The Great Southern - Island & Wildlife Explorer, 6 Nights, Gold Service
2 nights onboard the Great Southern, Gold Service, Twin Cabin Adelaide to Brisbane.
All meals plus standard beverages onboard the Great Southern.
Off train tours in The Grampians, Canberra and Northern NSW Coast.
4 nights accommodation at the 4-star Mercure Brisbane King George Square in a Mercure Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed.
A Premium Dolphin Feeding Day Cruise at Tangalooma Island Resort.
Croc Express to Australia Zoo.
The accommodationItinerary: Adelaide - The Grampians - Canberra - Northern New South Wales Coast - Brisbane
Step aboard the newest rail experience in Australia and explore a very special region in unparalleled style.
Be among the first to experience the Great Southern and its all-new journey between Adelaide and Brisbane. With its rugged coastline, sun-kissed beaches, forested peaks, and exhilarating capital cities, the stunningly diverse south-east feels like nowhere else in Australia.
As the train leaves Adelaide, take your time to settle in and get familiar with your cabin. Enjoy morning tea and then savour a relaxed lunch on board while watching the ever-changing landscape glide by. In the late afternoon, the train will arrive in regional Victoria where you'll have a chance to experience the spectacular wilderness of the Grampians region. Enjoy a breathtaking walk in the natural surrounds, take in the panoramic views of the Grampians from a lookout, or sample some of the region's best wines at local wineries. Your first day culminates with an off train dinner where you'll enjoy local produce and regional wines in a special Grampians setting before returning to the train for the night.
Spend the day exploring your choice of the National War Memorial and Parliament House, the National Gallery of Australia or the National Museum of Australia. Or, discover the delights of the Food and Wine Trail before returning to the train. Later in the day, relax and enjoy a delicious dinner and drinks in the lounge car before settling down for the night.
Choose your own adventure today with a variety of options to suit your fitness level and interests. After your morning by the ocean, enjoy a final lunch on board with your fellow travellers before arriving into Brisbane.
Cruise to Tangalooma Island Island for the day - one of South East Queensland's best kep secrets. Spend the day exploring and discovering all the great things about Tangalooma before finishing off with the highlight - hand feeding a family of wild dolphins. Watch them speed into the shallows each night, where they play together and entertain until it's time to be fed. Each one has its own special nature and you'll learn from the experts about their quirky ways. With access to some free Resort activities, there's so much to see and do!
Spend 4 nights in the Sunshine State's capital and experience a full day at Australia Zoo - made famous by the Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin. Get a glimpse of Australian native animals including koalas, wombats and kangaroos. Check-out giraffes, rhinos, zebras, cheetahs and the new meerkats at the African Savannah and majestic tigers and red pandas in south-east Asia.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..