Classic Cambodia, 6 Days
Valid for select departure 21 September - 30 November 2019
6 day tour departing Phnom Penh.
5 nights 4 star & special class hotels.
5 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner.
Economy class flight Phnom Penh - Siem Reap.
Guided sightseeing - Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and the Temples of Angkor.
Boat trip on Tonle Sap Lake.
Services by an English-speaking Cambodian tour guide.
Airport arrival and departure transfers days 1 and 6.
All transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles.
WAS $1045*, NOW $784*, SAVE $261*.
Day 1 Phnom Penh. Welcome to Cambodia Upon arrival you'll be met and transferred to our hotel. Enjoy free time before a group dinner this evening.
Day 2 Phnom Penh. Today we'll enjoy a guided sightseeing tour of Phnom Penh, starting at the National Museum of Fine Arts. The museum houses the world's finest collection of Khmer sculptures. We continue to the Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda, famed for its lavish decorations - the floors are paved with silver tiles and statues of Buddha are encrusted with thousands of diamonds. Later, come face to face with the horrors of the Pol Pot regime as we visit Toul Sleng (Security Prison - S21), a school that was gruesomely transformed into a torture chamber under the Khmer Rouge. Continue to the notorious Killing Fields, where over 10,000 people were executed.
Day 3 Angkor Wat. Phnom Penh - Siem Reap. This morning we fly to Siem Reap. Upon arrival we visit the Angkor National Museum for an introduction to Khmer civilization. This archaeological museum is dedicated to the preservation and presentation of Angkorian artefacts found locally dating from the 9th - 14th centuries. Next we visit the mother of all temples - legendary Angkor Wat, which is believed to be the largest religious building in the world, containing thousands of wall carvings and bas-reliefs.
Day 4 Siem Reap. Early this morning opt to see Angkor Wat bathed in the spectacular golden light of sunrise. Then we drive out to see the well-preserved temples of Banteay Srei, stopping at an exotic butterfly sanctuary, and the village of Preak Dak where you have the opportunity to plant a tree sapling as part of a local initiative to help low income farmers. Returning to the Angkor Temple Complex we explore the ancient city of Angkor Thom. The last capital of the Great Khmer Empire, it is home to the fascinating Bayon Temple, the Baphuon royal enclosure and the Terraces of the Elephants and Leper King. We continue on to Tra Prohm Temple, which unlike the other temples here has been left in the same ruined state that it was first discovered, with a tangle of trees growing out of its ruins. Tonight we attend the remarkable Phare NGO circus project which teaches children living on the streets how to become circus artists. Enjoy circus tricks and their interpretations of modern life and issues in Cambodian society in this popular show.
Day 5 Siem Reap. This morning we drive to Kampong Phluk, a cluster of three villages of stilt houses built within the floodplain of Tonle Sap Lake. After a boat trip on the lake we return to Siem Reap for free time. Pick up some last minute souvenirs at the central market or head down to lively Pub Street.
Day 6 Siem Reap. After breakfast and hotel check-out, an included departure transfer takes you to the airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin or multi share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details.
- Entrance Fees: USD$105-115pp, paid in USD in destination..