China Discovery for Teenagers - 8 Days
From 2021-09-11 to 2022-10-01
7 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 1 Peking Duck dinner.
6 nights 3 - 4 star hotels.
High speed train: Xi'an - Shanghai.
1 overnight train: Beijing - Xi'an (4-berth soft sleeper cabin).
Touring of Beijing, Badaling, Xi'an, Juyongguan and Shanghai.
Chinese acrobatic performance.
Rickshaw ride through Beijings' Hutongs.
Xi’an - bike ride on medieval City Wall.
Shanghai - Huangpu River cruise.
Tour Guide escorted for groups of 6 or more.
Beijing Capital Airport arrival transfer on day 1 and departure transfer day 8 from Shanghai Airport.
English speaking specialist guides at local sights.
All relevant transfers and transportation in private A/C vehicles.
Day 1 - Beijing Saturday. Welcome to China and the start of your holiday! Upon arrival you will be met at Beijing Capital Airport and transferred to your hotel for check-in. Spend the rest of the day at your own leisure exploring China’s capital city. Vast squares, magnificent palaces and beautiful gardens are just some of the treasures still visible from the Beijing’s imperial past, while down narrow alleyways one can find charming tea houses, traditional workshops, and quiet courtyards.
Day 2 - Beijing First thing this morning we will embark on a guided tour of the city centre, including the legendary Forbidden City, which stood as the residence of emperors and as the political powerhouse of the country for over half a millennia. Today it houses the Palace Museum and is the country’s largest and best-preserved complex of ancient buildings, which we will get to explore. The red-roofed Gate of Heavenly Peace stands entrance to the Forbidden City just off of Tiananmen Square, a vast public space which is home to Chairman’s Mao’s Mausoleum and several historic monuments as well as being a fascinating place to people watch and snap a few pictures.
In the afternoon we will enjoy a rickshaw ride through the Hutongs – or backstreets, of Beijing and in the evening we will witness a jaw-dropping Chinese acrobatic performance. Human pyramids, spinning plates, juggling hoops and swinging ropes are just some of the tricks you can expect to see here. Later we’ll head to a local restaurant for a Welcome Dinner of Peking Duck.
Day 3 - Great Wall After a free morning to further explore the city, we drive beyond Beijing to Badaling, to walk a section of the famous Great Wall. Built in the Ming Dynasty, a 6m wide pathway makes a formidable defence, following the highest contours of a steep range of hills. This evening we spend the night at our quaint hotel near Juyongguan Pass, which offers views of the Great Wall.
Day 4 - Beijing Beijing - Xi’an. We rise early this morning and head (5 min bus drive) to the Great Wall at Juyongguan Pass when it opens to beat the crowds. We have time to enjoy and explore the wall before visiting a Jade Carving Centre to learn about this ornamental rock and its importance in Chinese culture. After lunch we head back to Beijing. Free time is offered in the cavernous Pearl Market - a multi floor shoppers paradise with clothing, jewellery, gadgets and much more, before travelling by express soft sleeper train to Xi’an in Shaanxi Province.
Day 5 - Xi'an Upon arrival into Xi'an we transfer to our hotel for breakfast and check in with time to freshen up. Today's highlight is the Terracotta Warrior archaeological site. Standing in battle-ready formation and numbering into the thousands, the Terracotta Army is Xian’s most popular sight and was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1987, 13 years after the army was discovered. Built by local craftsman during the 3rd century BC for emperor Qinshihuang, the life-sized warriors and horses were designed to offer protection in the afterlife. Later we visit to a clay workshop specialising in making replica figurines of the Terracotta Warriors.
Tonight, we welcome you to join the optional Tang Dynasty Show, which includes dinner, a traditional performance and transfers (bookable locally).
Day 6 - Xi'an Xi’an - Shanghai. This morning we venture out and enjoy a leisurely bike ride atop the Xi’an City Wall. Dating back to 1370 the 12m-high walls are some of the few remaining urban fortifications still standing in China today and after extensive restorations the City Walls offer ample opportunities from which to explore Xi'an. We then visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, one of Xian’s most iconic landmarks, followed by the vibrant Muslim Quarter. After lunch we board our express train to Shanghai.
Day 7 - Shanghai Arriving early in the morning we will be welcomed by a skyline filled with shimmering skyscrapers, gleaming shopping malls, luxurious hotels and thriving art centres in modern Shanghai. After check-in and breakfast at our hotel, we will take a tour of the many city sights including Yuyuan Garden and The Bund – once the trading and commercial centre of Old Shanghai, before ending with a cruise on the Huangpu River.
Day 8 - Shanghai Saturday. Shanghai. Our tour will come to an end after breakfast and your onward departure transfer to the airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 08 August 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.