Best of New Zealand, 18 Days
Departure dates & prices
Day 1 Auckland.
On arrival in Auckland you'll have time at leisure for relaxing or exploring. This evening, meet your Travel Director for a Welcome Reception at your hotel.
Day 2 Auckland to Bay of Islands.
Travel through Northland's lush farmland, arriving this afternoon in the stunning Bay of Islands. Experience spectacular scenery as you cruise through game-fishing waters to the rugged Cape Brett Peninsula.
Day 3 Bay of Islands.
Included Choice Today, choose one from a range of Included Choice sightseeing experiences. Go sailing aboard a historic tall ship or take a mini tour of historic Russell. Explore the Waitangi Treaty Grounds or enjoy a relaxing tour of Kerikeri and sample organic wines, and taste delicious chocolates.
Day 4 Bay of Islands to Auckland.
Enjoy time at leisure before returning to Auckland. Your journey takes you to Whangarei and then Parry Kauri Park to walk among New Zealand's native forest giants. Enjoy a Highlight Dinner at Eight restaurant at The Cordis.
Day 5 Auckland to Rotorua.
See the sights of Auckland and then head south to the Waitomo Caves, where you'll glide through the twinkling Glowworm Grotto.
Day 6 Rotorua.
Included Choice This morning embark on one of your Included Choice sightseeing experiences. Unwind at the Polynesian Spa, tour the Whakarewarewa Thermal Reserve, visit the Hobbiton movie set, explore Rotorua and its sparkling lakes in an amphibious WWII-era Duck or take an ancient forest zipline adventure with Canopy Tours. Maori Tonight enjoy a Highlight Dinner and concert at the Tamaki Maori Village, where you can wander through the traditional settlement and enjoy an authentic Maori Hangi meal.
Day 7 Rotorua to Wellington.
Say Haere Ra (goodbye) to Rotorua this morning and journey out through pine forests and farmland to a hidden little spot, Huka Falls. From here the road unfolds into a broad panorama of Lake Taupo, New Zealand's largest lake. Journey south over the Central Plateau and along the Kapiti Coast to New Zealand's capital city, Wellington. Enjoy an exclusive after-hours guided tour of Te Papa Museum of New Zealand. Before leaving there, top off the night with a Highlight Dinner.
Day 8 Wellington to Blenheim.
Discover more of Wellington this morning. Later, cruise the Cook Strait into tranquil Queen Charlotte Sound then travel to the villages of Picton and sunny Blenheim. Tonight, enjoy a Highlight Dinner prepared from local produce and matched with fine Marlborough wines.
Day 9 Blenheim to Christchurch.
Travel to Kaikoura, where sperm whales can often be seen not far from shore (an optional whale-watching flight is available). On arrival in Christchurch see the extensive work carried out to rebuild the city after the earthquake of 2011.
Day 10 Christchurch to Twizel.
Be my guest dining experience Visit Morelea, the home of Angie and Stan Taylor, on the shores of Lake Tekapo. Enjoy a Be My Guest barbecue lunch in their garden and gain an insight into a lifetime of farming. This afternoon view the famed Church of the Good Shepherd on Lake Tekapo.
Day 11 Twizel to Dunedin.
Head to Oamaru, with its celebrated white limestone buildings. Then make your way to New Zealand's southernmost city, Dunedin. Included Choice Choose one from a range of Included Choice sightseeing experiences. Tour stately Larnach Castle, ride the historic Taieri Gorge Railway, take a wildlife cruise or an interactive tour of Speight's Brewery.
Day 12 Dunedin to Te Anau.
Today, travel through lush green sheepgrazing country on your way to Te Anau.
Day 13 Te Anau to Queenstown.
Experience the magnificence of Fiordland National Park. Explore Milford Sound on a Nature Cruise. Learn about the history of the region and benefit from the knowledge of your specialist nature guide.
Day 14 Queenstown.
Included Choice Today, choose one from a range of Included Choice sightseeing experiences. Ride the Shotover Jet, take a gondola to Bob's Peak for thrilling luge rides, visit Kiwi Birdlife Park or take a 4WD minibus through Skippers Canyon. Enjoy a cruise this evening across Lake Wakatipu aboard the TSS Earnslaw to Walter Peak High Country Farm for a gourmet barbecue Highlight Dinner.
Day 15 Queenstown to Franz Josef.
Stop to visit the faithfully-restored gold mining settlement of Arrowtown, and enjoy the tastes of stone fruit at Cromwell. You will then travel over Haast Pass and view Thunder Creek Falls on your way to Franz Josef Glacier.
Day 16 Franz Josef to Punakaiki.
Explore the glacier this morning, then travel to Hokitika, home of New Zealand's famous greenstone, then on to Punakaiki. You'll spend the night in an eco-friendly resort right on the waterfront.
Day 17 Punakaiki to Christchurch.
Board the iconic TranzAlpine train this afternoon and embark on one of the world's most scenic rail journeys. Back in Christchurch, join your Travel Director for a Farewell Dinner.
Day 18 Christchurch.
Say farewell to your fellow travellers when your holiday comes to an end this morning after breakfast.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on Twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare will include seat and bag or equivalent.
- Surcharge will apply if booking class is not available. Up to $1300 per person non-refundable deposit plus any airfare surcharge are required at time of booking.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..