Thala Beach Nature Reserve
Thala Beach Nature Reserve is a deluxe family-owned eco and wildlife retreat with 58 hectares of native forest adjacent to secluded Oak Beach. Conveniently located 45 minutes drive north of Cairns and 15 minutes south of Port Douglas, guests enjoy the best of the tropics from this private paradise. Sitting atop a headland with breathtaking ocean and mountain vistas, Thala Beach Nature Reserve provides an island-feel experience and is the ideal base for exploring the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest. Thala has proudly achieved the highest accreditation of eco-certification through sustainable practices and environmental sensitivity. Boutique timber bungalows are built high on stilts within the forest canopy providing a private and unobtrusive approach to nature. All bungalows enjoy ocean, mountain or forest views. Time spent relaxing on the timber-decked verandas is enhanced by sightings of birds, butterflies, wallabies, possums and sugar gliders. Granite boulders, waterfalls and overhanging trees create natural swimming pools blending discretely within the environment. Paths wind through rainforests and woodlands, connecting with secluded coves and beaches, passing through habitats for endemic birds, wildlife and flora. Osprey Restaurant offers panoramic vistas across the sparkling waters of the Coral Sea and the World Heritage-listed forests that clad the coastal ranges. Guests and visitors dine among the birds in the surrounding treetops while enjoying modern Australian cuisine with friendly service. Guests also enjoy complimentary guided nature tours by onsite rangers including tree planting, stargazing at an outdoor observatory, coastal discovery, wildlife & nature walks, birds & butterflies walks. Our completely organic 650 tree coconut plantation is home to a unique coconut odyssey tour highlighting the extraordinary qualities of the tree of life. Magical moments are created at Thala Beach Nature Reserve. A feeling of unspoiled wilderness sets the ambiance; yet it is only 15 minutes into the centre of Port Douglas. It is private and exclusive. A special combination of beauty, wilderness and seclusion awaits you.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..