Eastern Discovery (Start New Orleans - Apr 2020 - Feb 2021)(Twin Room,Start New Orleans, End New York City)
From 12/01/2021 to 15/02/2021
We'll get 17 of your meals and you get the rest.
You can refuel over breakfast and grab some authentic American dinners from us but you'll also get an opportunity to sample some of this country's cuisine.
You'll taste it all - from greasy burgers to gourmet fare.
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life.
An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps.
Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Day 1 - Arrive New Orleans Welcome to the first day of what might just be the best two weeks of your life. It's time to fully immerse yourself in New Orleans with a whole day to yourself. Start out at Cafe Du Monde for a tasty beignet, and pick up some treasures at the French Market. This diverse city has so much going on; visit the Garden District, spend a few hours in the soul kitchens and jazz clubs of the French Quarter or even hang out in Jackson Square with the musicians, artists and fortunetellers. There's a cooking school on offer for those keen to whip up some Gumbo, jambalaya and creole creations.
Day 2 - New Orleans to Panama City Beach via Mobile There's some coach relaxation time today, which means we're on the road again. We will be travelling though Southern Mississippi and onto Panama City Beach. Hello coastal views...Arriving in to the heat of Florida today we soak up some sun with an overnight stop at one of "The World's Most Beautiful Beaches" - Panama City Beach, testing out the hype with a dip in the clear blue waters.
Day 3 - Panama City Beach to Orlando With its white sand and aqua blue water, this beach is popular all year round with just about everyone from families to spring breakers. But all good things must come to an end, so onwards we go.Orlando was once a farming town but has since undergone a transformation into the most visited place in Florida. It is now home to the happiest place on earth, Disney World. Walt Disney's imagination was instrumental in turning this place into the fun, fantasy and amusement-loving spot that it is today. Savvy shoppers, this place has many an outlet mall just waiting for you to flex your credit card in - think rock-bottom prices on Nike, Ray-Ban, Lululemon and more - so prepare to do some serious bank balance damage.
Day 4 - Orlando How you spend today is entirely up to you. Will you be downing butterbeer in the Three Broomsticks at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter? Straining your vocal chords on slides with gradients that shouldn't be legal at a water park? Or cuddling up to childhood friends like Minnie and Mickey at one of Disney World's four parks? Whatever your choice, it's sure to be a ripper of a day, and seeing as most parks also offer themed bars and clubs, it techically doesn't have to end.
Day 5 - Orlando to Miami We'll bid adieu to the happy times had in Orlando with many fun memories and Mickey Mouse memorabilia as we move onto the sweet, sweet heat of marvellous Miami.Hot, loud and fabulously flashy, Miami will knock your socks off. This character driven place has so many diverse neighbourhoods, each with their own unique culture. We'll cruise downtown, taking in the Miami Heat basketball arena and the outdoor shopping mecca, Bayside Marketplace. Why not go a little Miami Vice on a Thriller speedboat tour of the bay? After experiencing a slice of the city's Cuban side with a mouthwatering dinner tonight (on us), take a stroll down the super cool South Beach and peruse the art deco buildings and bright neon lights, finishing up with a night of dancing amidst Miami's uber fun club scene. Want to make it a night to really remember? Opt for our boat party and cruise around Miami harbour, spending your evening like a celebrity.
Day 6 - Miami You'll discover energetic Miami today with free time to do as you please. This urban tropical paradise is a fabulous place to people watch, so head down to Ocean Avenue and drink it all in. Swimming, bike riding tours or museum visits are also on the cards this afternoon. Little Havana is a must see with Cuban flavours to taste, dominoes to be played and salsa music to be danced to. Tonight, get into the nighttime vibes once again, because well, why not?
Day 7 - Miami to St Augustine Today we leave the glitz of Miami behind & head north......to the quaint beaches & quiet allure of America's oldest inhabited city. As romantic as it is charming, we'll head across the cobblestone streets of St Augustine to the Old Spanish Quarter, and visit the iconic Castillo de San Marcos, a 300 year old fortress.
Day 8 - St Augustine to Savannah This morning we leave St. Augustine for Savannah, an other historic charming city.Oak trees & tropical plants line the landscape here, as we head to the riverfront to enjoy the nightlife. We'll soak it all in, including River Street and the City Market.
Day 9 - Savannah to Asheville Savannah, you've been good to us, but North Carolina beckons.We leave the coast behind and head to the hip mountain town of Asheville, nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Known for its vibrant arts scene, foodie culture and historic architecture we have two days to explore. Today we'll cruise through the Blue Ridge Mountains, check out the downtown, the Montford District and the Thomas Wolfe district and more.
Day 10 - Asheville Today we'll take a delectable foodie tour of Asheville, home to a rich culinary scene and heaps of breweries. After that, the day is all yours to explore the beauty of Asheville. Opt for an Electric Bike Tour, hop aboard some segways or even a paddleboard down the French Broad River.
Day 11 - Asheville to Richmond Leaving the mountains behind, we're off to Richmond aka RVACapital of the commonwealth of Virginia & home to the iconic University of Virginia Richmond is one of America's quintessential college towns - all pretty brick row houses, a buzzing street art scene and nitro-fuelled nightlife. We'll spend the day sightseeing, checking out the State Capital, historic Monument Avenue and the Poe museum, before hitting the town if you're in the mood.
Day 12 - Richmond to Washington DC Leaving Richmond behind, it's a short drive to the Nation's capital.Jam-packed with museums & monuments, we'll all but conquer the galleries, tasty eats & historical sites that frame this amazing city, starting with the Arlington Cemetery and Washington Mall.
Day 13 - Washington DC Today we'll get stuck into DC, visiting the world famous Smithsonian museums and soaking up a fascinating all-American story.
Day 14 - Washington to New York We don't know what's more exciting: the two days we just spent in D.C or the fact that The Big Apple lies ahead.Paying a visit to Philadelphia for some irresistible cheese-steak sandwiches, we'll wrap up this epic tour in stylish New York. Want to spend more time NYC? Why not jump on our New York Explorer trip? Miami Cuban dinner Asheville Asheville Food Tour Washington DC Visit the Smithsonian Museums of Natural History, Air & Space and American History
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.