Essence of New Zealand
From 01-Oct-2020 to 30-Sep-2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jan Sat 30 2021 to Feb Thu 18 2021Sold Out
Feb Sat 06 2021 to Feb Thu 25 2021Sold Out
Feb Sat 13 2021 to Mar Thu 04 2021Sold Out
Feb Sat 27 2021 to Mar Thu 18 2021Sold Out
Mar Sat 13 2021 to Apr Thu 01 2021AvailableFrom$9,395*
Apr Sat 03 2021 to Apr Thu 22 2021AvailableFrom$8,995*
May Sat 15 2021 to Jun Thu 03 2021AvailableFrom$8,995*
Sep Sat 11 2021 to Sep Thu 30 2021Limited Availability
Enjoy the views on one of the world's greatest rail journeys as you travel across New Zealand's Southern Alps.
Step back in time to the 1930s as you enjoy an Art Deco guided walk in the seaside city of Napier.
Cruise enchanting Milford Sound, which is set deep in Fiordland National Park.
Experiences in 16 destinations.
APT's Freedom of Choice Inclusions in 7 locations.
Finest dining - a total of 32 meals.
19 nights hand-picked accommodation.
APT Tour Director, plus expert local guides.
Return airport transfers and porterage.
Day 1 - Arrive Christchurch On arrival, be met at the airport and transfer to your hotel where you have the afternoon to relax.
Day 2 - Christchurch, Aoraki Mt Cook Today you'll traverse the Canterbury plains to visit the Church of the Good Shepherd on the shores of Lake Tekapo, before journeying into Aoraki Mt Cook National Park to view Australasia’s highest mountain, Aoraki (Mt Cook).
Day 3 - Aoraki Mt Cook, Dunedin Set out along the shores of Lake Pukaki to Oamaru. Continue to Koekohe Beach to view the unusual spherical-shaped Moeraki Boulders. Arrive in Dunedin late afternoon and enjoy time at leisure before dinner.
Day 4 - Dunedin, Te Anau Begin your day with your choice of sightseeing activity. Afterwards, absorb the breathtaking scenery as you travel to the lakeside settlement of Te Anau.
Day 5 - Te Anau Waking in Te Anau this morning, decide how to spend your day thanks to our range of Freedom of Choice activities on offer.
Day 6 - Te Anau, Milford Sound, Queenstown This morning, wind down the Milford Road, through the Eglinton and Hollyford valleys. Continue to Milford Sound where you will cruise along the full length of this fiord deep within Fiordland National Park. After, Queenstown awaits.
Day 7 - Queenstown Today you can discover Queenstown your own way with the included Freedom of Choice sightseeing activities available.
Day 8 - Queenstown Immerse yourself in beautiful Queenstown with a full day at leisure. You may like to take a relaxing stroll along the tranquil shores of Lake Wakatipu, or take part in the thrill of a lifetime in this adventurous city.
Day 9 - Queenstown, Franz Josef Skirt the shores of lakes Wanaka and Hawea.
Day 10 - Franz Josef, TranzAlpine Train, Christchurch Follow the Waimakariri River and travel across the Southern Alps all the way to Christchurch.
Day 11 - Christchurch, Kaikoura, Blenheim This morning, follow the east coast to Kaikoura, before traversing the Marlborough region to Blenheim. Tonight, local chefs will present each dish before you, showcasing superb local artisan produce, perfectly paired with wines from the region.
Day 12 - Blenheim Enjoy your selected sightseeing activity.
Day 13 - Blenheim, Picton, Wellington This afternoon, take part in a fascinating city sights tour of Wellington.
Day 14 - Wellington, Napier Today you'll drive through the Rimutaka Ranges en route to Napier.
Day 15 - Napier, Taupo, Rotorua Today, journey through Esk Valley and Te Pohue, stopping at the charming town of Taupo.
Day 16 - Rotorua This morning, it's time to explore Rotorua on your selected sightseeing activity. The evening is yours at leisure to further explore.
Day 17 - Rotorua, Auckland This morning, travel through Waikato's farmland to Auckland. Afterwards, enjoy your selected sightseeing activity.
Day 18 - Auckland, Bay of Islands Continue north to the Bay of Islands.
Day 19 - Bay of Islands Prepare to discover the Bay of Islands region.
Day 20 - Bay of Islands, Depart Auckland After breakfast, travel to Auckland where your New Zealand adventure concludes. We say goodbye before we transfer you to the airport for your flight.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 January 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.