Pele Island Beach and Snorkelling Tour
You are greeted by our friendly Local Guide and Driver. This tour will give you the opportunity to visit one of Vanuatu's most beautiful islands. The drive to the northern part of the island takes about twenty minutes to almost half an hour. At Emua Wharf, you are escorted to your boat for the short 10-15 min trip to Pele Island. At the island you are welcomed by swaying palms, white sandy beach and crystal clear, turquoise waters and the sounds of a local string band in the background and the biggest smiles you'll ever see. Upon stepping ashore, the tour guide gives a brief on your schedule for the day and available facilities on the island. Once you are settled on the beach side and have found your relaxing spot, it's time to do some snorkelling at a beautiful reef site located 100m offshore. The area from this village on Pele Island to Nguna Island (next door) has officially been a Marine Protected Area since 2003 and fishing is prohibited in these areas therefore marine life is abundant. Onshore, a sumptuous barbecue lunch awaits you, prepared by our very own local chef Wawa (Uncle) George. Cold drinks are provided and Tusker beer is available at a cash bar.
After lunch and a siesta you are guided to the nearby village. Pele Island people are born of the sea. They make a living from its abundant waters but also consider its shoreline a marine playground. The turquoise beauty of the lagoons beckon you to snorkel virtually anywhere inside the reef on the island. A prolific abundance of tropical marine life, colourful fish and interesting corals can be viewed. See how the island people live and learn about their relaxed lifestyle. You will also have a chance to visit the local primary school and be entertained by their cheerful singing. Here, you can hand out your stationery goods to the children should you wish to.
After the village visit, you can head back to the beach. Take a snorkel, or a swim at your leisure or go for a paddle on our kayaks. Relax and enjoy the afternoon lazing on the beach. Afternoon tea of warm beverages and biscuits are then served before it's time to say goodbye to the people and the island.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..