Festive King Ramses with Cruise - 13 Days
From 2021-12-17 to 2022-12-30
Breakfast daily, 3 lunches and 3 dinners.
8 nights 4-5 star hotels, 3 nights aboard 5 star Nile Cruiser (en suite cabin).
3 days in coastal Hurghada, Red Sea stay - Swim, sun and sand.
1 overnight train from Cairo to Aswan (Private 2 berth sleeper cabin).
Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 13.
Touring - Cairo, Giza, Saqqara, Aswan, Luxor and Hurghada.
Escorted by an Egyptian tour guide degree qualified in Egyptology.
All relevant transfer and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles.
Day 1 - Cairo Saturday. Welcome to Cairo, Egypt's bustling capital. You will be met at Cairo Airport and transferred to our start hotel. Spend the rest of the day at leisure, or those arriving early may wish to book our Backstreets of Cairo tour which visits lesser known highlights of the capital including Tahrir Square, the hub of the 2011 Egyptian Revolution.
You may also extend your stay in Cairo with our pre or post tour accommodation or tour add-ons like our Alexandria Day Trip.
Day 2 - Pyramids of Giza Get ready for a memorable day! Today we explore the legendary Pyramids of Giza and the iconic Sphinx at the Giza Plateau. Sole survivors from the ancient Greek-listed Seven Wonders of the World, the pyramids are the planet’s oldest tourist attraction! A stop will be made at a government supervised papyrus emporium, and then we travel on to explore the sand-strewn tombs and temples of the ancient necropolis of Saqqara, home to the Zhoser’s Step Pyramid.
Day 3 - Cairo Cairo - Aswan. This morning we’ll travel to the new Grand Egyptian Museum, which houses a giant exhibition containing the treasures of King Tutankhamun. Many pieces on show are being displayed for the first time and artefacts have been brought together from across Egypt and the world to this one location. The museum also makes use of new technology including virtual reality. Note: the Grand Egyptian Museum is set to open in 2020, though an official date has yet to be released. If travelling prior to the opening of the new facility we'll visit the Egyptian Museum instead.
There is time to relax before we board the overnight train to Aswan this evening.
Day 4 - Aswan This morning we arrive into Aswan and enjoy a short boat trip to Agilika Island for Philae Temple - dedicated to the goddess Isis and rescued under an enormous UNESCO effort in the 1970s to save the temple from the rising waters of the High Dam. Back in Aswan we visit a perfume oil emporium before check-in onboard our Nile Cruiser, which will be home for the next three nights. Later, there is free time to perhaps enjoy some shopping in the colourful souks and markets or simply relax in this attractive town which straddles the River Nile.
Day 5 - Abu Simbel Aswan - Nile Cruise. Optional early morning drive to Abu Simbel, the famous the rock-cut temple of King Ramses II, the Great Builder. We then return to our 5 star Nile Cruiser which this afternoon will cruise the River Nile to Kom Ombo where we disembark to visit the temple.
Day 6 - Nile Cruising Nile Cruise - Luxor. Relax, enjoy a swim in the pool and chill out in the sun on deck this morning. Let your troubles melt away as we cruise the River Nile to Luxor. Home of the legendary Valley of the Kings and Temple of Karnak, 4000 year-old Luxor is ancient Egypt at its best. Arriving into Luxor this afternoon the rest of the day is free to explore the city before we spend our final night aboard the cruiser.
Day 7 - Luxor This morning we disembark and check into our 5 star Luxor hotel. The day is free to relax and explore. Tonight, an optional visit is available to the Temple of Luxor – beautifully illuminated at night (book/pay locally).
Day 8 - Valley of the Kings Today we discover the West Bank of the Nile and the legendary Valley of the Kings and some its many tombs. Marvel at Colossi of Memnon, the massive stone remains of the Temple of Amenophis III, before exploring the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut and surrounding tombs.
After lunch, we visit the Temple of Karnak, a spectacular religious complex built on a gigantic scale, where you get lost wandering around the stone papyrus columns. The rest of the evening is at leisure.
Day 9 - Hurghada Luxor - Hurghada. Today we drive to the coastal town of Hurghada, which will be our base for the next few days. Hurghada is one of the Red Sea's most popular resorts and it is easy to see why. Hotels and expanded infrastructure provide holidaymakers with excellent aquatic facilities for sail boarding, yachting, deep-sea fishing, SCUBA diving and snorkelling.
Day 10-11 - Hurghada The next 2 days are free to explore Hurghada or simply relax. There's is an optional day trip to Giftun Island for swimming and snorkelling, which can be booked locally.
Hurghada’s central location provides a gateway to prime offshore reefs, which are some of the finest in the world. Hurghada also has plenty of restaurants and late night bars for evening entertainment. Just outside Hurghada is an ancient Roman quarry called Mons Porphyrites and Port Safaga – a famously windy place which is ideal for windsurfing.
Day 12 - Cairo Hurghada - Cairo. This morning we drive to Cairo where the remainder of today is free for you to relax or explore Egypt’s capital at leisure. Or you can opt to join us on a excursion to Khan el Khalili Bazaar, the ideal place for some last minute souvenir shopping.
Day 13 - Cairo Our holiday comes to an end and we bid farewell to our guide and fellow travellers. Included airport departure transfer.
For information about visas, top travel tips and much more, take a look through our travel guide.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans