Cambodia Explorer, 11 Days
Valid for select departures 21 September - 30 November 2019
11 day tour departing Ho Chi Minh City.
10 nights accommodation in a 3-star hotel.
Bamboo train ride in Battambang.
Guided sightseeing in Battambang, the Temples of Angkor and Tonle Sap Lake.
Services by an English speaking Vietnamese tour guide.
Private transportation in air-conditioned vehicles and public tourist bus from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh.
WAS $1295*, NOW $972*, SAVE $323*.
Day 1-2 Ho Chi Minh City. Welcome to Vietnam and the start of your adventure At 6pm your tour guide will host a welcome meeting in the hotel for you and your fellow travellers.
Day 2 offers free time to explore the sights of Ho Chi Minh. This city sees old and new collide, with gleaming skyscrapers and trendy restaurants mixed with ancient pagodas and colourful markets. Be sure to check out the historic Reunification Palace and the War Remnants Museum, as well as sample the city's tasty street food.
Day 3 Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh. Today we journey by public bus across the border into Cambodia. Arriving in the capital Phnom Penh, we check-in to our hotel and catch a tuk tuk to the Mekong River. Here we enjoy a scenic stroll and a drink at the Foreign Correspondents Club.
Day 4 Phnom Penh. Enjoy a free day exploring Phnom Penh independently or join one of our optional excursions. Our morning sightseeing tour visits the National Museum, the Silver Pagoda and the Central Market. Or, those interested in Cambodia's recent history can visit the Killing Fields and notorious Toul Sleng prison on our afternoon tour. Those feeling energetic can also visit the scenic Koh Dach Island on an optional cycling trip.
Day 5 Phnom Penh to Battambang. Today we journey to Battambang, a rural province known as the 'rice bowl of Cambodia', stopping enroute to visit a local pottery. Our next stop is the Phnom Sambov Mountain, with the golden Wat Sampeou at its peak. Half-way to the summit, we visit a group of caves once used as 'killing caves' by the Khmer Rouge that have since become a place of pilgrimage.
Day 6 Battambang to Siem Reap. Following breakfast, we take a visit to Battambang Market, which sells plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables. We then continue to a local village, known for its historic wooden houses, where Cambodian families give us a fascinating insight into local life. Next we take a ride on the famous bamboo train, a 2.5 x 4-metre raft-like device used by the locals to transport their goods, before driving to Wat Banan, one of the best-preserved temples of Battambang. Our final stop is Siem Reap, where the rest of the day is free to spend at your leisure.
Day 7 Siem Reap. This morning we explore Cambodia's biggest attraction, the magnificent Angkor Wat. The best-preserved of all the temples within the Angkor Complex, this three-tiered structure rises 65-metres above the ground. This afternoon we explore the ancient city of Angkor Thom, with the 12th century Bayon temple known for its giant stone-carved faces at its centre. Our last stop today is Ta Prohm temple, one of the most popular in the Angkor complex after appearing in the Tomb Raider movie starring Angelina Jolie. Slowly being overtaken by nature, the temple features vast tree trunks growing over its crumbling ruins. Returning to our hotel, the rest of the day is free to explore Siem Reap.
Day 8 Siem Reap to Tonle Sap Lake. After breakfast we visit Tonle Sap Lake and a cluster of villages known as Kampong Phluk. Built on the floodplain, the villages feature colourful houses built on stilts over the water. Returning to Siem Reap, enjoy free time this afternoon either checking out the atmosphere of Pub Street or browsing the stalls of the central market. You may also join us in the evening for an optional dinner and Apsara dance show.
Day 9 Siem Reap to Bangkok. It's a long journey today (10 - 11 hours), as we drive across the border into Thailand and on to the buzzing capital of Bangkok. After hotel check-in, spend the evening at leisure.
Day 10-11 Bangkok.
Day 10 is free to independently explore Bangkok. Perhaps visit the ornate Grand Palace and the city's museums. Or delve into the hustle and bustle of the street markets and experience its famous nightlife.
Day 11 marks the end of our tour. Depart at any time or, if you would like to extend your time in Thailand, we can arrange post-tour accommodation by request.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin or multi share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details.
- Entrance Fees: USD$45-55pp, paid in local currency..