The Ghan - Red Centre & Top End Explorer, 4 Nights, Gold Service
2 nights onboard the The Ghan, Gold Service, Twin Cabin from Adelaide to Darwin.
All meals plus standard wines, beers, spirits & soft drinks onboard the train.
Off Train Excursions and Outback Experiences on The Ghan.
2 nights accommodation at the 5-star Mindil Beach Casino and Resort in a Deluxe Hotel Room.
Charles Darwin Sunset Buffet Cruise.
Why not add a return flight home. Ask your consultant for details.
Why not add 1 night's pre-accommodation in Adelaide from an extra $123*.
The accommodationItinerary: Adelaide - Marla - Alice Springs - Katherine - Darwin
Travel aboard The Ghan between Adelaide and Darwin on the all-inclusive Outback Spirit journey.
Day 1 Adelaide
Departing Adelaide, what lies ahead is rugged, beautiful and spectacular - through the Red Centre to the tropical north of Australia. Settle into your cabin and watch the rolling pastoral lands of South Australia from your window, or meet your fellow travellers in the lounge car. Before long some of the oldest rock formations in the world, the Flinders Ranges, come into view. As darkness envelops the rugged outback, it's time to indulge in a regionally-inspired dinner and all-inclusive fine wines and beverages.
Day 2 Alice Springs
Begin with a freshly brewed coffee or juice as the day dawns at Marla, an outback outpost in the remote reaches of South Australia. It is here, deep inland, that you will enjoy a one of a kind experience, as you watch the desert come to life at sunrise. All aboard for brunch as you make your way through the MacDonnell Ranges to Alice Springs where a choice of Off Train Excursions awaits. Alice is an iconic Red Centre outpost. 1,500 kilometres from the nearest major city, it may be remote, but offers plenty to explore - home to doctors who fly, rivers that run dry, and a cast of colourful characters. Your time in the 'capital out of the outback' offers numerous opportunities to explore its historic legacy and unique environment.
Day 3 Katherine and Darwin
Your day dawns in the tropical north. The pristine wilderness of Katherine is stirring and powerful, and you'll have the chance to explore it from the water or land with your choice of off train experiences. Cruise the jaw-dropping Nitmiluk Gorge, learn more about its ancient Indigenous rock paintings and gain insight into the culture of the traditional owners of Nitmiluk, the Jawoyn people, or discover authentic outback life on a cattle station. As evening falls, arrive in Darwin and spend two days exploring the city to complete your epic Australian journey.
Day 4-5 Darwin
Explore the tropical city of Darwin over the next two days and enjoy its magnificent sunset aboard a Sunset Dinner Cruise aboard the Charles Darwin. It's a great way to get a birds eye view of the famous Darwin sunset whilst enjoying a delicious Territory style buffet with Australian seafood and local produce all in air-conditioned comfort.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 9 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..