From 14/11/2020 to 31/12/2020
11 dinners (including Be My Guest).
First class travel Highlights.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Hand-picked hotels, lodges and luxury safari camps.
Hand-picked Trip Highlights.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director, Driver Guide or Trafalgar Representative.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Day 1 - Arrive Windhoek Your epic encounter with Namibia kicks off in its capital, Windhoek. On arrival, transfer to your hotel and enjoy time at leisure - play a round of golf on the 18-hole golf course or relax in the swimming pool before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception and dinner.
Day 2 - Windhoek - Rehoboth - Kalahari Desert Embrace the freedom of the open road as we venture into the Kalahari Desert - Namibia's boundless, sandy beauty. We make our way through the historic town of Rehoboth, a former mission station just north of the Tropic of Capricorn, then take our front-row seats on a scenic nature drive through this 'thirst land', where trees loom and rocky shadows stretch out on the horizon against the setting sun.
Day 3 - Kalahari Desert - Keetmanshoop - Fish River Canyon See the iconic forest of Quiver Trees - the towering aloes from which the San people fashion their quivers to this day. After a short stop in Keetmanshoop with free time for lunch, travel to Naute Dam before arriving at your motor-themed lodge to savour a spectacular Namibian sunset.
Day 4 - Fish River Canyon - Aus Peer over the ancient chasm carved by the Fish River to form Africa's largest canyon. Carved over millennia, the Fish River Canyon's gigantic ravine provides sanctuary to klipspringer, zebra and even wild horses. We continue our journey to the spectacular Aus Mountains where you'll spend the afternoon getting close to nature.
Day 5 - Aus - Solitaire (2 Nights) Immerse yourself in the Southern Namib region admiring desert vistas and expansive skies as we conquer the open road. We pay a visit to Baron von Wolf's Duwisib Castle to learn about its history as a gift of love for his American wife. Settle in to the comfort of your lodge and spend the afternoon relaxing, before embarking on a nature drive into the desert.
Day 6 - Sossusvlei and Deadvlei Excursion In a country renowned for its epic landscapes, competition for the top spot is tough. But it is Sossusvlei and Deadvlei that rightly deserve this crown and it is where we begin our adventure today. Gaze up at the towering Dune 45, then meander into the eerie but beautiful photographers' paradise of Deadvlei, to snap iconic photos of dead camel thorn trees on a bed of white clay pans, perfectly framed by towering sand dunes and clear blue skies. Your early morning adventure in Sossusvlei complete, travel on to explore the ravine walls of the Sesriem Canyon, carved out by the Tsauchab River.
Day 7 - Solitaire - Swakopmund (2 Nights) After breakfast, we drive to the German-inspired seaside town of Swakopmund with its colonial buildings and encroaching desert.
Day 8 - Swakopmund At Leisure During your free time perhaps consider joining an Optional Experience catamaran wildlife cruise in Walvis Bay in search of the marine 'Big 5'. Or make the most of your free time by sampling Black Forest cake and Florentiners at one of the town's quaint German B?ckerei or indulge in some locally brewed Windhoek Lager. Then it's time to 'Connect With Locals' and savour some hearty vetkoek with a Damara family in Swakopmund's Mondesa Township during our 'Be My Guest 'experience, where you'll learn about life in the township.
Day 9 - Swakopmund - Damaraland Follow Namibia's salt route en route to Damaraland, a place where mysterious flat-topped lava mountains and petrified trees cast shadows across the terracotta-coloured terrain. We make an important stop at Twyfelfontein to admire its ancient rock engravings, then explore the rocky-red Organ Pipes carved into the face of the mountain before arriving at our lodge - one of Trafalgar's 'Stays With Stories'. After settling in to our accommodation, we'll embark on a nature drive on the property.
Day 10 - Damaraland - Etosha National Park Area (2 Nights) As we journey north, we make a brief stop to visit the Petrified Forest and its unique fossilised tree trunks. Meet the OvaHimba tribe with whom we'll 'Dive Into Culture' to gain insights into their hunter-gatherer traditions that have spanned thousands of years. Your visit will 'Make A Difference' by contributing to funds used for food and other necessities. Despite vast desolate landscapes, Namibia is renowned for its wildlife and there's no better place to encounter the array of animal and birdlife that live within its borders than Etosha National Park.
Day 11 - Etosha National Park Full Day Safari Explore one of the world's great wildlife sanctuaries on a full-day safari to gain an understanding of its diverse eco-system. Enjoy a deep connection with your natural surrounds, joining a guide who will uncover the secrets of the bush and maximise your game viewing chances.
Day 12 - Etosha National Park Area - Windhoek We bid farewell to Etosha and travel south back to Windhoek. This evening enjoy a Farewell Dinner at one of the city's most famous and lively beer houses to celebrate the end of a magical journey through Namibia.
Day 13 - Depart Windhoek With our journey at its close, we say goodbye to our new-found friends and transfer to Windhoek airport. Sightseeing Highlights VISIT Rehoboth, Kalahari Desert, Keetmanshoop, Quivertree Forest, Fish River Canyon, Duwisib Castle, Sossusvlei, Dune 45 & Deadvlei, Namib Naukluft National Park, Twyfelfontein ancient Rock Art, National Park Paintings and the Organ pipes, the Petrified Forest, Etosha National Park VIEW Naute Dam, Sesriem Canyon, the Moon Landscape valley near Swakopmund SEE the Namib Naukluft Mountains
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.