Yucatan Highlights (Until Feb 2021)(Twin Room,Start Mexico City, End Cancun)
From 17/01/2021 to 19/02/2021
We always provide comfortable accommodation in a relaxed atmosphere - think comfy hotels with twin share rooms and bright communal areas for you and your new squad to relax and socialise.
You can count on us to refuel you with a hearty breakfast every day, plus a few delicious dinners along the way, but we'll also give you the opportunity to sample some of the best local cuisine.
We'll get 7 of your meals, you get the rest.
Taste it all - from simple street eats to gourmet fare.
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life.
An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps.
Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Day 1 - Mexico City It's a busy one today, travellers. Archaeological city Teotihuacan, pyramids and Aztec temples are the focus for this leg of your journey. As you go, local guides will kindly impart their extensive knowledge on many interesting topics so you're in the know on anything and everything here. Tonight, re-fuel with city eats, like enchiladas, tamales, tacos and even head out and get a little loco. And if you happen to be here at the right time, you might even get to experience Lucha Libre, Mexican wrestling!
Day 2 - Mexico City to Merida Now you bid farewell to Mexico City before the finale of the trip where you will meet again. You've seen and learnt a lot, but now it is time for a change of scenery and pace - a an included flight out to the white stone city of Merida is on the cards. Soft and beautiful, Merida will take you in its arms and show you the quieter side of Mexico. A walking tour will show off this small town's gorgeous atmosphere, it won't take you long to feel right at home once you reach the old town. You'll have some free time to explore the bustling markets, where you will find many treasures to take home. Later, ask your Trip Manager for the best place to head to feast o Yucatan specialities that will delight the tastebuds, before no-doubt dalling into blissful slumber.
Day 3 - Merida to Cancun via Chichen Itza Pack up your swag of Mexican trinkets and say goodbye to the calm oasis of Merida and hello yet another incredible UNESCO World Heritage-listed site, Chichen Itza.These ancient ruins are the most famous and best preserved of their kind in Mayan history. These iconic ruins are one of the big ticks of this country, and a true sight to behold. With our Local Guide leading the charge, Chichen Itza will provoke questions about the Mayan calendar, the positioning of the sun, the connections of the ruins around the country, and the worlds that came before us - a truly special spot on the trip and a history buff's delight. With more knowledge than you can handle, it's time for a change of scene, and a dip in an Instagram worthy cenote. These underground lakes or waterholes are are refreshing, lush, foliage covered and a much needed break from the sunshine. In stark contrast, next up is Mexico's super resort - Cancun. With high energy party vibes oozing from its pores, this stop is a no brainer when it comes to getting involved in the nightlife. One suggestion for tonight is dinner at the Mercado 28, a busy market serving true Mexican delights before heading out to get your P-A-R-T-Y on.
Day 4 - Cancun Just incase you don't know the drill by now, an ice cold cerveza should remind you that Cancun is a hub of wonderful entertainment. Feel like taking things further afield? A day trip to Playa del Carmen could be just the ticket. White sand beaches, snorkelling, colourful cafes lining the streets and classic locals and shopping will see you living the good life and playing local in paradise. The legendary nightlife will certainly whip up yet another storm of dancing and live music back in Cancun tonight, so go on, get out there tonight and hit the dancefloor with the squad. Your Trip Manager knows this party like the back of their hand, your guarantee to be the know on all the best spots to head.
Day 5 - Cancun Fun is the name of the game today in this stunning white sand beach spot. Thrillseekers could take a trip to some hidden waters deep in the tropical jungle. A bit of rural island hopping, zipling a stint at Garrafon Natural Reef Park, a visit to some ancient Mayan ruins and finally some more swimming is all on offer. Explore the offshore coral reefs and caves while the sunshine ripples through the crystal clear water. Then back to Cancun where seafood by the seashore is on the menu for a fabulous open-air sunset dinner with the crew.
Day 6 - Depart Cancun Morning global roamers, we came, we saw, we conquered all... We'll fuel up on one last breakfast together, then it's time to wipe away the tears and do those final friend requests because today you're homeward bound with firm plans in full steam for a Contiki 2.0 reunion in Asiano-doubt. Arrive Mexico City Tour the Pyramids of Teotihuacan Mexico City to Merida Walking tour of Meridas sights Cancun Relax on the white sand beaches Sunset Beach Dinner in Cancun
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 August 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.