Joburg to Falls, 12 Days, SAVE $139*
Valid for select departures 1 August 2019 - 31 March 2020
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
12 day tour departing Johannesburg.
1 night accommodation in a Dormitory (upgrade available).
10 nights Camping.
Tents and sleeping mats provided.
10 breakfast, 10 lunches and 9 dinners.
Park entry - Victoria Falls.
All camping fees and appropriate equipment.
3 person crew.
Fully equipped overland truck for transportation and game drives.
Arrival transfer from Johannesburg Airport.
WAS $1395*, NOW $1256*, SAVE $139*.
Local Payment Please note an additional local payment fee of USD $590 is applicable.
This will be charged on arrival.
Day 1 Johannesburg. Welcome to South Africa You will be met upon arrival at Johannesburg Airport by our representative and transferred to the backpackers for the first night. At 5pm there will be a pre-departure meeting where you will meet your tour leader and the rest of your group. Day 2-3 Johannesburg to Kruger National Park. Leaving Johannesburg we will pass through the southern section of the picturesque Panorama Route. Our camp for the next two nights is a short drive from the Kruger Park Gate and has some interesting local residents that include hippo, giraffe, zebra and impala. Tonight we take an evening game drive. On day 3 we further explore the amazing Kruger National Park in our truck. Covering 19 485 km2 - 60 km wide and over 350 km long, this conservation area has more than 146 mammals, 500 bird, 114 reptile, 33 amphibian & 49 fish species. 23 000 different types of plants have been recorded. We spend the day driving around the park on the look out for these. Day 4 Kruger National Park to Blyde River Canyon to Polokwane. Today we take a long, scenic drive to Polokwane stopping at some of the best scenery in South Africa, including Blyde River Canyon and God's Window on the way. Later we set up our tents on the lush green grass of our campsite located outside of the city before enjoying a dip in the lovely swimming pool. Day 5 Polokwane to Tshipise. Today we continue our journey north toward the border with Zimbabwe. Sit back and enjoy the changing scenery on this long drive to the beautiful town of Tshipise. Located between rolling hills and well known for it's natural hot water springs, Tshipise has various walking trails to enjoy or you can relax in the pools this evening. Day 6 Great Zimbabwe Ruins. We cross the border into Zimbabwe this morning, a truly beautiful country with incredible history and tradition. Arriving to the town of Masvingo, our stop for the night, we then head out to explore the Great Zimbabwe Ruins. According to legend these ruins were the capital of the Queen of Sheba and were inhabited by the Bantu civilization of the Shona between the 11th and 15th century. You'll have an opportunity to explore these incredible ruins, including the 8 statues of stone birds carefully carved from soapstone, before we return to our campsite for the evening. Day 7 Masvingo to Bulawayo. Departing Masavingo we head north to Bulawayo, Zimbabwe's second largest city. With wide sweeping roads and with several the buildings still retaining their British Colonial feel there is lots to see and do in Bulawayo. During your free time you might want to visit the Natural History Museum, the National Arts Gallery or the Mzilikazi Arts and Crafts Centre. Day 8 Matobo National Park. This morning we head for Matobo National Park, one of the few remaining areas in the world inhabited with both Black and White Rhino. Within the park there is also a high concentration of the elusive leopard and impressive black eagle. The ancient San inhabitants of this area are also evidenced by some incredible rock paintings located within the national park. We'll enjoy the day exploring this fascinating and often unique geological, ecological and historic area. Later we return to our campsite near Bulawayo. Days 9-10 Hwange National Park. We head northwest today to Zimbabwe's largest and longest running reserve, Hwange National Park, on day 9. Well known for it's abundance and variety of wildlife including thousands of elephants and rare antelope species such as Sable and Roan Antelope. Hopefully you'll spot some of these stunning creatures on our game drive today. On day 10 we'll enjoy a full day exploring Hwange National Park. Covering an area of over 5,600 square miles, Hwange was founded in 1928 as a game reserve and became a National Park in 1961, it is home to 400 species of bird and 107 types of animal. On our game drives today we'll hope to spot some of these animals, including lions, cheetahs, giraffe and hyenas. Day 11 Victoria Falls. This morning we continue to the border of Zimbabwe and our destination Victoria Falls. A 20 minute walk from our campsite takes you to the entry point of the falls. Victoria Falls, or Mosi-oa-Tunya (the Smoke that Thunders), was named by David Livingstone on his explorations, and is one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. Later we relax at the campsite's swimming pool, view the Victoria Falls, or explore the many sights and delights of this town Day 12 Victoria Falls. Saturday. After breakfast, we exchange addresses and part ways, having just experienced a trip of a lifetime We suggest booking additional days after your trip to take advantage of the optional excursions available at Victoria Falls.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 May 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin or multi share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details.
- Please note an additional local payment fee of USD $590 is applicable. This will be charged on arrival..