ULTIMATE ALASKA & THE YUKON
From 17/05/2022 to 04/09/2022
Breakfasts Included: 12.
Lunches Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 3.
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN ANCHORAGE, ALASKA Welcome to Alaska! Meet your Tour Director between 3 pm and 7 pm in the hotel reception area.
Day 2 - ANCHORAGE-WASILLA-TALKEETNA-ALASKA RAILROAD-DENALI NATIONAL PARK WASILLA Visit the Iditarod Headquarters. Scenic drive to Talkeetna, the starting point for climbers attempting to summit Denali, North America's highest peak at 20,320 feet. ALASKA RAILROAD Scenic train ride to Denali National Park. Your Train: The historic Alaska Railroad travels through Alaska's spectacular scenery. This upgraded experience in Deluxe Dome Service features confirmed seats in the upper-level dome car, priority seating in the dining room, and a private outdoor viewing deck. DENALI NATIONAL PARK [LF] Dinner at Murie Science & Learning centre includes a presentation by a local Naturalist. (B,D)
Day 3 - DENALI NATIONAL PARK DENALI NATIONAL PARK Tundra Wilderness tour in the park with a naturalist driver guide. Free time this evening. (B,L) ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Denali with a photo workshop. This and more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyAccount. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.
Day 4 - DENALI NATIONAL PARK-FAIRBANKS DENALI NATIONAL PARK Free time this morning. Lunch at the [LF] 49th State Brewery to taste some local specialties and play Alaska lawn-games. Scenic drive to Fairbanks in the heart of Alaska's interior. FAIRBANKS Orientation drive followed by free time this evening. (B,L)
Day 5 - FAIRBANKS FAIRBANKS Discovery sternwheeler scenic river cruise on the Chena River. Visit a Chena Indian Village. Visit the University of Alaska-Fairbanks Museum and stop at the Trans-Alaska Oil Pipeline. Free time this evening. (B)
Day 6 - FAIRBANKS-DAWSON CITY, YUKON FAIRBANKS Scenic drive over the Top of the World Highway to enter Canada's Yukon Territory, passing through the town of Chicken en route to Dawson City. DAWSON CITY Evening at Diamond Tooth Gerties featuring ragtime music, can-can dancers, and an old-fashioned casino. (B)
Day 7 - DAWSON CITY DAWSON CITY Guided sightseeing includes the Klondike Gold Rush Claim #1, where the first gold strike was made, and the Robert Service Interpretive centre to learn of the numerous poems and ballads he composed while exploring this remote area. Free time this afternoon and evening. (B)
Day 8 - DAWSON CITY-WHITEHORSE DAWSON CITY Scenic drive following the trail of gold seekers includes Five Finger Rapids en route to Whitehorse, the capital of the Yukon. WHITEHORSE Free time this evening. (B)
Day 9 - WHITEHORSE WHITEHORSE Guided sightseeing includes the Yukon Beringia Interpretive Centre, home to Ice Age giants. See the historic SS Klondike Riverboat. Visit with Iditarod and Yukon Quest trainers and huskies at [LF] Muktuk Adventures dogsled facility, followed by a special Taste of the Yukon dinner. (B,D)
Day 10 - WHITEHORSE-TOK, ALASKA WHITEHORSE Scenic drive past Kluane National Park, home to Canada's highest peak, Mount Logan at 19,625 feet en route to Tok, known as the "Dog Sled Capital of the World." TOK Free time this evening. (B)
Day 11 - TOK-VALDEZ TOK Scenic drive past Thompson Pass, Worthington Glacier, and Bridal Veils Falls en route to Valdez, known as the "Switzerland of Alaska." VALDEZ Visit the Valdez Museum to learn of the areas Native Culture, early explorers, the 1898 Gold Rush, and the 1964 Good Friday Earthquake. Free time this evening. (B)
Day 12 - VALDEZ-WHITTIER-ANCHORAGE VALDEZ Scenic cruise through Prince William Sound to Whittier includes a close look at the Trans-Alaska Pipeline Terminal, many massive glaciers, and abundant sea life. ANCHORAGE Farewell dinner this evening en route to Anchorage. (B,L,D)
Day 13 - ANCHORAGE Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans