Icons of England Self Drive, 10 Days
Deal Number 5425588
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
Destination England, United Kingdom
Travel Dates 1 - 30 October 2019
Call 133 133
- 9 night self drive itinerary departing London.
- 10 days car hire (Economy 2/4 door manual size vehicle, all inclusive), pick up London and drop off at London.
- 1 night accommodation at the 4-star DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Cambridge City Centre in a King Guest Room.
- 2 night accommodation at the 4-star Novotel York Centre in a Superior Room.
- 2 night accommodation at the 3-star Holiday Inn Gloucester in a Standard Room.
- 2 nights accommodation at the 4-star Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery Collection in an Comfort Classic room.
- 2 nights accommodation at the 3-star Holiday Inn Express Windsor in a Standard Room.
- 1 - 30 October 2019
Day 1 Drive from London to Cambridge (75km)
From London, travel north, possibly stopping at Jacobean Audley End House and Duxford Imperial War Museum on route to the glorious university city of Cambridge where you can explore labyrinthine cobbled parades and squares and marvel at the intricate architecture of world-renowned colleges including Kings College, Trinity College and Christ's College. Take a stroll along the Backs, extensive parklands behind the university or take a punt on the river with one of the resident students.
Stay 1 night at DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Cambridge City Centre.Day 2 -3 Drive from Cambridge to York (250km)
Continuing north arrive in the stunning medieval city of York with a wealth of historic and cultural sites to explore from the cobbled streets such as the famous Shambles, Britain's first shopping street, the Viking Jorvik Centre, the medieval city walls, gates and towers, the opulent Georgian Era Fairfax House and the National Railway Museum current home of the Flying Scotsman. The highlight of course will be exploring the iconic York Minster.
Stay 2 nights at Novotel York Centre.Day 4 - 5 Drive from York to The Cotswolds (135km)
Passing south in to the Heart of England, make a stop at Kenilworth Castle before visiting England's most visually imposing fortresses at the stunning Warwick Castle. Arriving in Stratford-upon-Avon discover the abundant Shakespeare Heritage in this picturesque, market town of Tudor timberwork buildings. Explore the town including Shakespeare's Birthplace, Anne Hathaway's Cottage and Hall's Croft.
Stay 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Gloucester, Cheltenham.Day 6 - 7 Drive from The Cotswolds to Bath (144km)
Today explore the beauty of quintessential English countryside in the Cotswolds' rolling hills and eccentrically named villages such as Stow on the Wold and Moreton in Marsh. Arriving in Bath, experience a UNESCO world heritage city which oozes Georgian opulence and is home to architectural highlights including the Elizabethan Abbey, Pulteney Bridge and the Royal Crescent not to mention the spectacular iconic Roman Baths and Pump Room.
Stay 2 nights at the Francis Hotel Bath MGallery .Day 8 - 9 Drive from Bath to Windsor (65km)
Returning East towards London, you may choose to stop at Lacock Abbey, used in TV and film productions of Pride and Prejudice and Harry Potter before passing on to the eerie Salisbury Plain to see England's most iconic site at the mysterious standing stones of Stonehenge before arriving in Salisbury to explore the cobbled streets and England's tallest cathedral spire. A final stop will be at Highclere Castle featured on television as Downton Abbey before arriving in Windsor.
Stay 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Express Windsor .Day 10 Drive from to London(115km)
Spend today exploring the magnificent town of Windsor home to cobbled squares, timber fronted houses, and the world's largest inhabited castle at Windsor Castle, the Queen's favoured residence.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 March 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
Call 133 133 or email an Airfare Expert to find out more
From quick getaways to dream holidays
We're the biggest travel agency south of the equator with access to destinations right around the world. Anywhere you want to go, we can take you there.
Book Now Pay Later!
Where ever you want to fly, cruise, tour or stay, you can holiday sooner with our Interest Free Holidays.
Real People, Real Experience, Real Easy
Our Travel Experts love travel as much as you do. Book with us, knowing you're getting the best advice from the best in the business.