in Penticton. Then it's onto Kelowna on Lake Okanagan, our destination for the night. Day 4 Kelowna to Banff. We'll be in two provinces, completely cross three mountain ranges, and travel through four National Parks today as we continue east to Banff. Leaving the Okanagan, we'll stop en route in Revelstoke, where you'll have the option to go lake kayaking in beautiful, hand crafted wooden boats. Continuing onwards, we'll finally enter the Rocky Mountains and cross over the Kicking Horse Pass into Alberta and Banff National Park. Tonight, we'll settle in the historic town of Banff, in the heart of the mountains. Day 5 Banff to Lake Louise to Rampart Creek. Our day begins with visits to the stunning Moraine Lake (seasonal), and one of the world's most famous lakes, Lake Louise Then it's onto the Icefields Parkway, to take in the jagged mountain peaks, glaciers, raging rivers, and more turquoise lakes, all the while keeping your eyes peeled for wildlife. We'll make stops to see the Crowfoot Glacier, Bow Lake, our favourite Peyto Lake, and the impressive Mistaya Canyon, before arriving at our rustic, wilderness hostel alongside Rampart Creek. Why not take a dip in the creek, then relax in the wood-burning sauna, before enjoying a campfire under the stars tonight? Day 6 Rampart Creek to Jasper. Our journey continues north along the Icefields Parkway, named one of the most scenic drives in the world by National Geographic. Tick another National Park off your list today because we're entering Jasper NP Our first stop in the park is at the Columbia Icefield, the largest icefield in the Rocky Mountains at 325 square kilometres. You'll have the chance to get up close to the Athabasca Glacier, or just enjoy the views from the Discovery Centre. Then it's on to Maligne Canyon, the deepest canyon in Jasper, for a scenic hike that crosses several bridges with amazing views into the canyon. Afterwards, we'll roll into the Jasper townsite where you'll have the rest of the afternoon and evening free to explore on your own. Day 7 Jasper to Banff. It's another day of jaw dropping vistas and scenic hikes as we make our way back south. Our first stop is at Athabasca Falls, one of the most powerful and picturesque waterfalls in the Rockies. We'll also stop for a photo opportunity at Tangle Falls, and for an energizing hike at Johnston Canyon, before arriving back in Banff where our tour ends.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..