GRAND TOUR OF FRANCE
From 08/05/2022 to 15/10/2022
Breakfasts Included: 13.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 4.
Breakfasts Included: 13.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 4.
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN PARIS, FRANCE. Check into your hotel and spend free time strolling around Paris. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travellers.
Day 2 - PARIS-ROUEN-HONFLEUR-CAEN. Drive first to the historical capital city of Normandy, Rouen-one of the most prosperous cities of medieval Europe. Walk through its centre, rich in Gothic architecture. Next, visit lovely Honfleur, known for its picturesque port and houses with slate- covered facades. Continue to Caen. Today's Distance: 186 mi/ 300 km (B,D)
Day 3 - CAEN-NORMANDY LANDING BEACHES-BAYEUX-MONT ST. MICHEL. Time to see Caen before visiting the legendary beaches where Allied troops landed more than 75 years ago. Experience the most moving sites at Arromanches, St. Laurent, and the American Cemetery at Omaha. Next, journey to Bayeux, home to the famous tapestry, listed by UNESCO, depicting William the Conqueror's epic battle in 1066 (entrance fee extra). Then, on to the unique beauty of Mont St. Michel, which stands on an island accessed via a causeway. Today's Distance: 130 mi/ 210 km (B)
Day 4 - MONT ST. MICHEL-ANGERS-CHATEAUX COUNTRY. Time to enjoy a visit of Mont St. Michel before departing for Angers to visit its cathedral. Then, travel along the banks of the Loire River to reach the enchanting Chateaux Country. This evening, join an optional dinner at a local restaurant. Today's Distance: 236 mi/ 380 km (B)
Day 5 - CHATEAUX COUNTRY. Spend the day at leisure or take an optional excursion to see some of the most spectacular castles of the Loire Valley, steeped in the history of noblemen and kings since the 11th century. Gothic spires, medieval turrets, great fortresses, and beautiful chateaux make for splendid panoramas. (B,D)
Day 6 - CHATEAUX COUNTRY-LA ROCHELLE-BORDEAUX. This morning spend some time in the picturesque town of La Rochelle, situated on the Atlantic coast, then enjoy a scenic drive through the Bordeaux wine region. Stop for a wine tasting session at one of the celebrated cellars. Next, enjoy an orientation walk of the city centre of Bordeaux. Today's Distance: 273 mi/ 440 km (B)
Day 7 - BORDEAUX-DORDOGNE-ROCAMADOUR-TOULOUSE. Discover one of France's most scenic regions, the Dordogne. Stop in the medieval town of Rocamadour, dramatically perched high upon a cliff. Continue southwards to Toulouse. Today's Distance: 267 mi/ 430 km (B,D)
Day 8 - TOULOUSE-CARCASSONNE-PONT DU GARD-AVIGNON. Travel to Carcassonne for a walk in this well-preserved medieval town. Then, stop for a picture at famous Pont du Gard before reaching Avignon. Today's Distance: 217 mi/ 350 km (B)
Day 9 - AVIGNON-ARLES-AIX-EN-PROVENCE-FRENCH RIVIERA. Visit Arles, known all over the world for Van Gogh's paintings. Admire the famous Roman amphitheatre, then continue to Aix-en-Provence. Walk down its main street, the Cours Mirabeau, lined with plane trees in the French tradition, and the 17th-century palace, houses, and fountains. Finally, head to the French Riviera on the shores of the Mediterranean. Today's Distance: 186 mi/ 300 km (B)
Day 10 - FRENCH RIVIERA Take time to enjoy all the amenities of the French Riviera at your own leisure. Tonight, maybe join the optional "Monte Carlo by Night" excursion to see the Principality of Monaco. (B)
Day 11 - FRENCH RIVIERA-GRASSE-LYON AREA. First to Grasse to visit a traditional perfume workshop. See more of Provence and follow one of France's great panoramic routes, the Route Napoleon, which Napoleon took on his return from his exile in Elba in 1815. From Grenoble, join the expressway to the Lyon area. Today's Distance: 298 mi/ 480 km (B,D)
Day 12 - LYON AREA-BEAUNE-PARIS. Travel through the picturesque vineyards and fields of Burgundy to medieval Beaune, the region's wine capital since Roman times. Stop to visit the famous Hotel-Dieu. Return to the French capital of Paris. Today's Distance: 304 mi/ 490 km (B)
Day 13 - PARIS Discover the glorious ville lumieres (City of Lights) and its many boulevards and monumental buildings. On your included sightseeing tour, a local expert will guide you through Parisian history, tradition, and modern living. Optional excursions are also available to complete your experience. (B)
Day 14 - PARIS Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans