German Christmas Markets Winter 201920
From 28/11/2019 to 19/12/2019
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Nov Thu 28 2019 to Dec Thu 05 2019AvailableFrom$1,995*
Nov Fri 29 2019 to Dec Fri 06 2019AvailableFrom$1,995*
Dec Thu 05 2019 to Dec Thu 12 2019AvailableFrom$1,995*
Dec Fri 06 2019 to Dec Fri 13 2019AvailableFrom$1,995*
Dec Sat 07 2019 to Dec Sat 14 2019AvailableFrom$1,995*
Dec Sun 08 2019 to Dec Sun 15 2019AvailableFrom$1,995*
Dec Thu 12 2019 to Dec Thu 19 2019AvailableFrom$1,995*
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Hand-picked Trip Highlights.
VIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Arrive Frankfurt Tame your festive wanderlust with the smells of Gl?hwein and Stollen on this magical journey that begins in Frankfurt. After check-in this afternoon, join your Travel Director on an orientation tour of the city's dynamic financial centre and medieval R?merplatz. Later, join your fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception with drinks and a light meal.
Day 2 - Frankfurt - Rothenburg - Nuremberg Stunning Bavarian landscapes line your journey to the medieval walled town of Rothenburg where you'll enjoy an orientation walk with your Travel Director past picture-perfect half-timbered houses and the old Town Hall. Savour a mouthful or two of Schneeballen or shop for gifts at the Reiterlesmarkt before continuing to Nuremberg with its mighty ramparts and St. Sebald's Church. Our next stop is the famous Christkindlesmarkt where sweet gingerbread hearts hang from the stalls and the famous Zwetschgenm?nnle prune men pose in all their Christmas splendour.
Day 3 - Nuremberg - Eisenach (Wartburg Castle) - Erfurt - Weimar Embrace hundreds of years of festive spirit at the Eisenach Christmas market held in the UNESCO World Heritage Wartburg Castle. Ramble past sizzling Bratwurst and steaming vats of Gl?hwein as you soak up the magical atmosphere. Next on our Christmas wish list is Erfurt's medieval market - its Weinachtspyramiden is the gateway to delicious aromas of schnitzel, gingerbread and egg punch, enjoyed against the backdrop of St. Mary's Cathedral and St. Severus Church. See the market ferris wheel and Merchants' Bridge, the largest inhabited bridge in Europe. Our final stop on our festive foray today is the UNESCO World Heritage town of Weimar, where we dine at our hotel.
Day 4 - Weimar - Dresden (2 Nights) Enjoy a leisurely morning in Weimar before travelling to Dresden, the 'Florence on the Elbe'. Spend the day admiring the magnificent restoration of a city that was all but destroyed during World War II. Consider indulging in traditional German cuisine this evening at a local restaurant.
Day 5 - Full Day at Dresden Christmas Market Germany's Christmas traditions take centre stage today as we 'Dive Into Culture' and wander through Dresden's Striezelmarkt, Germany's oldest Christmas market. Admire the dazzling display of twinkling lights, handcrafted decorations and Christmas carols. If you're lucky enough to visit on the second weekend in advent, pay homage to the original Dresdner Christstollen.
Day 6 - Dresden - Leipzig - Berlin (2 Nights) Immerse yourself in centuries of Yuletide traditions at Leipzig Christmas market as you wander past more than 250 decorated stalls in the Marktplatz. Take a trip back in time as you savour the scents of Gl?gi wine and admire the traditional crafts in 'Ancient Leipzig'. We leave vibrant Leipzig for Berlin where we'll spend the next two nights.
Day 7 - Berlin Sightseeing and Free Time You won't need Santa's reindeer to ascend hundreds of metres into the air as you admire 360? views of the city from the Berlin TV Tower. Your Local Specialist will share insights into old East and West Berlin during a sightseeing tour past the Brandenburg Gate, Unter den Linden Boulevard, the Reichstag building, Tiergarten and the shopping and entertainment district of Kurf?rstendamm. The rest of the day is yours to explore on your own or consider joining Berlin's Secret Past Optional Experience. Our memorable Christmas journey almost at its end, we'll spend the evening with our Travel Director and fellow travellers for a delicious Farewell Dinner with wine.
Day 8 - Depart Berlin For now, it's time to bid a festive farewell to our travel companions as we return home filled with magical memories. Morning transfers are available to Berlin Tegel Airport. Conditions apply. Sightseeing Highlights CITY TOUR in Berlin ORIENATATION of Frankfurt, Rothenburg, Nuremberg, Weimar, Dresden and Leipzig VISIT the Christmas Markets of Rothenburg, Nuremberg, Wartburg Castle in Eisenach, Erfurt, Weimar, Dresden, Leipzig and Berlin. Ascend the Berlin TV Tower VIEW the Opera House and Zwinger Palace in Dresden, the Brandenburg Gate and Reichstag Building in Berlin
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..