New Zealand Experience
From 01-Oct-2020 to 30-Sep-2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jan Sat 30 2021 to Feb Tue 16 2021Sold Out
Feb Sat 06 2021 to Feb Tue 23 2021Sold Out
Feb Sat 13 2021 to Mar Tue 02 2021Sold Out
Feb Sat 27 2021 to Mar Tue 16 2021Sold Out
Mar Sat 13 2021 to Mar Tue 30 2021AvailableFrom$8,595*
Apr Sat 03 2021 to Apr Tue 20 2021AvailableFrom$8,195*
May Sat 15 2021 to Jun Tue 01 2021AvailableFrom$8,195*
Sep Sat 11 2021 to Sep Tue 28 2021Limited Availability
Enjoy the views on one of the world's greatest rail journeys as you travel across New Zealand's Southern Alps.
Enjoy a cruise that explores the picturesque and pristine Milford Sound fiord.
Enjoy time to relax at Aoraki Mount Cook National Park and take in its spectacular views.
Experiences in 15 destinations.
APT's Freedom of Choice Inclusions in 7 locations.
Finest dining – a total of 29 meals.
17 breakfasts and 12 dinners.
17 nights in hand-picked accommodation.
A maximum of 40 guests on tour.
Services of an APT Tour Director and Driver.
Return airport transfers and porterage.
Day 1 - Arrive Christchurch On arrival, be met at the airport and transfer to your hotel where you have the afternoon to relax.
Day 2 - Christchurch, Aoraki Mt Cook Today you'll traverse the Canterbury plains to visit the Church of the Good Shepherd on the shores of Lake Tekapo, before journeying into Aoraki Mt Cook National Park to view Australasia’s highest mountain, Aoraki (Mt Cook).
Day 3 - Mt Cook, Dunedin Set out along the shores of Lake Pukaki to Oamaru. Continue to Koekohe Beach to view the unusual spherical-shaped Moeraki Boulders. Arrive in Dunedin this afternoon and enjoy time at leisure before dinner.
Day 4 - Dunedin, Te Anau Wake up this morning in Dunedin, where you may begin your day with your choice of sightseeing activity. Afterwards, absorb the breathtaking scenery as you travel to the lakeside settlement of Te Anau.
Day 5 - Te Anau Decide how to spend your day in Te Anau thanks to our Freedom of Choice activities on offer to you today. Perhaps you may like to explore an underground network of limestone caves, lit by thousands of glow worms. Alternatively, you may prefer to set off on a wilderness cruise on Doubtful Sound. Or, take an exciting jet boat ride along the Upper Waiau River.
Day 6 - Te Anau, Milford Sound, Queenstown Along Milford Road, wind down the Eglinton and Hollyford valleys, then travel through the Homer Tunnel to be met by the sight of Mitre Peak. After, travel to Queenstown.
Day 7 - Queenstown Today you can discover Queenstown your own way with the included Freedom of Choice sightseeing activities available. Later, choose where to dine.
Day 8 - Queenstown Immerse yourself in beautiful Queenstown with a full day at leisure. You may like to take a relaxing stroll along the tranquil shores of Lake Wakatipu, or take part in the thrill of a lifetime in this adventurous city.
Day 9 - Queenstown, Franz Josef Glacier Skirt the shores of lakes Wanaka and Hawea.
Day 10 - Franz Josef Glacier, TranzAlpine Train, Christchurch Travel through deep gorges, river valleys and across the Southern Alps all the way to Christchurch.
Day 11 - Christchurch, Kaikoura, Blenheim Follow the east coast to Kaikoura. Later, take in a special and unique Signature Experience.
Day 12 - Blenheim Tailor your day with a choice of an included sightseeing option.
Day 13 - Blenheim, Picton, Wellington Traverse the stunning waters of Marlborough and Queen Charlotte sounds while taking in breathtaking surrounds. This afternoon, take part in a fascinating city sights tour of Wellington.
Day 14 - Wellington, Napier Drive through the Rimutaka Ranges en route to Napier.
Day 15 - Napier, Taupo, Rotorua Journey through Esk Valley and Te Pohue, stopping at the charming town of Taupo. Travel to Rotorua, then tonight enjoy a special Signature Experience.
Day 16 - Rotorua Select from a range of activities today. The evening is yours at leisure to further explore.
Day 17 - Rotorua, Auckland Travel through Waikato farmland to Cambridge and Auckland. Choose from a range of included sightseeing activities today.
Day 18 - Depart Auckland After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your onward flight.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 January 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.