Highlights of the Rockies & Alaska Cruise, 17 Days
Explore the highlights of the Canadian Rockies. Then board a Holland America Line cruise to discover the wonder of Alaska's spectacular scenery.
Day 1: Arrive Vancouver.
Fly into Vancouver, where you'll be met and transferred to your hotel in the heart of this cosmopolitan city. After settling in, meet with your Tour Director and fellow guests during a Welcome Reception this evening.
Day 2: Vancouver to Whistler.
This morning, discover Vancouver on a sightseeing tour. Explore this coastal city's best-loved attractions including the high-rise-framed waterfront and historic Gastown district. Then head for Whistler's spectacular mountain scenery.
Day 3: Whistler to Quaaout Lodge.
Today, travel through the vast landscapes of the Cariboo region from Whistler to Quaaout Lodge. Insider Experience: Gain an insight into the history of Canada's indigenous culture on an interpretive walk and enjoy a First Nations-inspired dinner.
Day 4: Quaaout Lodge to Banff.
Journey through Yoho National Park before arriving in Banff National Park. Visit iconic Lake Louise and, weather permitting, continue to nearby Moraine Lake.
Day 5: Banff.
Enjoy today at leisure to explore. If you're after adventure, consider joining a heli-flightseeing tour for aerial views of this breathtaking region. Perhaps watch for local wildlife on an exhilarating Bow River float trip or set off on a Banff Experience tour (own expense).
Day 6: Banff to Icefields Parkway to Athabasca Glacier to Jasper.
Journey along the Icefields Parkway and take in the region's rugged scenery. En route, stop at Athabasca Glacier for an exhilarating Ice Explorer ride.
Day 7: Jasper.
Enjoy the full day to relax or explore Jasper. Perhaps join a select experience. These include a Harley Davidson sidecar tour, a rafting adventure on the Athabasca River, or an evening wildlife experience (own expense).
Day 8: Jasper to Kamloops.
Journey to Kamloops and enjoy time at leisure to explore.
Day 9: Kamloops to Vancouver.
Upon arrival in Vancouver, enjoy some more time to explore this city's many attractions. This evening, join a Farewell Dinner with your fellow travellers.
Day 10: Vancouver to Seattle.
This morning after breakfast, you will transfer to Seattle to board your premium cruise ship. Settle into your cabin and enjoy time at leisure before dinner this evening.
Day 11: At Sea.
Enjoy the day at sea as your ship journeys through the beautiful Inside Passage.
Day 12: Juneau.
Today you'll arrive in the Alaskan capital of Juneau. Explore this historic gold rush town, join a dog sled ride, sample baked salmon or pan for gold (own expense).
Day 13: Hubbard Glacier.
Reaching the Hubbard Glacier today, learn about the longest tidewater glacier in North America, forging its way into the Gulf of Alaska's icy seaboard. Hubbard Glacier is known for its dramatic 'surges' as it advances rather than retreats further into Yakutat Bay each year. Dramatic ice calving and the surreal blue of the glacier's face are some of the natural wonders you may see.
Day 14: Sitka.
Spend free time today discovering the picturesque port of Sitka.
Day 15: Ketchikan.
In Ketchikan, perhaps join a walking tour or learn about Tlingit culture (own expense).
Day 16: Victoria, British Columbia.
Cruise through the Inside Passage, before arriving in Victoria.
Day 17: Disembark Cruise, Depart Seattle.
Disembark in Seattle and transfer to the airport for your onward flight.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 November 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- FLY FREE: Offer includes a free economy class airfare. Based on Air Canada in Economy class, including air taxes up to $180* per person from Australia. Offer is valid on the URVWVS17. ALL FLY/AIR OFFERS: Based on economy class with Air Canada or another airline of Travelmarvel's choosing from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth, subject to availability of the related airline booking class. Once sold out surcharges will apply.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..