The Ghan Expedition, 3 Nights, Gold Service
3 nights onboard the The Ghan, Gold Service, Twin Cabin Darwin to Adelaide.
All meals plus standard wines, beers, spirits & soft drinks onboard the train.
Off Train Excursions and Outback Experiences on The Ghan.
BONUS Early Bird Reduced Rate - SAVE $810* per person on The Ghan.
The accommodationItinerary: Darwin - Katherine - Alice Springs - Coober Pedy - Adelaide
Ready yourself for an incredible, one-of-a-kind experience on The Ghan Expedition. Beginning in Darwin, this epic four day, three night, 2979km tour will take you to some of the most remote yet captivating parts of Australia in style and luxury.
Your journey begins with a morning departure from Darwin. Once you're settled into your private cabin, mingle with fellow travellers or sample the exceptional food, wine, and service onboard. When it's time for lunch, savour the regionally-inspired menu accompanied by a selection of all-inclusive wines and beverages, before an early afternoon arrival at the Top End township of Katherine. Choose between a relaxing cruise through Nitmiluk Gorge's ancient natural wonders and exploring the region's rich Indigenous culture, or experience a glimpse into the lives of those who call the outback home, with a fascinating day of discovery on a huge cattle station. Enjoy dinner as the sun sets over the outback, then back in your cabin you'll find your bed turned down. Fall asleep as the train rolls soothingly onwards.
After your first night on The Ghan, you'll be greeted by a morning view of the spectacular Red Centre. A full day of excursions awaits you in the outback town of Alice Springs. An optional upgrade is a scenic flight to Uluru, returning in time to meet the rest of your fellow guests at a spectacular barbeque dinner under a million stars at the historic Alice Springs Telegraph Station.
From your morning stop at the outback outpost of Manguri, you'll venture into the weird and wonderful opal mining township of Coober Pedy, where more than half of the residents live underground. Here, you'll enjoy a day of discovery, and a gourmet lunch in the most unique of locations: underground. Dinner is served back on the train where you can enjoy a nightcap as your journey continues.
From your cabin window this morning you'll see a dramatic change in landscape, as the rich ochre tones of the outback make way for the green fields of South Australia. Enjoy a leisurely brunch as you pass through the majestic Flinders Ranges and prepare for your mid-morning arrival into Adelaide, completing one of the world's great travel experiences. In the smart southern city, you can extend your experience with a holiday package to the Barossa Valley, fascinating Kangaroo Island, or an expertly-curated tour of this food and wine loving capital.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Based on Early Bird Fare for rail bookings made 6 months in advance and is subject to availability. This fare is non-transfersable and non-refundable.
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..