Rockies Odyssey and Alaska Cruise, 22 Days
DAY 1 Arrive Vancouver.
Once you've landed, we'll take you to your hotel before tonight's welcome dinner. Stay: Two Nights, Vancouver, Fairmont Waterfront Hotel.
DAY 2 Vancouver.
SIGNATURE EXPERIENCE: After an exclusive breakfast at Capilano Suspension Bridge Park's Cliff House Restaurant, you'll join an insightful nature exploration through the grounds and across the suspension bridges. After your Signature Experience, you'll be taken to Vancouver's must-see sites, with your guide by your side to run through any questions you might have.
DAY 3 Vancouver to Rocky Mountaineer to Kamloops.
Board the Rocky Mountaineer and soak up your bi-level glass-dome carriage in GoldLeaf Service. Gaze up at the Coast Mountains and pass the waters of Hell's Gate. Follow the Thompson River on the way to Kamloops. Stay: Kamloops, hotel as assigned by Rocky Mountaineer (two or three-star hotels).
DAY 4 Kamloops to Rocky Mountaineer to Banff.
Your rail journey powers east towards the Canadian Rockies. See the engineering marvel of the Spiral Tunnels and traverse Kicking Horse Pass. Once in Banff National Park, head for the 'Castle in the Rockies', Fairmont Banff Springs. Stay: Two Nights, Banff National Park, Fairmont Banff Springs.
DAY 5 Banff.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE: Dining. This evening, dine at one of your hotel's restaurants.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE: Sightseeing. Today you may like to take part in the Banff Experience which includes a visit to the Cave and Basin National Historic Site. Alternatively, board the Banff Gondola, or set off on a heli-flightseeing excursion. Perhaps enjoy a float trip along Bow River, or learn to be a Canadian ice hockey player. Otherwise, spend some time at the Willow Stream Spa. Enjoy a Freedom of Choice Sightseeing activity this morning. This evening, dine at one of your hotel's restaurants.
DAY 6 Banff to Lake Louise.
SIGNATURE EXPERIENCE: This morning, meet a Mountie and listen to tales of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE: Dining. For dinner, choose one of your hotel's many restaurants. After your Signature Experience, set off on a tour through the town, and join the Trans-Canada Highway through Banff National Park to Lake Louise. Stay: Two Nights, Banff National Park, Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise in a Lakeview Room.
DAY 7 Moraine Lake to Lake Louise.
SIGNATURE EXPERIENCE: Later in the day, on the shores of Lake Louise, join an expert Mountain Heritage Guide and learn about the area's rich natural history. First up this morning, you'll travel to Moraine Lake, and spend time marvelling at the glacially fed waters. Look forward to a free evening.
DAY 8 Lake Louise to Athabasca Glacier to Jasper.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE: Dining. Choose where to dine at your lodge. Join the Icefields Parkway, one of the world's most scenic stretches of road. Pause at Peyto Lake, stop at Columbia Icefield and journey onto the surface of Athabasca Glacier. Continuing via Athabasca Falls, your day ends in Jasper. Stay: Two Nights, Jasper National Park, Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge.
DAY 9 Jasper.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE: Sightseeing. See the park on a Harley-Davidson motorcycle sidecar tour, embark on a Maligne Valley experience by hike or cruise, go rafting down the Athabasca River, or ride the Jasper Tramway. Spend the day on a Freedom of Choice inclusion.
DAY 10 Jasper to Mt Robson to Blue River to Sun Peaks.
SIGNATURE EXPERIENCE: Head for the Monashee Mountains, locally known as Grizzly Bear Valley, and set off on a Blue River Safari. A custom-designed boat, led by an expert guide, will take you over glacier-fed waterways for the chance to glimpse local bears. Take in views of Mt Robson as you travel along the Yellowhead Highway. Relax after your Signature Experience with dinner at your hotel. Stay: Sun Peaks Grand Hotel.
DAY 11 Sun Peaks to Whistler.
Follow the tracks of early gold rush pioneers through the Cariboo region, stopping at Seton and Duffey lakes. Later, re-enter the Coast Mountains and learn why Whistler attracts so many outdoor enthusiasts. Stay: Two Nights, The Westin Whistler Resort and Spa.
DAY 12 Whistler.
SIGNATURE EXPERIENCE: The heritage of Canada's indigenous people comes to light at the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre. Enjoy breakfast and explore the museum, discovering your First Nations 'animal spirit' with the help of your guide.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE: Sightseeing. This afternoon, maybe enjoy a floatplane flight, explore Whistler Mountain on a snowcat adventure, enjoy a mountain Jeep safari or ride the Peak 2 Peak Gondola. Adventurous ones may prefer a tree trek or a zip trek. Your day in Whistler is spent first with a Signature Experience, and then on a Freedom of Choice Sightseeing venture.
DAY 13 Whistler to Georgia Strait to Victoria.
Travel south along the Sea-to-Sky Highway to Horseshoe Bay. Take a ferry to Vancouver Island and the small city of Nanaimo. Continue to Chemainus, a town famous for its vibrant outdoor murals, before arriving in Victoria. If you'd rather forgo the journey by land and ferry, take a floatplane flight instead (own expense). Stay: Two Nights, Delta Hotels Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort.
DAY 14 Victoria to The Butchart Gardens.
SIGNATURE EXPERIENCE: Visit The Butchart Gardens before the general public are granted access, and enjoy breakfast in the original Butchart residence. On the final evening of your land journey, enjoy a special dinner with your fellow travellers.
DAY 15 Victoria to Vancouver, Embark Ship.
Return to Vancouver and board your ship for a cruise through Alaska's Inside Passage. Settle in and explore the ship. Stay: Seven Nights, Holland America Line's Koningsdam or Volendam.
DAY 16 The Inside Passage.
Spend a full day at sea as your ship passes fjords off the coast of British Columbia.
DAY 17 Juneau.
Alaska's picturesque capital, Juneau, is set at the foot of the mountain peaks on the Gastineau Channel, and outdoor activities are plenty. Disembark and explore at leisure or with an optional excursion (own expense).
DAY 18 Skagway.
Arrive in Skagway, the Inside Passage's northernmost point. See heritage buildings, now protected as part of the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park, and maybe set off on an excursion (own expense).
DAY 19 Glacier Bay National Park.
You might need to pinch yourself this morning - wake to the World Heritage-listed Glacier Bay National Park. Take in the calving tidewater glaciers and learn from local rangers who explain the geological wonders. If you're lucky, you might spot whales in the wild. Humpbacks and orcas are plentiful in these waters.
DAY 20 Ketchikan.
Disembark in the cheery town, Ketchikan, and spend the day exploring as you please.
DAY 21 The Inside Passage.
Head south through the Inside Passage.
DAY 22 Disembark Ship, Depart Vancouver.
As is with all good things, your trip must come to an end. Disembark and transfer to the airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..