In Pursuit of Pandas, 9 Days, SAVE $500*
Departure dates & prices
Day 1 Beijing.
Fly to Beijing, China's historical capital. Depending on your time of arrival, the rest of the day is yours to start soaking up the local culture.
Day 2 Beijing.
Begin in Beijing's symbolic heart with a stroll across Tiananmen Square, flanked by imposing government buildings and the mausoleum of Chairman Mao. At the head of the square the sprawling magnificence of the Forbidden City is a monument to dynasties past. Entering through the Gate of Supreme Harmony, you will find a complex of a thousand rooms and many imperial treasures. Later, soak up the harmonious ambience of the Temple of Heaven, an orderly oasis in a bustling urban landscape, where you can watch, or participate in a dance class and mingle with the locals. This evening, sit down to a traditional dinner of Peking duck.
Day 3 The Great Wall.
This morning is dedicated to China's most iconic sight - the Great Wall. Stretching thousands of miles from the Yellow Sea to the Gobi Desert, over all sorts of dramatic landscapes, it is one of the world's most impressive feats of engineering. Taking a walk on this incredible structure is the best way to appreciate both the wall itself and the magnificent scenery that it crosses. Drive back to Beijing and enjoy a relaxed afternoon in the idyllic gardens of the Summer Palace as you wander through traditional landscapes and admire exquisite architecture. A Chinese acrobatic show rounds off the day.
Day 4 Xian.
Fly to Xian. An illustrious and age-old city, Xian is one of the four great ancient capitals of China. It is also the capital of Shaanxi province and the starting point of the fabled Silk Road with a history spanning 3,100 years. Take a leisurely stroll on the beautifully preserved 14th Century city walls that enclose Xian's old town. Tonight, enjoy a delicious feast of traditional Shui Jiao dumplings and a performance of Tang Dynasty dancing.
Day 5 Terracotta Warriors.
After their fortuitous discovery by local farmers in the 1970s, the Terracotta Army of China's first Emperor, Qin Shi Huang, has intrigued visitors ever since. Spend the morning viewing the enigmatic ranks of lifelike warriors and horses who stand in their original formations at the exact location they were excavated. Visit the workshop of the craftsmen who recreate Terracotta Warriors in the style of their ancient counterparts. Watch the skilled production process and buy a souvenir warrior (or two) to take home. Later, take a bullet train to Chengdu, capital of Sichuan Province.
Day 6 Giant Pandas.
This morning visit one of the world's finest panda conservation centres where you will gain a real insight into the hard work that goes into caring for and boosting the population of this endangered species. Later, enjoy the atmosphere of Jinli Street - a lively street lined with antique shops and restaurants before sampling a delicious Sichuanese meal.
Day 7 Giant Pandas.
A visit to Chengdu's famous Panda Conservation Centre allows you to see and learn about China's celebrated bears. See them up close in surroundings that mirror their natural habitat as they chomp through piles of bamboo. A look around the informative museum gives an overview of the Reserve's breeding programme. Visit The People's Park and enjoy a hot beverage in a traditional teahouse before visiting Matchmaker's Corner where parents search for worthy suitors for their children.
Day 8-9 Chengdu.
Fly to Australia, arriving home the same or following day.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 5 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on [XXXX share] unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details.
- International return airfares departing Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth are included in the price. Additional charges may apply. Note: Depending on airline schedules, extra night�s pre or post tour accommodation or stopovers may be required at additional cost.
- *International return airfares departing Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth are included in the price. Additional charges may apply. Note: Depending on airline schedules, extra night�s pre or post tour accommodation or stopovers may be required at additional cost..