Hawaiian Discovery Moderate
From 29/11/2020 to 16/12/2020
2 lunches (including Be My Guest).
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Aloha Welcome with a flower lei on arrival at Honolulu International Airport on Day 1.
A Trafalgar Bonus - All inter-island flights: Honolulu-Hilo, Hilo-Kahului and Kahului-Lihue including all airport transfers.
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Your choice of three hotel categories: Moderate, First Class and Premier accommodation including two-bedded rooms with private facilities, all hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Arrive Honolulu, Oahu - Waikiki (2 Nights) Embrace a tropical state of mind on this uplifting encounter with the best Hawaii has to offer. Your first brush with traditional Hawaiian hospitality begins this evening when you join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a local-style Welcome Reception.
Day 2 - Pearl Harbor and Honolulu Sightseeing Today we will visit the USS Arizona Memorial as well as the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific. Also today in downtown Honolulu we will see Iolani Palace, the King Kamehameha I Statue and State Capitol Building. The rest of the afternoon is free to explore the beach playground of Waikiki.
Day 3 - Oahu - Kona - Keauhou Bay, Hawaii (2 Nights) The next stop on our island hop through Hawaii is the Big Island. Following a scenic flight, enjoy an orientation tour of the lively seaside village of Kailua-Kona, once the holiday playground of Hawaiian royalty. Breathe in the rich aromas of coffee during a visit to a local coffee plantation with a Local Specialist. Then, meet another Local Specialist at your oceanside resort, whose Manta Ray Learning Center we will have an opportunity to explore before indulging in rich island flavours at Rays on the Bay.
Day 4 - Kona Free Time Take a moment and savour the calming sounds of the sea as you decide how best to indulge in a free day to explore Kona's beautiful landscapes. Relax in sun-kissed surrounds or ask your Travel Director for suggestions on how to tackle the great outdoors.
Day 5 - Keauhou Bay - Hawaii Volcanoes National Park - Hilo - Kaanapali Beach, Maui (3 Nights) Journeying past vast expanses of black sand beaches, we enjoy a quick stop at the southernmost bakery in the United States. We arrive in the UNESCO-listed Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and gain a deeper understanding of how the molten earth has shaped these volcanic islands. Walk through a real lava tube, then enjoy lunch at The Rim restaurant overlooking the billowing Halema'uma'u Crater. Later, travel to Hilo where you board your flight to Maui.
Day 6 - Maui Sightseeing Prepare for a full day of sightseeing on the Valley Isle, travelling along the tropical coast to Maui Ocean Center. Meet the centre's conservation naturalists who will reveal secrets of the underwater wonderland that preserves and protects such species as Pacific corals, Hawaiian green sea turtles and sharks. We leave the coast behind and journey deep into the countryside to visit a local farm and 'Make a Difference' as you learn about the sustainable agriculture on the islands. 'Connect with a Local' and toast to a traditional 'Be My Guest' lunch serving up Hawaiian specialties made with the freshest local ingredients. Spend the evening at leisure.
Day 7 - Maui Free Time Warm your heart and soul in paradise, spending the day at leisure exploring Maui on your terms. This evening, sip a Mai Tai and sway to the tunes of authentic Hawaii during a traditional Luau.
Day 8 - Maui - Lihue, Kauai (3 Nights) A leisurely start to your day will see you eventually board a short flight to the natural wonderland of Kauai. Set your watch to island time and get settled in at your beachfront hotel.
Day 9 - Kauai Sightseeing Sit back and let Trafalgar do the rest as you embark on a visit to Grove Farm Sugar Plantation, including a private tour of the home on this historic sugar cane plantation. We continue to Waimea Canyon to view the red, brown and green depths of 'The Grand Canyon of the Pacific.'
Day 10 - Kauai Free Time Enjoy a free day discovering Kauai and its many natural wonders. Consider a helicopter flight over the Na Pali Coast and Manawaiopuna Falls or immerse yourself in the laidback lifestyle of the locals. Our island hop through Hawaii almost at its end, we join our Travel Director and travel companions for a Farewell Dinner.
Day 11 - Depart Kauai For now it's a fond a hui hou... until we meet again. Take a transfer to the airport or consider extending your stay on Kauai. Sightseeing Highlights ORIENTATION of Honolulu, Kailua-Kona VISIT Pearl Harbor, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Kilauea Volcano, Maui Ocean Center, a local farm on Maui, Waimea Canyon, Grove Farm Sugar Plantation
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 November 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.