Windsor Castle Tour
Rub shoulders with royalty with this fascinating half-day visit to Windsor Castle, the home of Queen Elizabeth.
As one of the world's largest and oldest castles, there is a wealth of things to see and do in Windsor. Admire the sunning State Apartments, the sensational St George's Chapel and the gorgeous Queen Mary's Dolls House. This is wonderful chance to enjoy the merry life of Windsor.
Construction of the castle began during Norman times in the 11th century and the subsequent 1,000 years have seen a wide range of additions, resulting in an eclectic mix of external styles though Georgian and Victorian dominate. There are so many areas of interest, from the sensational long walk to the main gate to the South Wing and then the Round Tower inside, the Quadrangle, the Horseshoe Cloister, the King Henry VIII Gate, the: Edward III Tower and more.
Inside, the decor and furnishings come from all the major eras. There are neo-classical, Gothic and rococo rooms as well as Jacobean in places, an elaborate combination of Jacobite and Elizabethan styles.
Tour the spectacular State Apartments, which date from the early 19th century, and marvel at the lavishly furnished surroundings. These rooms are considered to represent the high point of Georgian luxury and sophistication. Visit St. George's Chapel, which houses the tombs of a number of past kings and queens. Be amazed by the magnitude and intricate design of the world's most famous Queen Mary's Dolls House.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details.
- SAVE amount is calculated based on the exchange rate available on the product sourced date and is subject to currency fluctuation.
- Mandatory City Tax per person, per night may be payable direct. This tax has not been specified by the Supplier and therefore has not been added to the gross and advertised prices..