Best of Greece
From 13/12/2019 to 03/04/2020
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Dec Fri 13 2019 to Dec Fri 20 2019On RequestFrom$2,150*
Dec Thu 19 2019 to Dec Thu 26 2019On RequestFrom$2,250*
Dec Thu 26 2019 to Jan Thu 02 2020Sold OutFrom$2,250*
Jan Fri 03 2020 to Jan Fri 10 2020On RequestFrom$2,150*
Feb Fri 28 2020 to Mar Fri 06 2020AvailableFrom$2,150*
Mar Fri 06 2020 to Mar Fri 13 2020AvailableFrom$2,150*
Mar Fri 13 2020 to Mar Fri 20 2020AvailableFrom$2,150*
Mar Fri 20 2020 to Mar Fri 27 2020AvailableFrom$2,150*
Mar Fri 27 2020 to Apr Fri 03 2020AvailableFrom$2,150*
5 dinners (including Be My Guest).
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Hand-picked Trip Highlights.
VIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Arrive Athens (2 Nights) Put the 'oh' in opa and embark on an unforgettable exploration of an ancient land of gods and goddesses, myths and legends. Your springboard to your spellbinding holiday is the vibrant capital of Athens, an effortless mix of ancient treasures and modern verve, which you will have an opportunity to explore after being transferred to your hotel. This evening, join your Travel Director and travel companions for a Welcome Reception, including a light meal and welcome drink.
Day 2 - Athens Sightseeing and Free Time Join your Local Specialist for a guided morning sightseeing tour to the ancient complex that was once the Cradle of Western Civilisation. Along our journey into antiquity, we'll have an opportunity to explore the Acropolis with its treasures. We'll admire the Parthenon, dedicated to the goddess Athena, the Royal Palace, Temple of Zeus and the Agora, once the haunt of Socrates and Plato. 'Dive Into Culture' and see remarkable displays of an ancient world during an included visit to the Acropolis Museum, and see Hadrian's Arch and the stadium where the first modern Olympics took place in 1896. The rest of the day is yours to enjoy on your own. Stroll through the Plaka, people watch in Syntagma Square or go in search of the city's tastiest souvlaki - the choice is yours.
Day 3 - Athens - Corinth - Mycenae - Epidaurus - Nafplion We depart Athens this morning, crossing the mighty Corinth Canal to the wild Peloponnesian Peninsula. Arriving in Corinth, we join a Local Specialist to explore an ancient city that several empires fought over throughout the centuries. We continue to Mycenae, a mighty kingdom of ancient Greece, where we'll see the Beehive Tombs, (the Treasury of Atreus), the Lion Gate and the remains of Agamemnon's Royal Palace, in the company of a Local Specialist. Later, we'll travel to Epidaurus to visit the ancient theatre and view the Sanctuary of Asclepius, the God of Medicine, whose snake-entwined staff remains the symbol of medicine to this day. Arriving in the Venetian town of Nafplion later, we'll dine in our hotel this evening.
Day 4 - Nafplion - Olympia We traverse the Mountains of Arcadia to ancient Olympia, the site of the first Olympic Games held in 776 BC. This evening, we 'Connect With Locals' joining the Karambellas family on their olive and wine farm for a Be My Guest dinner, some traditional dancing and characteristic Greek philoxenia.
Day 5 - Olympia - Patras - Delphi We join a Local Specialist this morning to delve into centuries of history. We'll visit the ancient Olympic site, the museum and the ruined remains of the Temples of Zeus and Hera. Leaving Olympia, we skirt the coastline north to Patras, crossing the Gulf of Corinth to mainland Greece before continuing to Delphi, our home for the night.
Day 6 - Delphi - Thermopylae - Kalambaka Tread in the footsteps of the ancient Greeks, who would descend on the sanctuary of Delphi to consult with the most important oracle in the classical world. Join your Local Specialist and walk the Sacred Way to the 4th-century Temple of Apollo. View the statues immortalising the strength of the athletes who once competed in the Pythian Games, held in honour of Apollo and the Arts. A scenic afternoon drive brings us to Thermopylae, famous for the heroic defence by Leonidas and his brave Spartans against the invading Persians. We cross the lush Thessaly region, the 'bread basket of Greece', the travel over the Pourmaraki Pass towards Kalambaka.
Day 7 - Kalambaka - Meteora - Athens The UNESCO World Heritage monasteries of Meteora are our first stop today. Join a Local Specialist to visit two of the six Eastern Orthodox monasteries that cling impressively to immense, rounded rock towers overlooking the town. A scenic drive returns us to Athens, where we'll enjoy a rousing Farewell Dinner with our travel companions and reminisce over an incredible journey through Greece.
Day 8 - Depart Athens We say a fond farewell to our newfound friends and the treasures of Greece after an unforgettable journey. Airport transfers are available, conditions apply. Sightseeing Highlights CITY TOUR in Athens, Olympia, Delphi and Meteora VISIT the Acropolis and Museum in Athens, the ancient ruins in Corinth, the Ancient theatre in Epidaurus, the Olympic Stadium in Olympia, the home of the Oracle at Delphi and the incredible rock monasteries in Meteora VIEW the Parthenon, the Agora, Royal Palace and Temple of Zeus in Athens, the ancient theatre and Sanctuary of Asclepius at Epidaurus and the battle site at Thermopylae SEE the Corinth Canal, the Lion Gate and Agamemnon's Palace at Mycenae
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..