First Passage to the West Highlights, 6 Nights
Chose from One of the following:
Embark on a journey of luxury and romance to Canada's most-talked-about destinations, Banff, Lake Louise.
Day 1 Vancouver Arrival
Arrive in Vancouver and spend time exploring this scenic city on your own. Overnight in Vancouver.
Day 2 Vancouver Sightseeing
Today, select your choice of one of four activity options: Enjoy a six-hour sightseeing tour of Vancouver's spectacular North Shore. Travel across the Lions Gate Bridge and into the Coast Mountains. Experience the Capilano Suspension Bridge and Treetops Adventure, discovering the coastal temperate rainforest and British Columbia's Indigenous heritage. Next, visit Grouse Mountain (gondola admission included), the Peak of Vancouver, and take in breathtaking views of the city, ocean, and surrounding mountains. Includes hotel pick-up/drop-off transportation.
Enjoy a five-hour guided cycling tour of Vancouver's highlights, and experience the best of Vancouver food, history, ecology and culture while being active. The 23km ride takes in the seawall and rainforest of Stanley Park, English Bay, Granville Island (including the Aquabus ferry), False Creek, Chinatown, Gastown, and Coal Harbour. Includes helmet and bicycle rental. Please note: Guests' heights needed to arrange appropriately-sized bicycles, and guests will need to make their own way to/from 648 Hornby St. for the tour.
British Columbia's mild climate and unique geographic location, tucked between mountains and sea, provide the province with an abundance of amazing culinary bounty which guests will explore on this in-depth "Made in BC" Vancouver food tour on Granville Island. In the company of an experienced local chef or food writer (maximum six guests/docent), this 2.5 hour walk will get under the skin (or peel) of this fascinating and delicious world as intellectually curious guests tour the market, meet some of the local producers and taste their delicious wares. Please note: Include any dietary restrictions or allergies, and the docent will adapt accordingly, as there are several tastings of fish or seafood, and guests will need to make their own way to/from 126 Davie St. for the tour.
Experience the Howe Sound coastline from a 30 ft. rigid hull inflatable boat on a "Sea Safari". With the refreshing sea mist in their faces, guests will take in the towering cliffs of Anvil Island, the seals at play at Pam Rocks, the caves of Bowen Island, and many more picturesque sights only seen from the water. Spend an unforgettable 2 hours cruising along the water's surface, surrounded by BC's unique Coastal Mountains, taking pictures with seals bathing in the sun, or cruising through the waves on our natural roller coaster. Includes hotel pick-up/drop-off transportation.
Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure to explore Vancouver. Overnight in Vancouver.
Day 3 Vancouver to Kamloops
Travel onboard the Rocky Mountaineer from the coastal city of Vancouver to Kamloops, in the heart of British Columbia's interior. On today's journey you will see dramatic changes in scenery, from the lush green fields of the Fraser Valley, through forests and winding river canyons surrounded by the peaks of the Coast and Cascade Mountains, to the desert-like environment of the BC interior. Highlights include the rushing waters of Hell's Gate in the Fraser Canyon and the steep slopes and rock sheds along the Thompson River. Your day concludes as the Rocky Mountaineer travels along the shores of Kamloops Lake into Kamloops. Overnight in Kamloops.
Day 4 Kamloops to Lake Louise
Your journey continues Eastward to the mighty Canadian Rockies and the province of Alberta. Once again you will see a spectacular array of scenery as you travel across ranchlands, along rocky lakeshores, over high mountain passes and through the remarkable tunnels that form part of the rich rail history of the Canadian Rockies. Today's highlights include Craigellachie, where the last spike of the Canadian Pacific Railway was driven, the climb over Rogers Pass, Kicking Horse Canyon, the Spiral Tunnels and, of course, the glaciers and snow-capped peaks of the Canadian Rockies. Your rail journey ends this evening in the mountain hamlet of Lake Louise. Overnight in Lake Louise.
Day 5 Lake Louise to Banff
This morning you are free to explore beautiful Lake Louise on your own. After lunch, a half-day tour takes you into Yoho National Park to view some of its natural wonders. Among the attractions are the Spiral Tunnels, Emerald Lake and a natural rock bridge that spans the Kicking Horse River. At the end of the tour you will be transferred to Banff. Overnight in Banff. Please note: While departure from The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise will be approximately 2:00 p.m., scheduled checkout time is normally 12:00 p.m. Your luggage will be stored upon checkout and you are free to enjoy the amenities of the hotel before the tour departs.
Day 6 Banff to Calgary with Panoramic Helicopter Tour
Today you will enjoy a full-day tour concluding in Calgary. Begin the morning with a sightseeing tour of Banff. Among the points of interest are Bow Falls, Surprise Corner and the Hoodoos. Banff Gondola included. Continue on to Kananaskis for the highlight of today's adventure, a 12-minute Panoramic Helicopter Tour over the remarkable landscape of the Rockies. Overnight in Calgary.
Day 7 Calgary Departure
Your journey ends upon checkout from your Calgary hotel.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..