10 Night Kimberley Expedition Broome to Darwin
11 day Kimberley Expedition Cruise departing Broome.
10 nights accommodation onboard the Coral Adventurer in a Coral Deck.
All meals, morning and afternoon teas
House wine and beer with lunch and dinner service
Post-mix soft drinks
24 hours tea/coffee station
Guided tours on purpose built 'Xplorer' and inflatable zodiacs
Captain's Welcome and Farewell drinks
Access to islands, marine and national parks
Services of expedition staff
Port taxes and charges
Why not add 2 nights pre accommodation at Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa from an extra $560*.
Day 1 Broome
Board at 1630hrs and then at 1800hrs Our memorable cruise along the Kimberley coast begins in Broome today. This afternoon join our Expedition Staff for an informative introduction to the Kimberley before meeting your fellow travellers and friendly crew at the Captain's Welcome Drinks.
Day 2 Lacepede Islands
We cruise through Pender Bay and, subject to weather and tides; visit the Lacepede Islands, a series of low islands consisting of coarse sand and coral rubble lying atop a platform reef. This nature reserve has been identified by Birdlife International as an Important Bird Area as it supports up to 18,000 breeding pairs of Brown Boobies and Roseate Terns, possibly the largest such population in the world. Board the zodiacs and explore the island's lagoon, keeping an eye out for many species of marine birdlife including Australian Pelicans, frigate birds, egrets, gulls and terns. The islands are also renowned as Western Australia's most significant breeding grounds for the Green Turtle, often seen nesting on the islands.
Day 3 Horizontal Falls
Cruise through the Buccaneer Archipelago, home to over 800 islands. In Talbot Bay, the region's 12 metre tides create an amazing spectacle, the unique Horizontal Falls, described by legendary naturalist David Attenborough as "one of the greatest natural wonders in the world". Board the zodiacs for an exhilarating ride through the falls. Later, explore Silica Beach on Hidden Island with its stunning white sands and crystal clear waters.
Day 4 Raft Point
Cruising through Kuri Bay, home of the south sea pearl industry, we travel ashore at Raft Point and visit a secluded and very interesting Aboriginal rock art gallery to view Wandjina art and the mysterious Bradshaw Paintings (Gwion).
Day 5 Montgomery Reef to Doubtful Bay
Today savour a truly unforgettable moment as Montgomery Reef 'rises' out of the ocean as the tide ebbs. Join our Expedition Staff aboard the Xplorer and zodiacs to experience this natural phenomenon up close and discover the reef's diverse marine life including turtles, manta rays and reef sharks.
Day 6 Prince Regent River to King Cascades
We cruise the mighty Prince Regent River aboard Xplorer to breathtaking King Cascades, an unusual and picturesque waterfall cascading over terraced rock formations. Enjoy a picnic lunch at beautiful Camp Creek, where there is time for a leisurely swim in the fresh water pools. The more adventurous may wish to join a nature walk, keeping an eye out for native Kimberley birdlife.
Day 7 Careening Bay to Bigge Island
Explore Careening Bay which was named by Phillip Parker King after his ship 'HMC Mermaid' was careened during his second voyage of discovery in the Kimberley. Our lecturers lead us to the site of a large boab tree bearing the inscription "HMC Mermaid ? 1820", still clearly visible almost 200 years later. Guided beach walk and then discover the rock art gallery on Bigge Island, featuring fine examples of both Wandjina and Contact art.
Day 8 Hathaways Hideaway and Mitchell Falls
After anchoring in Winyalken Bay we travel ashore aboard Explorer to explore the maze of natural sandstone caves known as Hathaway's Hideaway. Later, helicopters are available for optional scenic flights over the Mitchell Plateau for close up views of the mighty four?tiered Mitchell Falls. This evening, enjoy a spectacular Indian Ocean sunset as we indulge in a gourmet Aussie Beach BBQ.
Day 9 Vansittart Bay DC3 to Jar Island
Join our Expedition Leader on a walk across salt flats to view the wreckage of a US Air Force DC3 which crash landed on the beach during WWII. Later, visit Jar Island and discover the island's outstanding rock art gallery. Our Guest Lecturers will point out fine examples of the Kimberley's mysterious Bradshaw Paintings (Gwion), dating back some 20,000 years.
Day 10 King George River and Falls
Today we discover the first of the Kimberley's 'big' rivers, the mighty King George. Aboard Xplorer, our specially designed excursion vessel, we'll explore scenic gorges, and in our inflatable Zodiacs we'll cruise close to the base of magnificent King George Falls, the tallest waterfalls in Western Australia towering some 80 metres above the river below. Later, we visit Tranquil Bay for beach walking and exploration. This evening we enjoy Captains Farewell Drinks.
Day 11 Darwin
Our unforgettable cruise along the Kimberley coast concludes in Darwin this morning.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 July 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- 20% non refundable deposit to be made within 7 days of booking.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..