Classic Scotland Self Drive, 8 Days
The accommodationDay 1 Edinburgh to Stirling
Welcome to Scotland! After you pick up your car, drive the short distance to Stirling. Visit Stirling Castle, one of the most beautiful castles in Scotland situated upon a volcanic plug with a wonderful view over Stirlingshire, or you may choose to visit Bannockburn a new, interactive visitor centre depicting one of the most important battles in Scottish history or the Wallace Monument, commemorating William Wallace, famous from the Braveheart film. Overnight in the Stirling areaDay 2 Stirling to Loch Lomonf to Oban
This morning leave Stirling and drive towards the west coast via Loch Lomond, the largest lake in the whole of Great Britain and known for the tranquil beauty of its wooded shores and islands. Continue north west along Loch Fyne and its beautiful landscape. Pass by Inveraray Castle and the charming homeland of the Duke of Argyll, the head of the Campbell Clan on your way to Oban. The castle testifies to the power and wealth of the Campbells, one of the most powerful of the Highland Clans. Or you can choose to travel via the rugged landscape of Rannoch Moor and Glencoe, one of the most scenic valleys in Scotland. Overnight in Oban or Fort William or area.Day 3 Fort William to Isle of Sky
This morning drive north and take a ferry from Mallaig to the Isle of Skye or continue via Loch Lochy to Kyle of Lochalsh and take the bridge to the Isle of Skye, the largest and most scenic of the Hebridean Islands. Overnight on the Isle of Skye.Day 4 Loch Ness to Inverness
Travel east today for Eilean Donan Castle, one of the most iconic images of Scotland. Continue for the Inverness area via Loch Ness. You may choose to stop at Urquhart Castle, which is magnificently situated on the banks of Loch Ness. If you dare, take a cruise on Loch Ness, most famous for the elusive monster! Overnight in Inverness or area.Day 5 Invernes to Pitochry to Perth
This morning, drive east of Inverness where you can visit Cawdor Castle and its beautiful gardens, or drive south via Aviemore where you can explore the impressive Cairngorm Mountains located in the Cairngorm National Park. Continue to Pitlochry where you may choose to visit the smallest distillery in Scotland, the Edradour Whisky Distillery. Why not stroll through the Victorian village before travelling south towards Perth. Overnight in Perthshire or area.Day 6 St Andrews to Fife to Edinburgh
Today, visit St Andrews, named after Scotlands patron saint. St Andrews is the famous home of golf, played on the Old Course since the 15th century. Continue along the coast via the small fishing villages of Elie and Pittenweem. Cross the Forth Bridge with its spectacular views of the Firth of Forth. Return your hire car at Edinburgh Airport, and transfer to your hotel in the Edinburgh area for overnight.Day 7 Edinburgh
Welcome to Edinburgh! Spend the day soaking up the atmosphere of this exciting city. Visit some of its many attractions such as famous Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile and the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the Royal Familys official residence in Scotland. Overnight in Edinburgh area.Day 8 Edinburgh
Return home from Edinburgh Airport or extend your stay in Edinburgh.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..