Coastal Route Self Drive, 7 Nights
HIGHLIGHTS: Sydney - Port Stephens - Port Macquarie - Coffs Harbour - Byron Bay
Day 1 Sydney
Sun-drenched Sydney is a traveller's playground. Life here revolves around the water and under the sun, from the glittering harbour to the stunning coastline of the Eastern Beaches. With a day or afternoon to explore, you might like to take the ferry over to Manly or hit the iconic Bondi to Coogee coastal walk.
Day 3 Sydney to Port Stephens
Wake at your leisure and enjoy a long breakfast before travelling north to Salamander Bay, Port Stephens. It's an easy drive up the Central Coast, passing Newcastle along the way, to this sunny seaside town. You'll have a night at the Oaks Pacific Blue Resort, a laidback property surrounded by restaurants, cafes and shops, and just a short drive from Nelson Bay.
Day 4 Port Stephens to Port Macquarie
The Pacific Coast is one of the country's most legendary routes, offering drivers and passengers awe-inspiring views from both sides of the car: ocean on one side, lush hinterland on the other. Make your way along a stretch of the scenic drive towards Port Macquarie, known for its easy lifestyle. Lap up the seaside serenity by the Hastings River or walk the sandy shores of Lighthouse Beach before checking into your accommodation.
Day 5 Port Macquarie to Coffs Harbour
Start your morning with further exploration of Port Macquarie or venture nearby to Wauchope, a former timber town with direct access to the natural wonders of Mount Boss State Park. Then, it's time to hit the highway for Coffs Harbour, another charming coastal city. Perfect for couples and families, Coffs Harbour has no shortage of things to do and see - a visit to the iconic Big Banana is a must while in town. Spend the night at the lush BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort, a secluded tropical sanctuary complete with an outdoor rock pool and slide, cave spas, tennis courts and putt-putt golf.
Day 6 Coffs Harbour to Byron Bay
Byron Bay is arguably the most glamorous jewel in the Pacific Coast's crown. This coastal enclave offers something for everyone, whether you're seeking sun and sand or a touch of barefoot luxury. Cafes, shops and late-night fun are also a short walk from this convenient location.
Day 7 Byron Bay
There's no shortage of ways to spend your full day in Byron Bay. You might like to take a drive to Watego's Beach, a sheltered stretch of sand favoured by local surfers or enjoy a spot of retail therapy at the many boutiques in town. When hunger strikes, the options are endless. In the heart of Byron, there are myriad beachfront eateries and bars to while away your afternoon, or you might like to take a drive to The Farm, a relatively new addition to Byron's culinary landscape from the chefs of Sydney's Three Blue Ducks.
Day 8 Byron Bay to Gold Coast
Your road trip concludes on return of your hire car at the Gold Coast Airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 July 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..