Reflections of the Rockies & Alaska Cruise, 21 Days
Tour the Canadian Rockies by coach and the Rocky Mountaineer Train. Then board your Alaska Inside Passage cruise with Holland America Line.
Day 1: Arrive Victoria.
Your journey begins today upon your arrival in Victoria. Be met at the airport and then transferred to your hotel. After you check in and relax, you will meet your fellow guests and Tour Director at a Welcome Reception later today.
Day 2: Victoria.
This morning, enjoy a short orientation tour of Victoria before visiting The Butchart Gardens. Among the most famous gardens in the world, The Butchart Gardens are more than a hundred years old and have a distinctive style all of their own. Spend time wandering through the lovely Sunken Garden and relax in the beautiful settings of the Japanese Garden and the Italian Garden. Explore the plants and floral displays on show. Then, perhaps take a whale-watching cruise or a horse-drawn carriage tour (own expense).
Day 3: Victoria to Whistler.
Drive to the town of Chemainus before boarding a ferry across the Georgia Strait to Horseshoe Bay. Admire expansive views of the Coastal Mountains as you journey along the scenic Sea to Sky Highway, with a stop at Shannon Falls en route to Whistler. Insider Experience: Enjoy an indigenous-inspired feast at the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre and gain an insight into the heritage of the local First Nations people. Instead of taking the ferry, you may like to take a floatplane flight across the Georgia Strait to Whistler (own expense).
Day 4: Whistler.
Today is yours at leisure to explore. Perhaps enjoy one of the select experiences available to you. Take an incredible floatplane flight, tour Blackcomb Mountain on a Jeep Safari, or head up to the snowline of Whistler Mountain by 4x4 or snowcat. Other options include a gondola ride, an informative Tree Trek, an adventurous Zip Trek or a breathtaking helicopter flight (own expense).
Day 5: Whistler to Kamloops.
Journey to Kamloops and enjoy time at leisure to explore.
Day 6: Kamloops to Jasper.
The day ahead promises alpine scenery on your way to fairytale Jasper National Park. En route you'll pass the majestic Mt Robson, which is the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies, before continuing to the mountain resort town of Jasper.
Day 7: Jasper.
After breakfast today, you have the whole day to relax or explore Jasper National Park. There is no end to the excitement you can find in this beautiful region, so perhaps choose one of the select experiences on offer. You might like to take in the sights on a unique Harley Davidson sidecar tour. Alternatively, why not embark on a thrilling rafting adventure along the Athabasca River or join a memorable evening wildlife experience (own expense). This evening, enjoy dinner with your fellow travellers.
Day 8: Jasper to Icefields Parkway to Athabasca Glacier to Lake Louise.
Visit Maligne Canyon this morning and walk along its deep rocky caverns. Then, travel along the Icefields Parkway, considered the world's most scenic highway,and stop at the Columbia Icefield for an exhilarating Ice Explorer ride onto Athabasca Glacier. After, continue to Lake Louise, the 'Jewel of the Rockies'. Settle into The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and relax in spectacular surrounds.
Day 9: Lake Louise to Banff.
This morning, travel to the stunning mountainscapes of glacier-fed Moraine Lake (weather permitting) on your way to Banff. This afternoon, arrive in Banff with time to explore this charming alpine town on a sightseeing tour.
Day 10: Banff.
Enjoy today at leisure to discover more of this beautiful alpine resort at your own pace. If you're after adventure, then why not choose from a range of select experiences available to you. Consider joining a heli-flightseeing tour for aerial views of this breathtaking region, watch for local wildlife on an exhilarating Bow River float trip or perhaps set off on a Banff Experience tour (own expense).
Day 11: Kamloops.
This morning, board the worldfamous Rocky Mountaineer train and settle into your carriage with large panoramic windows forexpansive views of the fabled Rocky Mountains. Your journey takes you through the Spiral Tunnels, a historic engineering feat which snakes its way through the region. Then continue on through impressive Kicking Horse Canyon before arriving in the city of Kamloops late in the afternoon. There is time to settle into your comfortable hotel, explore, relax and dine this evening.
Day 12: Vancouver.
Rejoin the Rocky Mountaineer and continue your rail adventure west towards the Pacific Ocean. Along the way, enjoy incredible front-row views of the region's natural beauty. Taking in some of its many highlights, which include Fraser Canyon, the Coast Mountains and Fraser Valley. Late this afternoon, arrive in Vancouver where you will spend the next two nights. Settle into your centrally located hotel and enjoy free time to explore. Tonight, you might like to try a local restaurant for dinner.
Day 13: Vancouver.
Watch for bears and enjoy a delicious breakfast at Grouse Mountain. During your bear experience you will receive early access to Grouse Mountain, with opportunities to see the resident bears exploring their habitat before you sit down to breakfast. Later today, fall in love with the beautiful city of Vancouver and get to know some of its most vibrant areas and best-loved attractions, such as Gastown and Granville Island, on a sightseeing tour. Tonight, enjoy a special Farewell Dinner with your fellow guests.
Day 14: Vancouver, Embark Cruise.
After breakfast this morning, transfer to board your premium cruise ship. Enjoy time to relax and settle into your cabin before dinner onboard this evening.
Day 15: Inside Passage.
Enjoy a full day at sea at the beginning of your phenomenal journey. Relax and absorb the majestic scenery as your ship cruises past dramatic rocky headlands and glides over the frigid waters of the Inside Passage. You also have plenty of time to explore the facilities of your cruise ship and perhaps relax in one of the onboard public areas.
Day 16: Juneau.
Today your journey brings you to Alaska's capital, Juneau. There is time to explore the region's glacial terrain and gold rush history or perhaps choose to make your way to the town and explore the rustic shops located here. You may also like to experience an exhilarating dog sled ride over a glacier or try one of the other activities available to you. These include sampling delicious salmon baked over a fire or even trying your hand at panning for gold in this former gold rush town (own expense).
Day 17: Skagway.
This morning, you'll dock at the port of Skagway, which is located at the northernmost point of the Inside Passage. Skagway was once a frontier town and gateway to the Klondike and still celebrates its gold rush past to this day. You will find a variety of stores and saloons in town that capture the excitement and history of the gold rush days. Here, you will also have the opportunity to learn more about gold prospecting or to view some of the fascinating local wildlife on a tour (own expense).
Day 18: Glacier Bay.
Wake up to the breathtaking sight of Glacier Bay National Park this morning, with its formidable rivers of ice, wild coastline and sheltered fjords. As you cruise through the national park, it is easy to see why the area has received World Heritage status. Today, you'll gain a more detailed insight into the unique nature of this national park as local rangers join you onboard to explain the geological wonders and diverse wildlife found in this remarkable region.
Day 19: Ketchikan.
Arrive today in the Alaskan town of Ketchikan, regarded as the salmon capital of the world and renowned for its idyllic scenery and rich Alaskan Native cultures. Here, you will have free time to relax and explore the town at your leisure. Alternatively, perhaps choose to join a walking tour of the town or learn about the history of Tlingit culture at Saxman Native Village (own expense), where you'll be fascinated by the collection of Native American totem poles found on display.
Day 20: Inside Passage.
Today marks your final day aboard your premium Holland America Line cruise ship. You'll spend the day cruising south through the Inside Passage and its magnificent landscapes and towering glaciers. There is time to relax onboard and enjoy the premium facilities of your ship while you take in the incredible views. This evening, savour a final dinner onboard.
Day 21: Disembark Cruise, Depart Vancouver.
After breakfast aboard your cruise ship this morning, disembark in Vancouver for your airport transfer and onward flight.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 November 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- 2 FOR 1 AIRFARES: Offer includes a free economy class airfare for one person when two passengers travel together on the same flights and Travelmarvel tour. Based on Air Canada in Economy class, including air taxes up to $180* per person from Australia. Offer is valid on the URBWIV21, URJWCV19, UREJWC28 and URABWI23. ALL FLY/AIR OFFERS: Based on economy class with Air Canada or another airline of Travelmarvel's choosing from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth, subject to availability of the related airline booking class. Once sold out surcharges will apply.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..