Canadas Rockies with Rocky Mountaineer Goldleaf Summer 2020
From 04/05/2020 to 12/10/2020
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Mon 04 2020 to May Mon 11 2020AvailableFrom$5,520*
May Mon 11 2020 to May Mon 18 2020AvailableFrom$5,650*
May Mon 18 2020 to May Mon 25 2020AvailableFrom$5,650*
May Mon 25 2020 to Jun Mon 01 2020AvailableFrom$5,675*
Jun Mon 01 2020 to Jun Mon 08 2020AvailableFrom$5,900*
Jun Mon 08 2020 to Jun Mon 15 2020AvailableFrom$5,900*
Jun Mon 15 2020 to Jun Mon 22 2020AvailableFrom$5,920*
Jun Mon 22 2020 to Jun Mon 29 2020AvailableFrom$5,920*
Jul Mon 06 2020 to Jul Mon 13 2020AvailableFrom$6,000*
Jul Mon 13 2020 to Jul Mon 20 2020AvailableFrom$6,000*
Jul Mon 20 2020 to Jul Mon 27 2020AvailableFrom$5,900*
4 dinners (including Be My Guest).
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Arrive Calgary Tip your Stetson to Canada's 'Cowboy Country', kick-starting your adventure through the inimitable Rockies in Calgary. This evening, gather at your hotel joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.
Day 2 - Calgary - Lake Louise - Jasper National Park (2 Nights) Embark on a spiritual encounter with the Canadian Rockies, admiring the ethereal beauty of Lake Louise, the surrounding summits and Victoria Glacier, before we continue along the Icefields Parkway. Skirt the craggy peaks, waterfalls and luminous glacial lakes keeping an eye out for grizzlies, elk and mountain goats as you make your way through the wilderness to Jasper.
Day 3 - Jasper Sightseeing Soak up pristine natural surrounds enjoying a morning at leisure. Perhaps join a rafting optional and float along the Athabasca River, pass-ing through many small sets of rapids as well as calm stretches. Your National Park licensed guide will point out the nat-ural and human his-tory of Jasper. In the afternoon, enjoy dramatic views as you take a guided walk to Maligne Canyon, one of the most beautiful gorges in the Rockies. Learn about the underground river system while following the canyon's trail past waterfalls and jagged rock formations. Take to the aqua waters of Maligne Lake later this afternoon (seasonal), admiring views of its three glaciers and Spirit Island, named by the Stoney Nation indigenous people for the experiences their ancestors had at this place centuries ago, a tiny grove of trees and pristine nature separated from the mainland by an isthmus. Spirit Island becomes a true island for a few short days during the summer. Later this evening, indulge in a Regional Dinner. The Maligne Lake Chalet is a rustic log building situated on a rise of land offering magnificent views of beautiful Maligne Lake in Jasper National Park.
Day 4 - Jasper - Athabasca Glacier - Banff (3 Nights) We crunch across the glistening icefield of Athabasca Glacier this morning, stepping aboard an Ice Explorer to learn about glaciers and their impact on the environment. Take a sip of ice cold glacier water and admire the surrounding snowcapped panorama before continuing your journey to the alpine village of Banff. Before dinner, you'll enjoy a rare opportunity to meet a retired Royal Canadian Mountie, dressed in the traditional red serge uniform. This Local Specialist will share colourful stories about life in the 'force' and even pose for a photo or two. Tonight, enjoy dinner with your fellow travellers.
Day 5 - Banff Sightseeing Learn the art of playing the puck like a pro when you meet a real Canadian hockey player in Canmore. Dive into Culture and embrace Canada's national sport, learning the secrets and superstitions of hockey players as a professional coach walks you through a day in the life of a player. Go inside the players' dressing room and put on the full hockey gear with help of a real coach. Grab your stick and it's off onto the ice where you're soon find out whether you are a lefty or righty and learn how to score the big goal. A sightseeing excursion around Banff reveals the exquisite natural beauty of the area. Admire the classic viewpoint of Surprise Corner, spectacular Bow Falls and the hoodoo rock formations.
Day 6 - Banff Reconnect with nature, with a free morning to spend as you please. perhaps join your Tour Director for an optional excursion to Yoho National Park on the western slopes of the Great Divide with a stop at Emerald Lake. Then it's onto the rugged Valley of the Ten Peaks and Moraine Lake, surrounded by mountains, waterfalls and rock piles. With its vivid shade of turquoise, that changes in intensity through the summer as the glaciers melt, makes for a jaw-dropping experience. We travel to the Guinn family ranch and Connect with Locals over a special Be My Guest Farewell Dinner in pristine surrounds. After dinner, twist, kick and bump your way to country line-dancing success.
Day 7 - Banff - Kamloops A sensational two day journey on-board the Rocky Mountaineer with a night in Kamloops. Your train journey through Canada's stunning Rocky Mountains begins as you head west to Vancouver.
Day 8 - Kamloops - Vancouver Continue your journey by rail through British Colombia to Vancouver. Upon arrival into Vancouver, your included transfer will take you to the Vancouver International Airport or the Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront. Airport arrival will be between 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., depending on rail traffic, please be aware when booking your flights. Sightseeing Highlights CITY TOUR of Banff VISIT Jasper National Park, ride aboard an Ice Explorer on the Athabasca Glacier, Banff National Park SCENIC DRIVE along the Icefields Parkway
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 July 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..