Northern Choice (Auckland to Wellington Winter)(Multi Share,Start Auckland, End Wellington)
From 17/07/2020 to 28/09/2020
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jul Fri 17 2020 to Jul Sun 26 2020AvailableFrom$2,220*
Jul Sat 25 2020 to Aug Mon 03 2020AvailableFrom$2,220*
Aug Sun 02 2020 to Aug Tue 11 2020AvailableFrom$2,220*
Aug Mon 10 2020 to Aug Wed 19 2020AvailableFrom$2,220*
Aug Tue 18 2020 to Aug Thu 27 2020Sold OutFrom$2,220*
Aug Wed 26 2020 to Sep Fri 04 2020AvailableFrom$2,220*
Sep Thu 03 2020 to Sep Sat 12 2020AvailableFrom$2,220*
Sep Fri 11 2020 to Sep Sun 20 2020AvailableFrom$2,220*
Sep Sat 19 2020 to Sep Mon 28 2020AvailableFrom$2,220*
Throughout your trip you’ll be getting your beauty sleep in comfy beds in cosy multi-share rooms.
Your accommodation will always be located in the heart of the action, with communal areas for you and your new best friends to relax and socialise.
We'll get 12 of your meals, you get the rest.
You can expect a healthy breakfast every morning, as well as a traditional Maori Hangi and a BBQ or roast along the way.
We'll also give you plenty of opportunities to try the best gourmet eats in NZ.
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life.
An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps.
Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Day 1 - Auckland to Paihia via Parry Kauri Park Welcome to NZ globe trotters. Time to meet your wolf-pack and start salivating over the overflowing banquet of adventure we have up for grabs here in the land of the 'long white cloud'. We'll cross Aucklands Harbour Bridge admiring the 'City of Sails' habour before starting our journey north to Paihia.We'll waste no time exploring what this country is famed for - unfathomable nature. Ancient Kauri trees that stand up to 50 metres high and hold over 1000-years of history will delight a walk through the reserve of Parry Kauri Park. -Walk through native Kauri ForestOn arrival to the Bay of Island we're starting off with a dose of Kiwi history on a guided tour at Waitangi Treaty grounds where in 1840 New Zealand officially became a nation of two communities. And because we like to give you that something extra, how about a free admission at the Treaty museum, in case you seek a bit more detail on Kiwi history.
Day 2 - Paihia Whether it's parasailing or a fast boat ride - today's (idyllic) list of optionals reads like a who's who of adventure. This area is filled with natural beauty and is sure to inspire your inner wild child. Make the most of the Free Time Add-On experiences on offer - tomorrow we head back to the big city vibes.
Day 3 - Paihia to Auckland Feeling salty and sun-kissed we wave goodbye to Paihia & sashay our way back down NZ in the direction of Auckland, eager to carry on seeing what else this fine country has in store. Ask your Trip Manager for a bit of intel on the local lingo around here, sure to be the best way to make you feel right at home amongst the Kiwi crowd. Thought we'd "done Auckland" already? Oh hell no. Today is all about discovering yet more of this energetic city, starting with a free night to explore Auckland's great nightlife.
Day 4 - Auckland to Rotorua Laters Auckland! Today we drive through the lush farmlands of Waikato, an area that produces many of New Zealand's best Rugby players for the All Blacks, on route to Hobbiton Village. That's right, it wouldn't be a complete experience without a stop at the "Shire".When you catch your first whiff of that .. 'unusual' sulphur smell, you'll know we've arrived in Rotorua. Famed for its spurting geysers, boiling mud pools & hot springs, gondola and speeding luge rides, Rotorua is a natural wonderland, and then some. Tonight the culture will sky rocket with a traditional Maori h?ngi dinner & dance performance, and perhaps best of all, the chance to get involved in the world-famous HAKA. Tongues at the ready peeps.
Day 5 - Rotorua The day is yours to roam free. Soak in a hotspring, go white water rafting, take a canopy tour of hike up a volcano - the options are limitless and the decisions are yours.
Day 6 - Rotorua to Mount Ruapehu via Huka Falls and Lake Taupo Our Rotorua adventures are (almost) at an end, but not before we stop by the Rainbow Springs Nature Park, where you'll get the chance to learn about New Zealand's national bird, kiwis. Like nice surprises? Here's one for you - your included entrance fee goes towards the kiwi rehabilitation project, a Contiki sponsored initiative. Plus, as part of the project Treadright sponsors an incubator used to hatch eggs, so every year we get naming rights to two new baby kiwis. Cute, huh?220,000 litres (that's 58 000 gallons) of water gush over Huka Falls per second. Just let that sink in for a minute. Wild, right? Even wilder still is the Hukafalls Jet experience - a thrilling ride that will get you experiencing the full force of the falls and leave you with even more of a taste for adventure. A good thing really, given Lake Taupo is on the horizon.We'll break up our journey today with a nature jaunt to gorgeous glassy Lake Taupo.Then it's on to Mt Ruapehu for some powder riding fun. Whether you consider yourself a pro, or perhaps just an aspiring ski enthusiast, this is the perfect place for you to 'slide' into new adventures. And yes we do make excellent puns.
Day 7 - Mount Ruapehu Known as the apr?s-ski capital of the North island, Ohakune is a tranquil town with utterly unreal views. Spend the day bettering your skills on the slopes or generally treating yourself to all the snowy based activities on offer, then tonight snuggle down in our Special Stay ski lodge, located in prime position at the base of Mt. Ruapehu.
Day 8 - Mount Ruapehu to Wellington These landscapes are unique and the sights will leave you breathless. On route to the windy capital Wellington where we'll show you the sights of this city.As much as we've been loving the nature time, the change of scenery to New Zealand's well-cultured capital will prove an utter delights. After an orientation through the narrow streets of Wellington a night on the town will be on the cards, plus an optional dinner to start the night off as we mean to go on.
Day 9 - Wellington Galleries, cafes, shops, street performers, vintage markets -Wellington you're spoiling us. Stroll the eclectic Cuba Street, grab some sushi & pop by the Tattoo Museum where Maori moko face tattoos and modern ink collide, or hop on a quad bike to get down and dirty.
Day 10 - End Wellington Today marks the end of our adventure (sob) as our trip comes to an end after brekkie. NZ - you've been real. Auckland to Paihia See the City of Sails harbour made famous by the Americas Cup Rotorua to Mount Ruapehu via Huka Falls and Lake Taupo Take a behind the scenes tour of the of a Kiwi conservation project at the Rainbow Springs Kiwi Encounter Mount Ruapehu See an active stratovolcano with Mt Ruapehu See more of the sights made famous in the The Lord of the Rings
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 October 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..