the Rio Carnival - 6 Days
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Dedicated Carnival team on hand to provide assistance.
5 nights 3 star hotel in Rio's Flamengo district (twin/triple rooms).
Transportation by private bus and metro.
Street party experience at one of Rio's famous Blocos.
Evening of live music and dancing at Rio Scenarium.
Sector 11 ticket for the Sambadrome parade.
Rio city tour of Corcovado Mountain and Sugarloaf Mountain (unguided).
Day 1 - Rio De Janeiro Welcome to Rio Carnival, the world's biggest party! Please make your own way to our joining hotel. At 5pm or 6pm we have an important meeting where you receive your tickets, T-shirt, maps and souvenir booklet and have a full briefing on how to make the most of your time in Rio.
Following the meeting we have a table booked at a buffet restaurant nearby, so you can spend some time getting to know your fellow travellers. If you’re arriving early in Rio, we also have plenty of optional activities available including a walking tour of downtown Rio and a half-day Brazilian cooking class.
Day 2 - Rio De Janeiro Today we enjoy a tour of Rio, visiting the world-famous Christ the Redeemer statue on Corcovado Mountain and Sugarloaf Mountain, which rises almost 400 metres above Rio’s harbour and offers stunning views over the city and Copacabana beach. There will be plenty of free time to explore these iconic sites and we also aim to take in other landmarks such as the Maracana stadium, the iconic Selaron Steps and the impressive Lapa Arches.
Tonight we head to the vibrant neighbourhood of Lapa for a night of live samba music and DJ’s at Rio Scenarium. One of the Rio's greatest nightspots, this venue is an antiques warehouse, bar and restaurant all housed in one three-storey dance club.
Day 3 - Rio De Janeiro Join us this morning at one of Rio’s local ‘blocos’! These street parties are crowded, hot and lively, with live music, dancing and plenty of opportunities to get to know Rio and its people. The local ‘cariocas’ will be all dressed up, so be sure to glitter up and come dressed to impress!
Tonight we have the biggest event of the week – the Sambadrome parade! Situated in Sector 11, close to the action, we see the top samba schools of Brazil parade their elaborate floats and costumes, with the party going on well into the early hours.
Day 4 - Rio De Janeiro This morning is free for you to recover after an unforgettable night in the Sambadrome. Perhaps explore more of the city, hit one of Rio’s famous beaches or simply have a lie in! In the afternoon we have the option of a walking tour to Copacabana and Ipanema to give you a deeper insight into Rio’s diverse districts.
Tonight you have the option to re-visit the Sambadrome to see the last seven of the elite samba schools parading. This time we’re in Sector 5, in the centre of the parade runway, and to top it off you even have the chance to take part in the parade yourself. Dancing your way down the Sambadrome runway in costume is certainly a once in a lifetime experience! (It is important to pre-book these activities, see the Trip Notes for prices.)
Day 5 - Rio De Janeiro Today offers free time to explore the sights and sounds of Rio at your own pace. Perhaps relax on Copacabana beach, join another buzzing street party or ride the tram to the charming, hill-top neighbourhood of Santa Teresa. There are also some fun optional activities such as kayaking, paddle boarding or a jungle hike (prior booking is essential). Then this evening, why not catch a cultural dance show or enjoy a Caipirinha under the famous Lapa arches?
Day 6 - Rio De Janeiro Today marks the end of our time together in Rio! Hotel check-out is at 12pm. If you would like to extend your trip in Brazil and discover other sights such as the wildlife-rich Pantanal wetlands or the magnificent Iguazu Falls we offer tailor-made holidays and our reservations team can make the arrangements for you.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 November 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.