Wonders of Kenya
From 25/10/2020 to 28/12/2020
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
7 lunches (including Be My Guest).
First class travel Highlights.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Hand-picked hotels, lodges and luxury safari camps.
Hand-picked Trip Highlights.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director, Driver Guide or Trafalgar Representative.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Day 1 - Arrive Nairobi (2 Nights) Karibu! Your Kenyan safari adventure begins in the capital, Nairobi, where you will be met at the airport by a Trafalgar Representative and transferred to your hotel. Spend the evening with your fellow explorers and your Driver Guide enjoying a delicious Welcome Reception at the world-famous Carnivore restaurant. The full duration of this itinerary is operated by a 4 X 4 safari vehicle, including all road travel and safari game drives. The trip will travel over a variety of terrains, resulting in some rough and bumpy journeys.
Day 2 - Nairobi Sightseeing 'Make A Difference' this morning during your visit to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. Here you'll learn about the organisation's acclaimed Orphans' Project which provides hope for the future of Kenya's threatened elephant and rhino populations. Watch the resident baby elephants wallowing in their daily mud bath, then travel to the leafy suburb of Karen for lunch followed by a visit to the Karen Blixen Museum, the former home of the famous Danish 'Out of Africa' author who chose Kenya as her home.
Day 3 - Nairobi - Samburu National Reserve (2 Nights) Leave the hustle and bustle of Nairobi behind and embark on a 4x4 journey north through the Mt. Kenya region. Continue your safari adventure with an afternoon game drive in Samburu National Reserve, tracking such species as the Grevy's Zebra and the Reticulated Giraffe endemic to the northern Kenya region. Your accommodation tonight is a luxury tented camp on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River.
Day 4 - Samburu National Reserve Safari Game Drives Made famous in the award-winning book and movie Born Free, Samburu National Reserve was the home of Elsa, the famous lioness raised by conservationists George and Joy Adamson. Rise early with the birds and embark on a morning game drive through acacia forest and expansive grasslands in search of wildlife. Relax at your camp on your return then head out back out into the savannah on a late afternoon game drive.
Day 5 - Samburu National Reserve - Aberdare National Park Journey south to Aberdare National Park, where en route you'll 'Connect With Locals' over the robust aromas of coffee during a 'Be My Guest' experience on a plantation in the highlands of central Kenya. You'll have an opportunity to sample some of the local coffee and learn how your hosts are part of a cooperative system from production through to sale. Stay overnight in one of Trafalgar's 'Stays With Stories' - The Ark Lodge. Reminiscent of Noah's Ark, this accommodation offers four viewing areas from which to observe the endemic bird and animal species which frequent the on-site waterhole and salt lick.
Day 6 - Aberdare National Park - Lake Nakuru National Park Have your camera ready for a photo stop at the spectacular Thomson's Falls before connecting with the soul of Africa's Great Rift Valley. Visit the bird watcher's paradise that is Lake Nakuru National Park, then join your Driver Guide for an afternoon game drive to spot pink flamingos lining the lakeshore and to search for lion and leopard.
Day 7 - Lake Nakuru National Park - Maasai Mara National Reserve (2 Nights) Your journey continues to the world-renowned Maasai Mara National Reserve, your home for the next two nights. During your time here, spend some time at your lodge's watering hole where large pods of hippo can often be seen.
Day 8 - Maasai Mara Full Day Safari Game Drive Don your hat and polish those binoculars for a full day of safari in Maasai Mara's wilderness. When you're not traversing the savannah in search of the Big 5, you'll 'Dive Into Culture' and join a Maasai community in their local village. Watch the colourfully clad warriors demonstrate their jumping prowess, then tour the village to gain in-depth insights into their daily life. Later, indulge in a bush picnic - the sounds of the bush the perfect accompaniment while you keep your eyes peeled for the flash of resident Bee-eaters, Rollers and Hoopoes flitting from tree to tree.
Day 9 - Maasai Mara National Reserve - Depart Nairobi Your Kenyan safari adventure at its end, you'll return to Nairobi, where a day room has been reserved for you at one of Nairobi's airport hotels prior to your evening flight home. Sightseeing Highlights VISIT Samburu National Reserve, Aberdare National Park, Lake Nakuru National Park, Maasai Mara National Game Reserve VIEW Thomson's Falls in Nyahururu
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.